Gangland:5/12/16

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Chucky
Full Patched

Re: Gangland:5/12/16

Post by Chucky »

The Gong brothers had nothing to do with the Martorano hit, that was a bullshit rumor. Steve has and always will be a fringe guy and his brother was well on his way to being out the door even by that point, no way those two were tapped to do that. Tony Gagliardi said he was the driver for the hit to Steve Carnivale, but he went down in the Carnivale drug thing before he became a big player but he was close to Lucibello. Wouldn't surprise me if Nicodemo was involved with that one too...given his reputation.
Just smile and blow me - Mel Gibson
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Pogo The Clown wrote:
moneyman wrote:who are the suspects in the Turchi murder?

Roger Vella implicated Joe Ligambi, Steve Mazzone, George Borgesi, Joe Massimino and Frank Gambino in that hit. I don't think it was reported what role they played though.

Pogo

Frank Gambino... hes gotta be dead by now no ? Died a while ago?
Chucky
Full Patched

Post by Chucky »

He died a couple years ago
PHL_Mob
Straightened out

Post by PHL_Mob »

Interesting thanks Chucky. I remember reading that it was "someone close to Gaeton" but never thought to consider Tony Gags. One more unrelated question for you guys. Was looking at the chart again and was wondering how Gary Arabella fits in today? He was around going back to the late 70s/and 80s and was rounded up with the rest of the made guys and top associates in the late 80s in he Jersey indictment and then again with Stanfa so he is obviously a player with whatever regime is in power, but being with Stanfa in the 90s war how is he able to fit in today? He was actively trying to kill the Merlino guys so gotta be some bad blood I would think? I've also read to the contrary in one earlier article that he was part of the Merlino crew so not sure if he switched at one point or if it was just wrong? His candy shop on Passyunk was the one where Salvie got hit and I think he was working for the Grande's in the 80s. I wonder if he's actually under Mikey Lance like you have him or if he has realigned to Punge's crew? Any insight would be appreciated!
PHL_Mob
Straightened out

Post by PHL_Mob »

Sorry meant to say Gary Tavella my spell check must have kicked in...
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

According to GA a lot of the Stanfa guy's fell in line with Natale-Merlino regime once they started getting out in the late 90s. I'm sure he was no exception.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Chucky
Full Patched

Post by Chucky »

He was with John Ciancaglini for a while, wouldn't surprise me if he was one of the five guys who got down back in October.
PHL_Mob
Straightened out

Post by PHL_Mob »

Interesting yeah I know he was arrested with Johnny Chang in that '87 bust I was referring to earlier. I think so to regarding the October making ceremony, however, this is the first time I've actually heard this... Do you guys have an idea or educated guess that on the five new ones? I'm relatively new to this board so apologies if I am repeating old threads/convos. The list posted on one of the articles seem a little bogus to me (I.e. Accardo I feel was already made and Salvo I can't see getting made yet, Joe Baldino seems the most likely).
Chucky
Full Patched

Post by Chucky »

PHL_Mob wrote:The list posted on one of the articles seem a little bogus to me (I.e. Accardo I feel was already made and Salvo I can't see getting made yet, Joe Baldino seems the most likely).
I agree with this across the board, DePena is a guy I would think got in as well.
PHL_Mob
Straightened out

Post by PHL_Mob »

Interesting- how old is he roughly do you know? Isn't he an old 10th & O guy? What do we know about DePena?
Chucky
Full Patched

Post by Chucky »

Mid to late 40s, tough guy, he was very tight with Nicodemo, his son has gotten into a little trouble recently but I don't think that hurts him. You're right about him being a former 10th & O guy, he was one of a bunch of guys who jumped ship after the Turras imploded.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Why do you think DeSalvo wouldn't get made yet, out of curiosity? I was surprised to see his name come up again as a potential new member, as I thought he was off running a restaurant and not really involved in the life, but he's been close to top guys for a long time (he's in that "famous" pic of Ligambi leaving the courthouse along with Anthony Borgesi).
PHL_Mob
Straightened out

Post by PHL_Mob »

@B no real proof to be honest I just always saw him as more of a collector/body guard/muscle as opposed to earner let along into the gambling... Not that that means he wouldn't get made because of that necessarily but didn't think it would put him the latest crop...
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

BORGESI GETS BUMP UP FROM MERLINO AS BOYHOOD BEST FRIENDS GET BACK ON SAME PAGE IN PHILLY MAFIA

Relations have thawed significantly between Philadelphia mob boss Joseph (Skinny Joey) Merlino and his former consigliere George (Georgie Boy) Borgesi over the last several months. According to one source connected to both Merlino and Borgesi’s respective inner circles, Merlino recently re-upped Borgesi to a capo post. The pair dined together on the Jersey Shore last weekend, weeks removed from Merlino visiting Borgesi’s new South Philly clubhouse headquarters.

Read more: http://gangsterreport.com/gr-sources-bo ... same-page/
Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.