Gambino family info

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Gambino family info

Post by felice »

I was reading an italian document from some years ago, there are several mentions on a tape to a made guy within the Gambino's they call "Il Messinese" who seems to be very powerful and gets last word on several matters. Messinese is an adjective to mean he is from Messina. I really didn't know who he could be until I could read another part that made me suspect that "Il Messinese" could be John D'Amico

As pointed out by JD in past, John Rizzo replaced Squitieri as member of the administation. Rizzo was very close to Jack D'Amico while Squitieri was a Gene Gotti's man. D'Amico moved the power base of the family from the Gotti's to the Brooklyn side.
Frank Calì was considered among the Gambino family as "Jackie's guy" since he was really close to D'Amico, FBI is sure D'Amico still has the last word on the most important family matters.
Cefalù is considered to be really close to D'Amico as well.

well, D'Amico, could easily be a surname from Messina, it's very common there but I always thought he was born in the Usa and he wasn't tied to the Sicilians

another info I read for the first time:
Domenico Cefalu's son was made in the early 2000s, he is highly considered among the family. There's no mention of his name.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Re: Gambino family info

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Good stuff Felice. When was Rizzo in the administration?

Also Cefalu's son is named Ricardo. Thanks to JD for this info.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
AlexfromSouth
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by AlexfromSouth »

It most likely isnt Jackie nose Damico.Jackie was born In the lower east side,East village to be exact.His father was a tv repair man,and the familly was from around Salermo the same place where that cook Antonio Carlucchio is from.He was in Garafalo-D'Amico Crew.
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

early 2000s, there's a tape between Calì and Di Leonardo, they discuss of this matter.
Riccardo, right, like his father.

Alex, I read that on his wikipedia page but I do not trust it so much. Do you have any personal info?
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

felice wrote:FBI is sure D'Amico still has the last word on the most important family matters.
Source?
felice wrote:John Rizzo replaced Squitieri as member of the administation.
Source?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

pogo, the tape is from november 2012...looks like rizzo's promotion was recent from the way Calì talks about it, so it should have happened around summer/autumn of that year
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

I have written it, it's an italian police report
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Thanks for the info Felice. I'm assuming his run as UnderBoss was very short since Cali was the UnderBoss by 2013?

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

I don't know, anyway in case it wouldn't have been that short, 2002-2013, 9 years...
They say (police report) Calì replaced D'Amico as captain when D'Amico was promoted to acting boss, in another part anyway they say Calì became a captain of the old John Gambino's decina
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

11 years, sorry lol
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

I thought Rizzo was promoted in 2012?

Pogo
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

in 2006 Joseph Corozzo is indicated as official consigliere and acting boss
Anyway everything is very confusing, Corozzo, Megale, D'Amico, Cefalù and Rizzo are considered to be part of the admistration in those years
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

no Pogo, tape between Calì and Di Leonardo is from november 27, 2002
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Oh OK because in the post above you said November 2012. Thanks for clearing it up. 8-)

So it looks like Rizzo was Acting UnderBoss in the early 2000s and was replaced by Megale.

Pogo
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

oh damn, I just noticed I wrote 2012... yeah that was a mistake