Joseph Massino Movie?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

East Bronx
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Joseph Massino Movie?

Post by East Bronx »

phatmatress wrote:won't happen mafia moves on nowadays instead of bringing unneeded heat, esp when the damage has already been done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phat's right. Massino could walk down Cross Bay Boulevard today and other than getting cursed at, he'd probably be okay. Hitting a high profile rat would be career suicide for these guys, and the smarter bosses know it.

As far as not wanting to read about rats: The funny thing is, if it wasn't for the rats there would be nothing to talk about on these boards. Because let's be honest, unless you grew up around here or in a similar environment, most people would think that Don Corleone was typical of the American Mafia. It's bad enough that some people still buy into that fantasy to begin with.

If you're a student of organized crime, then you should look forward to guys like Massino writing books. Of course if you're actually from one of these neighborhoods, and you have a personal stake in such things, then that's an entirely different story. And your hatred is certainly justified.
"Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in your first half-hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker." ---- Rounders.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

East Bronx wrote:
phatmatress wrote:won't happen mafia moves on nowadays instead of bringing unneeded heat, esp when the damage has already been done

Phat's right. Massino could walk down Cross Bay Boulevard today and other than getting cursed at, he'd probably be okay. Hitting a high profile rat would be career suicide for these guys, and the smarter bosses know it.

As far as not wanting to read about rats: The funny thing is, if it wasn't for the rats there would be nothing to talk about on these boards. Because let's be honest, unless you grew up around here or in a similar environment, most people would think that Don Corleone was typical of the American Mafia. It's bad enough that some people still buy into that fantasy to begin with.

If you're a student of organized crime, then you should look forward to guys like Massino writing books. Of course if you're actually from one of these neighborhoods, and you have a personal stake in such things, then that's an entirely different story. And your hatred is certainly justified.
I seen Joe Pistone in a documentary where's going down the old neighborhood and someone shouts "fucking rat" from off camera and he laughs and says: "They don't like me around here." I always thought it was staged. I try and keep a neutral mind but some egos are too much for me to stomach, they include: Pistone, Bill Bonanno, Bill Roemer and Jack Garcia.. You will never convince me otherwise that Garcia went into this with dollar signs and setting things up for a book and movie deal. He never had to fear for his life for one minute. I don't know what's worse, their flamboyant bullshit or Gravano's self deprecating spin on real events.
East Bronx
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by East Bronx »

Chris Christie wrote:I seen Joe Pistone in a documentary where's going down the old neighborhood and someone shouts "fucking rat" from off camera and he laughs and says: "They don't like me around here." I always thought it was staged. I try and keep a neutral mind but some egos are too much for me to stomach, they include: Pistone, Bill Bonanno, Bill Roemer and Jack Garcia.. You will never convince me otherwise that Garcia went into this with dollar signs and setting things up for a book and movie deal. He never had to fear for his life for one minute. I don't know what's worse, their flamboyant bullshit or Gravano's self deprecating spin on real events.
I agree a million percent. That shit was all staged. Pistone needs to take off those fucking sunglasses. He wasn't in any danger thirty years ago and he's not in any danger now.
"Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in your first half-hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker." ---- Rounders.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

You know what just burnt for ass for some reason? His narrative change. If you read the original book, it's representative of the King's English with clear and proper sentences. His newer stuff was written like one of those "How To Talk Like An Italian" Comedy books. And his tune just kept changing as he kept upping the odds, he doesn't even sound like a federal agent today.

And don't even get me started on that 500,000 contract on his head. The source was his own ass.

And how that Michael Franzese? He was an Acting Capo, now you see him on TV describing how the Family wanted Alley Boy and him to be Boss and Under. What bullshit. And his fucking talking in present tense "Us streetguys... In Our Life.." He could stand to be Christ-like and not just a Christian, instead he's earned a generous living from his bullshit. And that's fine with me, but he's a hypocrite of the highest order and if there is a Hell, he'll be there next to that asshole Bill Bonanno.
Last edited by Angelo Santino on Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
East Bronx
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by East Bronx »

Chris Christie wrote:You know what just burnt for ass for some reason? His narrative change. If you read the original book, it's representative of the King's English with clear and proper sentences. His newer stuff was written like one of those "How To Talk Like An Italian" Comedy books.
I can't believe that you noticed that, too!

In "Unfinished Business," if he didn't use the expression "nothing for nothing" a hundred times, he didn't use it once :roll:.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

East Bronx wrote:
Chris Christie wrote:You know what just burnt for ass for some reason? His narrative change. If you read the original book, it's representative of the King's English with clear and proper sentences. His newer stuff was written like one of those "How To Talk Like An Italian" Comedy books.
I can't believe that you noticed that, too!

In "Unfinished Business," if he didn't use the expression "nothing for nothing" a hundred times, he didn't use it once :roll:.
It's nauseating to me. I read that kind of shit or watch a film like "This Thing Of Ours" it's like drinking Apple Juice Concentrate or Aunt Jemamas Maple Syrup. I respected Pistone when he was "I was an FBI agent doing my job." Now you open up his book its: "If Sonny had given the word, fuck it, fuhgedabout it, I would have pulled the trigger and did what we in the mob call, "some wet work.'" Sit down and shut the fuck up, Joe!

Sent him to Guantanamo for a rectal feeding!
East Bronx
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by East Bronx »

Chris Christie wrote:It's nauseating to me. I read that kind of shit or watch a film like "This Thing Of Ours" it's like drinking Apple Juice Concentrate or Aunt Jemamas Maple Syrup. I respected Pistone when he was "I was an FBI agent doing my job." Now you open up his book its: "If Sonny had given the word, fuck it, fuhgedabout it, I would have pulled the trigger and did what we in the mob call, "some wet work.'" Sit down and shut the fuck up, Joe!

You're singing to the choir. You know how I feel about Italian Americans who "over do it." It's sickening. That he's supposed to be an American hero makes it ten times worse.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

East Bronx wrote:
Chris Christie wrote:It's nauseating to me. I read that kind of shit or watch a film like "This Thing Of Ours" it's like drinking Apple Juice Concentrate or Aunt Jemamas Maple Syrup. I respected Pistone when he was "I was an FBI agent doing my job." Now you open up his book its: "If Sonny had given the word, fuck it, fuhgedabout it, I would have pulled the trigger and did what we in the mob call, "some wet work.'" Sit down and shut the fuck up, Joe!

You're singing to the choir. You know how I feel about Italian Americans who "over do it." It's sickening. That he's supposed to be an American hero makes it ten times worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmAeiUwBXHA
East Bronx
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by East Bronx »

Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Last edited by Angelo Santino on Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
phatmatress
Straightened out

Post by phatmatress »

Pistone always seemed like a douche I always favored Nicky the crow when it came to truthfulness. Of course I always found Henry hill interesting just because goodfellas was made about him and he was able to do a decent amount of damage considering he was not a made guy and flipped when it was basically unheard of.

Teflon john
Straightened out

Post by Teflon john »

Ron Previte from Philly is the one that makes me the sickest,talks like he was Al Capone or some shit. Guy would never been in a position to bring anybody if Stanfa wasn't such a fuck up,what kind of boss has a former cop working for him and then makes hima made guy.