Montreal: Rocco Sollecito has just been shot dead

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Re: Montreal: Rocco Sollecito has just been shot dead

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

My thanks to Dixie, Lupara etc.
Great discussion.

I'm not sure we agree 100% on the extent of Dejasrdines Leadership in the current events, but a fascinating topic and good contributions.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

Laurentian wrote:
Lupara wrote:
Laurentian wrote:
Lupara wrote:
SonnyBlackstein wrote:@ Laurentian: are there English versions to the articles you post please?
Thank you.

@ Lupara: Desjardines may have respect on the street but I'm questioning his power within the family. His power came from his once close relationship with Vito and being De Maulo's brother in law. Both are dead.
During the Rizzuto period the old Cotroni group had a lot of autonomy. Together both groups formed the Montreal Bonanno crew that slowly started to fall apart after Sciascia was killed.
The Cotronis held autonomy, but to a certain extend, during the Rizzutos' tenure. An example, they had to tell first the Rizzutos if they were about to be involved in any kind major drug importation, like RCMP "Caviar-Choke" demonstrated in the 1990s. If they wanted to set up a racket of any kind in Montreal or outside, they still have to tell the Sicilians first.
You're right ofcourse, but there's a difference between autonomy and full independence. During the Rizzuto period everybody answered to the Rizzutos. But I don't think they enacted the same kind of control as Cotroni and Violi. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, informing the Rizzutos of any drug importation was a formality and important for communication.
Then what did you mean by autonomy?
I've just checked the definition in English which is basically the same as independency. I always thought that autonomy meant independency to a certain degree, like for example certain states under the Warshaw Pact. That is what I meant, that the Cotronis had some form of independency/self government but ultimately answered to the Rizzutos.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

SonnyBlackstein wrote:
So your contention is Joe Saunders is sending hit teams up to Monreal eh?
Mancuso.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

B. wrote:
SonnyBlackstein wrote:
So your contention is Joe Saunders is sending hit teams up to Monreal eh?
Mancuso.
I stand corrected.
:roll:
;)
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Frank Cali runs Montreal.
OlBlueEyesClub
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by OlBlueEyesClub »

Lupara wrote:
OlBlueEyesClub wrote:And Lupara, no, I'm not mistaking Spagnolo for Stefano Sollecito. Long before it was revealed that Leonardo Rizzuto was indeed a boss in the Montreal Mafia and that there was a co-boss , roundtable thing going on , articles were saying that Spagnolo was the sole boss of the Montreal Mafia and that he was being groomed by Vito before he died and took over with the blessing of the family.
Again, you're confusing Spagnolo with Stefano Sollecito. Spagnolo has never been identified as the sole leader of the Montreal Mafia.

Man , I'm telling you, I'm not confusing him with anyone.

http://aboutthemafia.com/tag/nicola-spagnolo

Those two articles were reported first by the usual Canadian news sources...Prior to those articles, there were articles that were suggesting Nicola Spagnolo was the sole boss and that he'd been groomed for that position. I'm not confusing him with anyone. It went from him being sole boss, to him and Stefano being the main guys, the two bosses who sat at the round table. To Stefano then being the sole boss. To being proven through MAGOT & MASTIF that he wasn't a boss at all, and that it was actually Stefano & Leonardo who were the bosses.

And you guys are all wrong, Gene Gotti controls Montreal. And this is a war because the Bonannos want their power back, Vinny Basciano is calling the shots from his ADX prison cell, word is he was behind the hit on Giordano AND Rocco Sollecito.

And in regards to Desjardins, the guy had enough pull to send an Italian, Giuseppe Colapelle, who at one point was very close to the Rizzuto faction, to infiltrate Montagna's core group in Montreal and report to him Montagna's every move , from the moment they aligned. So I don't doubt there are many Italian/Calabrians that owe some form of loyalty to Desjardins. But those who weren't killed, are imprisoned right along with him. But that doesn't mean he still doesn't have some influence on the street. I'll tell you this much with Mom Boucher putting contracts on his head, and Vito killing off the remainder of his presumed allies, Desjardins always gave off the vibe that he was cool as a cucumber through all of it. I too still question if he and Fernandez were actual made members or not, to be honest. Vito made calls and wanted Fernandez to return to his side even after he told bosses who questioned him in Italy , that he was a made man. There was never an implication given that he was going to be penalized by Vito for claiming to real Italian family bosses that it was him specifically who had Fernandez inducted. Fernandez still had contact with Rocco Sollecito prior to his death. And Vito wanted him back by his side, again. Requesting Fernandez to come meet with him in Cuba and the DR. Where its said Vito always met his allies there post his prison release. And even after being blown off once, he was still convinced he could persuade Fernandez to join his side. I just don't see Vito going through all this effort, for a guy who lied about his induction into Vito's mafia family . But then I always think of history, and how a non-italian was never inducted. And I just can't see Vito going against long standing tradition like that and inducting two non-italians and giving them actual making ceremonies. Even if he was the same guy who severed his criminal familial ties to the Bonannos.
brianwellbrock
Straightened out

Post by brianwellbrock »

OlBlueEyesClub wrote:
Lupara wrote:
OlBlueEyesClub wrote:And Lupara, no, I'm not mistaking Spagnolo for Stefano Sollecito. Long before it was revealed that Leonardo Rizzuto was indeed a boss in the Montreal Mafia and that there was a co-boss , roundtable thing going on , articles were saying that Spagnolo was the sole boss of the Montreal Mafia and that he was being groomed by Vito before he died and took over with the blessing of the family.
Again, you're confusing Spagnolo with Stefano Sollecito. Spagnolo has never been identified as the sole leader of the Montreal Mafia.

Those two articles were reported first by the usual Canadian news sources...Prior to those articles, there were articles that were suggesting Nicola Spagnolo was the sole boss and that he'd been groomed for that position. I'm not confusing him with anyone. It went from him being sole boss, to him and Stefano being the main guys, the two bosses who sat at the round table. To Stefano then being the sole boss. To being proven through MAGOT & MASTIF that he wasn't a boss at all, and that it was actually Stefano & Leonardo who were the bosses.

And you guys are all wrong, Gene Gotti controls Montreal. And this is a war because the Bonannos want their power back, Vinny Basciano is calling the shots from his ADX prison cell, word is he was behind the hit on Giordano AND Rocco Sollecito.

And in regards to Desjardins, the guy had enough pull to send an Italian, Giuseppe Colapelle, who at one point was very close to the Rizzuto faction, to infiltrate Montagna's core group in Montreal and report to him Montagna's every move , from the moment they aligned. So I don't doubt there are many Italian/Calabrians that owe some form of loyalty to Desjardins. But those who weren't killed, are imprisoned right along with him. But that doesn't mean he still doesn't have some influence on the street. I'll tell you this much with Mom Boucher putting contracts on his head, and Vito killing off the remainder of his presumed allies, Desjardins always gave off the vibe that he was cool as a cucumber through all of it. I too still question if he and Fernandez were actual made members or not, to be honest. Vito made calls and wanted Fernandez to return to his side even after he told bosses who questioned him in Italy , that he was a made man. There was never an implication given that he was going to be penalized by Vito for claiming to real Italian family bosses that it was him specifically who had Fernandez inducted. Fernandez still had contact with Rocco Sollecito prior to his death. And Vito wanted him back by his side, again. Requesting Fernandez to come meet with him in Cuba and the DR. Where its said Vito always met his allies there post his prison release. And even after being blown off once, he was still convinced he could persuade Fernandez to join his side. I just don't see Vito going through all this effort, for a guy who lied about his induction into Vito's mafia family . But then I always think of history, and how a non-italian was never inducted. And I just can't see Vito going against long standing tradition like that and inducting two non-italians and giving them actual making ceremonies. Even if he was the same guy who severed his criminal familial ties to the Bonannos.

The mafia and their traditiona are only as strong as people allow them to be. Sure its possible Vito couldve given these guys a ceremony but nobody fron Italy or NY would care hence making it invalid. In their own section of the underworld they have their codes. Im sure a Hell Angel will acknowledge Joe Bravos status as a criminal the same weather he had a ceremony or not it dont matter to them aa much but try going to Sicily and getting them to acknowledge is a totally different thing.

What Im saying is it isnt black and white. Vito supposedly making these guys only will have implications from within and wouldnt affect their standing to other groups.
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

OlBlueEyesClub wrote:
Lupara wrote:

First, these articles could have been written by anyone. There's no link to the original sources. Second, the articles don't even mention Nicola Spagnolo as sole boss of the Montreal Mafia who was groomed by Vito.

Yes, you are confused with Stefano Sollecito, who was in fact described in articles as being groomed by Vito for the top spot.
Laurentian
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Laurentian »

brianwellbrock wrote:
OlBlueEyesClub wrote:
Lupara wrote:

The mafia and their traditiona are only as strong as people allow them to be. Sure its possible Vito couldve given these guys a ceremony but nobody fron Italy or NY would care hence making it invalid. In their own section of the underworld they have their codes. Im sure a Hell Angel will acknowledge Joe Bravos status as a criminal the same weather he had a ceremony or not it dont matter to them aa much but try going to Sicily and getting them to acknowledge is a totally different thing.

What Im saying is it isnt black and white. Vito supposedly making these guys only will have implications from within and wouldnt affect their standing to other groups.
Right on !
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

It's been Alfonso Gagliano, politician and made member of the Montreal decina, who has been pulling the strings all along.
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

B. wrote:It's been Alfonso Gagliano, politician and made member of the Montreal decina, who has been pulling the strings all along.
I thought we had an agreement not to reveal this secret...
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

In all seriousness, he is a made member up there who was born in Siculiana, so I am curious if he has any contact with the players up there. He is the only "legitimate" member of the Montreal crew that I know of.
Laurentian
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Laurentian »

Funerals for Sollecito, on Friday, June 3.

http://www.complexeloreto.com/obituarie ... ew&id=2218
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

B. wrote:In all seriousness, he is a made member up there who was born in Siculiana, so I am curious if he has any contact with the players up there. He is the only "legitimate" member of the Montreal crew that I know of.
Are you sure he's made?
Laurentian
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Laurentian »

Laurentian wrote:Funerals for Sollecito, on Friday, June 3.

http://www.complexeloreto.com/obituarie ... ew&id=2218
http://www.realdeal-forum.com/forum/pos ... 2&p=384270 - In English.