Michael Franzese

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Re: Michael Franzese

Post by Wiseguy »

brianwellbrock wrote:
Meatball wrote:Will he pen a "Tell All" book when his father passes away? I only assume he holds back certain information because his father is still alive?

I also commend and admire his faith and devotion to changing his life and making his family's life for the better.
Ill have to think on that one MB. Im sure his fathers death is something he doesnt like to think about and Im sure a book is the last thing on his mind as far as when his father passes. Perhaps Ill ask him if he does plan on writing a book in the future, and if so will he include things that he has never talked about?

I agree. People get on Michael saying its all an act for him and I was one of them. But through my few conversations with him that have been brief it hasnt been all about religion, mostly politics and him telling me stories of my aunts and cousins and hes shown me a great deal of respect.
I've always thought his conversion was/is sincere.
All roads lead to New York.
brianwellbrock
Straightened out

Post by brianwellbrock »

So heres the questions I have now so far.....

1. To your knowledge, when did Carmine Persico become boss of the Colombo Family? And if he wasnt considered the boss in the 70's was he still pulling the strings from prison?

2. In this article, (Ill post the link that WG posted), you stated their are 9 families in the U.S. Do you come to that conclusion from personal knowledge or is that an assumption from what you have seen in the past?

3. Was Carmine Galante the boss of the Bonnano Family? Or was he just a powerful captain who thought he was the boss?

4. Do you have any thoughts on Hugh Mcintosh? If so, can you speak on his relationship to Carmine Persico?

5. Danny Persico was quoted by your father as being a special member. Could you elaborate? Does that mean he was made but kept secret or not made but treated as such?

6. Has your father ever stated on when he was made? And if so did he ever state who was present?

7. Did you have any made members in your crew while you were captain and if so who were they?

8. Do you plan on writing a tell all book at all in the future? If so would their be details discussed that you have never publicly stated before?

9. The Genovese Family leadership pre 1981, when Vincent Gigante became boss and Fat Tony Salerno had a stroke has been a mystery. As far as you understand, who was the boss of the Genovese Family in the 1970's? Also any other administration members?

10. What was your fathers relationship and opinion on Carmine Persico? And also what was your relationship to his sons amd nephews?

11. Further expanding on the last question what were your thoughts on Allie Boy Persico when both of you were captains? Was he an effective leader who took after his father?

12. Any thougts or opinions on any other Colombo Family members that were on the streets as the same time as you?

13. A member of our board also lives in Orange County, CA. Do you have recomendations on any good pizza joints?

Im in a rush doing this on my phone if anyone notices any spelling errors or would think I should reword something let me know. These are your questions so I want to make sure I get it right.
AG777
Full Patched

Post by AG777 »

BW you know I am ONLY kidding lol don't really ask that unless he talks about food or restaurants :mrgreen: :lol:
brianwellbrock
Straightened out

Post by brianwellbrock »

Lol howd I let that slip past me? Ill go sit in thr corner now.
AG777
Full Patched

Post by AG777 »

+1 Giggle for AG :lol:
InCamelot
Straightened out

Post by InCamelot »

No questions from me, just wanted to say thanks to brianwellbrock for this
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

I have a question: Does he know of any other members or important associates who left the Cosa Nostra for Christ?
brianwellbrock
Straightened out

Post by brianwellbrock »

InCamelot wrote:No questions from me, just wanted to say thanks to brianwellbrock for this
Thanks IC. Im sure Michael would do it for anyone of us. Ive stated ad naseum about him a family friend of my mothers family but Im glad to be able to contribute something to the board because I dont ever really.
brianwellbrock
Straightened out

Post by brianwellbrock »

Antiliar wrote:I have a question: Does he know of any other members or important associates who left the Cosa Nostra for Christ?

You got it. Im gonna go edit my previous posts of questions and add yours. Im going to try to get the qurstions out tonight.
Chucky
Full Patched

Post by Chucky »

For number 5 you have Danny instead of Michael Persico
Just smile and blow me - Mel Gibson
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

In #2 it was in a YouTube video he said it (one of his public speaking engagements), not an article.
All roads lead to New York.
brianwellbrock
Straightened out

Post by brianwellbrock »

brianwellbrock wrote:So heres the questions I have now so far.....

1. To your knowledge, when did Carmine Persico become boss of the Colombo Family? And if he wasnt considered the boss in the 70's was he still pulling the strings from prison?

2. In this article, (Ill post the link that WG posted), you stated their are 9 families in the U.S. Do you come to that conclusion from personal knowledge or is that an assumption from what you have seen in the past?

3. Was Carmine Galante the boss of the Bonnano Family? Or was he just a powerful captain who thought he was the boss?

4. Do you have any thoughts on Hugh Mcintosh? If so, can you speak on his relationship to Carmine Persico?

5. Danny Persico was quoted by your father as being a special member. Could you elaborate? Does that mean he was made but kept secret or not made but treated as such?

6. Has your father ever stated on when he was made? And if so did he ever state who was present?

7. Did you have any made members in your crew while you were captain and if so who were they?

9. The Genovese Family leadership pre 1981, when Vincent Gigante became boss and Fat Tony Salerno had a stroke has been a mystery. As far as you understand, who was the boss of the Genovese Family in the 1970's? Also any other administration members?

10. What was your fathers relationship and opinion on Carmine Persico? And also what was your relationship to his sons amd nephews?

11. Further expanding on the last question what were your thoughts on Allie Boy Persico when both of you were captains? Was he an effective leader who took after his father?

12.. Any thoughts or opinions on any other mobsters you encountered in the 70's or 80's?

Im in a rush doing this on my phone if anyone notices any spelling errors or would think I should reword something let me know. These are your questions so I want to make sure I get it right.
brianwellbrock
Straightened out

Post by brianwellbrock »

I have sent the questions, I edited one and deleted 2. Antillar I forgot to ask your question but sent him another email with it. You can check my edited post on page 2 for them to look at. I deleted MB's question after seeing that Michael already has done a book and felt that maybe it would be too cliche.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Looking forward to the Q & A. Thanks for setting it up.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

AG777 wrote:Can you ask him if he knows of any good pizza joints out here in OC?

I'd ask him that question first to kinda break the ice, and also so I can find out if there really is a place out here :mrgreen: Giggle. Thnx.
Rance's Pizza in Costa Mesa if you like thick crust and Jinny's in Santa Anna. I've had Filomena's in Costa Mesa and I thought it was terrific
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP