Montreal: Rocco Sollecito has just been shot dead

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Laurentian
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Montreal: Rocco Sollecito has just been shot dead

Post by Laurentian »

So far the victim is in critical condition.
Laurentian
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Laurentian »

The victim is now confirmed dead.
OlBlueEyesClub
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by OlBlueEyesClub »

Lmao. I'm sitting here thinking to myself, who the hell is Antonio D'Onofrio. His name doesn't come up with anything in relation to the Montreal Mafia when you search it. Are you sure this was a related killing?
Laurentian
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Laurentian »

Laurentian wrote:The victim is now confirmed dead.
It seems that the man was a bit known by police. Cafe Hillside is reputed to be a mob place.

http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/justi ... untsic.php
OlBlueEyesClub
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by OlBlueEyesClub »

I think its too early to say this killing was related.
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

Lupara wrote:
OlBlueEyesClub wrote:
Lupara wrote:
OlBlueEyesClub wrote:
Lupara wrote:
OlBlueEyesClub wrote:And Lupara, no, I'm not mistaking Spagnolo for Stefano Sollecito. Long before it was revealed that Leonardo Rizzuto was indeed a boss in the Montreal Mafia and that there was a co-boss , roundtable thing going on , articles were saying that Spagnolo was the sole boss of the Montreal Mafia and that he was being groomed by Vito before he died and took over with the blessing of the family.
Again, you're confusing Spagnolo with Stefano Sollecito. Spagnolo has never been identified as the sole leader of the Montreal Mafia.

Man , I'm telling you, I'm not confusing him with anyone.

http://aboutthemafia.com/tag/nicola-spagnolo

Those two articles were reported first by the usual Canadian news sources...Prior to those articles, there were articles that were suggesting Nicola Spagnolo was the sole boss and that he'd been groomed for that position. I'm not confusing him with anyone. It went from him being sole boss, to him and Stefano being the main guys, the two bosses who sat at the round table. To Stefano then being the sole boss. To being proven through MAGOT & MASTIF that he wasn't a boss at all, and that it was actually Stefano & Leonardo who were the bosses.
First, these articles could have been written by anyone. There's no link to the original sources. Second, the articles don't even mention Nicola Spagnolo as sole boss of the Montreal Mafia who was groomed by Vito.

Yes, you are confused with Stefano Sollecito, who was in fact described in articles as being groomed by Vito for the top spot.

Those two articles showed up first in the Canadian news sources . Second, I never said THOSE two articles mentioned him as the sole boss. If you actually read my post, I posted those articles to go along with the timeline I mentioned in the very first paragraph after posting the link. And again, I'm not confusing Spagnolo with Stefano Sollecito. But believe what you want, your opinion in regards to whom I'm confusing who with is irrelevant to me , no disresprct, as I know what I'm talking about and know what I read and know where I read it at. And its this point is not even important to the overall topic . But thanks for your input.

BTW, here's a link to one of the early articles mentioning Spagnolo as part of the ruling table...

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2015/0 ... ntrealaise

Here's an article which makes mention of the closeness of he and his family to Vito Rizzuto after Vito returned to Montreal ... I can no longer find the link, so here's the quote of it when it was posted on RD, by Irish Jimmy...BTW, while this article doesn't state it, its said that Nicolas father , Vincenzo spoke to Vito regularly during his incarceration and that he was frequently seen with Vito on the golf course during Vito's trips to Montreal. I'll post the link which states that , after this article.
Posted April 12, 2013 at 07:45 | Updated at 07:45

A close Rizzuto in jail for nine months

Daniel Renaud
Press

Nicola Spagnolo, 38, whose family is part of the circle of the faithful sponsor of Vito Rizzuto, was sentenced to nine months in prison yesterday morning at the Montreal courthouse for a case of possession of a weapon.

June 24, 2010, while the Sicilians were assailed on all sides, Spagnolo has been involved in a traffic accident at 11:20 p.m. at the corner of René-Lévesque and Mansfield, Montreal. After the collision, a citizen found the strange behavior of the driver and called 911. When police arrived, they arrested him and found a gun Beretta 9mm.

Spagnolo pleaded guilty yesterday to charges of concealing a weapon and possession of a weapon whose serial number has been altered. In sentencing him to nine months in prison, Judge Claude Parent of the Court of Quebec went to a joint submission of counsel for the defense, Mr. Loris Cavaliere and his counterpart from the Crown, Mr. Dominique Potvin.

Nicola Spagnolo appeared detained because he is currently serving a short sentence for a case of driving while impaired. It has also some background in this area.

Spagnolo does not have a lengthy criminal record, but he has already been acquitted of a charge of possession of a weapon for an incident that occurred less than a month before the operation Coliseum in November 2006.

Bodyguard

Vincenzo Spagnolo, Nicola's father is a friend of Vito Rizzuto. In the late 80s, he had already offered to pay a deposit of 1 million for the release of the sponsor following his arrest for seizure of 32 tons of hashish in Sept-Îles.

In 2003, investigators had observed Coliseum project along with Vito Rizzuto and other individuals associated with the Mafia during a round of golf in the Dominican Republic.

Following his arrest in 2004, Vito Rizzuto Vincenzo Spagnolo called regularly in prison, according to the book Mafia Inc. (André Cédilot formerly refer to La Presse).

According to our sources, Spagnolo are present in the environment of Vito Rizzuto since his release and return to Quebec last fall.

http://coolopolis.blogspot.com/2015/10/ ... e.html?m=1

Here's a link , that called Nicola Spagnolo, the right hand man of "the leader" Stefano Sollecito, and his seat at "La Table"...Like I said, articles came out that implied that Sollecito & Spagnolo were the co-bosses.

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2015/0 ... ls-molotov

I'll try to find some more for you...
You were stating that he was the former "sole boss" of the Montreal Mafia. None of these articles you posted back up that particular statement. In fact, there are no articles from credible sources that described him as such, otherwise I would have known, trust me on that. Being a member on the ruling panel is something different than being the boss, which is what you claimed. You are pulling things out of your ass like you often do. I couldn't care less about whether my opinion means anything to you or not, but when you make a mistake I will point it out to you.
OlBlueEyesClub
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by OlBlueEyesClub »

Please inform me what I am pulling out my ass? My statement actually said that there were early articles naming him as the sole boss of the Montreal Mafia and him being close to Rizzuto himself and that those articles turned into him being a co-boss on the ruling panel. I mentioned a timeline, not just ONE singular thing, such as him being mentioned as the sole boss and that's it. I admit, I can't find those articles right now that mentioned him as sole boss, but like I said in my previous post I would produce articles that supported my aforementioned timeline from Canadian sources, which is exactly what I just did. Don't accuse me of "pulling things out of my ass", which is something I've NEVER done, simply because I proved my point and you don't like it. Tough shit, deal with it. I posted an article by Daniel Renaud which refers to his closeness with Rizzuto, I posted an article which refers to him being on the ruling panel, and I posted an article which implies that he was the co-boss along with Stefano Sollecito . All of these by Canadian sources. Now you're saying the articles may have been around which referred to him as sole boss, but that they weren't credible, maybe they weren't , but I know what the fuck I read and you can't tell me I didn't fucking read it. So carry on with the topic, you're free to have your opinion, but don't fucking accuse me of "pulling shit out of my ass" when there isn't shit around to support that.

OlBlueEyesClub wrote:

Those two articles were reported first by the usual Canadian news sources...Prior to those articles, there were articles that were suggesting Nicola Spagnolo was the sole boss and that he'd been groomed for that position. I'm not confusing him with anyone. It went from him being sole boss, to him and Stefano being the main guys, the two bosses who sat at the round table. To Stefano then being the sole boss. To being proven through MAGOT & MASTIF that he wasn't a boss at all, and that it was actually Stefano & Leonardo who were the bosses.
That's what I actually said. You claimed there was no telling who wrote those articles, implying that they didn't come from Canadian sources like I said they did. I posted more than one article that disproved that and supported my bolded timeline. Like I said, you're free to have your opinion but do not accuse me of "pulling shit out of my ass", I take my participation on these forums pretty seriously. I'm willing to learn, and contribute. I've never been ashamed of admitting when I was wrong, not one time. However I know what I read dude, therefore you can't tell me otherwise or claim I'm confusing him with someone else, when I KNOW WHAT THE HELL I READ. That is all.
Laurentian
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Laurentian »

Hundreds of people have paying their respect to Sollecito. Unbelieavable !

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2016/0 ... -personnes
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

I have to say I sympathize with OlBlueeyes.

The condescension on this forum to those that don't confirm can be pretty sickening at times.

Especially considering the vagaries of this particular topic.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

OlBlueEyesClub wrote:Please inform me what I am pulling out my ass? My statement actually said that there were early articles naming him as the sole boss of the Montreal Mafia
Can you show me these articles that described him as such? And don't turn it into being on the ruling panel or being close to Vito Rizzuto or Sollecito, which again is something different. Your statement that he was the "sole boss" of the Montreal Mafia after Vito's passing but before Stefano Sollecito was identified as emerging leader is a serious one that requires evidence.
toto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by toto »

SonnyBlackstein wrote:GO TEAM CANADA!
Laurentian
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Laurentian »

Doobeez
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Doobeez »

More than 200 there..

Thanks, Laurentian.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

In a Vice article about the Montreal War that was published yesterday it says " The FBI still considers the Rizzuto syndicate to be a wing of the New York-based Bonanno crime family."

I don't consider Vice a particularly good resource on this subject and if that's true about the FBI, I wonder where the FBI stated that. However, until I see definitive information that tells us otherwise, I still consider most of the Rizzuto regime to have been Bonanno soldiers even if it's just in theory and not in practice. However, most of the members who had a history as Bonanno members have died or been killed so at this point who knows.

https://news.vice.com/article/the-blood ... to-rizzuto
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

The FBI has been saying that forever. I'm not sure whether they re-evaluated their opinion in the last decade or so. All these killings in recent years indicate that there is very little control and I doubt that most, if any, of these killings have been sanctioned by the Bonannos.