Michael Franzese

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

brianwellbrock
Straightened out

Michael Franzese

Post by brianwellbrock »

I have chatted with Michael recently and I asked him abouy doing a Q and A for our board. He said hes more than willing too. I told him I wouldnt ask him anything thats already been in a dozen documentaries and made it clear we arent fan boys. Id like to keep it to 10 or a dozen questions and one I would ask is when as far as he knows did Carmine Persico become boss since that issue has been talked about lately. If anybody else has questions theyd like to ask just let me know Id like to email them to him by the end of the weekend.

I also told him Id send him a link of when I post his answers. Again Id like to ask historically questions that he may of been privy too, such as leadership, opinions on certain families things like that.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Re: Michael Franzese

Post by Wiseguy »

One thing I'd ask him is about something he said in one of his speeches (13:30) below. He mentions "there are 9 La Cosa Nostra families throughout the country."

I happen to agree with him - 5 NY, New Jersey, New England, Philadelphia, Chicago - but I'm just curious if his comment is based on what he knows personally, information from people he knows in the FBI, or what? It was refreshing to see someone not just regurgitate the outdated "24" or "26" families figure in the 21st century.

https://youtu.be/bm-EWMDzP1E

We got also get his 2 cents on the whole Genovese leadership thing during the 1970s.
All roads lead to New York.
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

Wiseguy wrote:
We got also get his 2 cents on the whole Genovese leadership thing during the 1970s.
+1
Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.
brianwellbrock
Straightened out

Post by brianwellbrock »

Ok so we got so far 1....

1. To his knowledge when was Carmine Perisco made official boss of the Colombos and if the answer is after the Galante murder was Dibella an qcting boss-place holder.
2. To his knowledge what was thevGenovese Family leadership in the 1970's before Salerni had his stroke.
3. If he wants to clarify his words in that speech and if hes basing it off any personal knowledge.
Sol
Admin

Post by Sol »

I have a few, you all can choose which one would be best to ask him.
1. Was Carmine Galante the boss (while he was on the streets) or was he just a powerful captain? (Not sure if Michael was on the streets the same time as lilo, if not then forget this question).
2. What if any was his thoughts on Huge Macintosh? He was a close friend to the snake.
3. What did his father sonny when he said Michael Persico was a special member? Did he mean he was made in a special ceremony or he's not made but is treated as one?
4. Who does he think is the street boss of the Colombos today?
You guys can probable word these questions better also, but those are just some of the things I'd like to ask him.......Soliai
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

I'd be curious about what his dad told him about his (Sonny's) making ceremony. When did it happen and who else was there. I'd also like to know the succession of the Franzese crew during the 80s and 90s (even the 2000s if he knows it).

Thanks for this BW. 8-)

Pogo
Last edited by Pogo The Clown on Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

I know he wouldn't discuss it, but I'd like to know what happened to all that gas tax money and if he paid his way out of a harsher sentence.
Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

Cool.

I would like to know if he had any made members in his crew. And if so, who were they.
There you have it, never printed before.
brianwellbrock
Straightened out

Post by brianwellbrock »

Thanks for the input. Im a little busy today and tomorrow but Id like to get the questions to him by tomorrow night or Monday. All of your questions are good. Cici I wont ask him that though, partly because Id like to keep to his knowledge and not just about him.

Tomorrow night Ill draft a list exactly as how Ill ask him which will include everything that has been stated above and show it to you guys.
AG777
Full Patched

Post by AG777 »

Can you ask him if he knows of any good pizza joints out here in OC?

I'd ask him that question first to kinda break the ice, and also so I can find out if there really is a place out here :mrgreen: Giggle. Thnx.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Id like to know what sonny franzese thought of persico and what/how persico got so powerful so early

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
brianwellbrock
Straightened out

Post by brianwellbrock »

Ok I think we have our questions unless anyone has anything else to add. Im a bit busy today but I will draft up the questions and post it either later today or tomorrow the same exact way I will message him with.
Meatball
Straightened out

Post by Meatball »

Will he pen a "Tell All" book when his father passes away? I only assume he holds back certain information because his father is still alive?

I also commend and admire his faith and devotion to changing his life and making his family's life for the better.
brianwellbrock
Straightened out

Post by brianwellbrock »

Meatball wrote:Will he pen a "Tell All" book when his father passes away? I only assume he holds back certain information because his father is still alive?

I also commend and admire his faith and devotion to changing his life and making his family's life for the better.
Ill have to think on that one MB. Im sure his fathers death is something he doesnt like to think about and Im sure a book is the last thing on his mind as far as when his father passes. Perhaps Ill ask him if he does plan on writing a book in the future, and if so will he include things that he has never talked about?

I agree. People get on Michael saying its all an act for him and I was one of them. But through my few conversations with him that have been brief it hasnt been all about religion, mostly politics and him telling me stories of my aunts and cousins and hes shown me a great deal of respect.
Last edited by brianwellbrock on Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

He wrote a book already: quitting the mob that was later re released as blood covenant

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.