Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

NickleCity
Full Patched

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by NickleCity »

So when they raided Bongiovanni's house, the search warrant indicates they were looking for and able to seize anything related to the Buffalo LCN Family (see d.)
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Stroccos wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 7:46 am
AntComello wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 4:44 am Why are they so adamant about not using any terms like LCN, mafia and shit like that?
it influences the jury, if the government could just throw around the word Mafia imagine how hard it would be to mount a defense.

also what direct evidence do they have that has direct Mafia involvement in this case ? I haven't seen any
Reported that two people involved are made and they are searching for documents related to the Buffalo LCN family. Pretty straight forward at this point
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

According to this February 2024 document the federal prosecutors describe the Buffalo LCN Family as "an IOC Group operating Buffalo, NY and elsewere." If I remember correctly from my grammar days, operating would be a present participle that indicates a continuous or ongoing action.

Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

NickleCity wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 10:31 am According to this February 2024 document the federal prosecutors describe the Buffalo LCN Family as "an IOC Group operating Buffalo, NY and elsewere." If I remember correctly from my grammar days, operating would be a present participle that indicates a continuous or ongoing action.

Hallelujah. Amen. Lord Jesus Christ our Savior
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

NickleCity wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 10:31 am According to this February 2024 document the federal prosecutors describe the Buffalo LCN Family as "an IOC Group operating Buffalo, NY and elsewere." If I remember correctly from my grammar days, operating would be a present participle that indicates a continuous or ongoing action.

And as I pointed out to you previously this is not unique to Buffalo. In the past when a remnant of a family has been busted the indictment will make reference to said family. Even years after the Feds declared said family gone. We have seen this with Scranton, Kansas City, Cleveland, Rochester and now Buffalo. It doesn’t mean the Feds suddenly did a complete reversal and are now declaring those families alive and functioning as you are trying to claim.

Here is my previous post where I posted several examples of them doing this.

viewtopic.php?t=4122&hilit=D%E2%80%99elia&start=3735
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 10:56 am

And as I pointed out to you previously this is not unique to Buffalo. In the past when a remnant of a family has been busted the indictment will make reference to said family. Even years after the Feds declared said family gone. We have seen this with Scranton, Kansas City, Cleveland, Rochester and now Buffalo. It doesn’t mean the Feds suddenly did a complete reversal and are now declaring those families alive and functioning as you are trying to claim.

I don't think this is the right link, can you point me to your post again.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 10:56 am

Apples and oranges. This case doesn't fit those examples at all as much as you wish it did
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

NickleCity wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 11:04 am I don't think this is the right link, can you point me to your post again.

Try this one. My post is on page 249 of this thread.

viewtopic.php?p=162860&hilit=D%E2%80%99elia#p162860
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 11:17 am
NickleCity wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 11:04 am I don't think this is the right link, can you point me to your post again.

Try this one. My post is on page 249 of this thread.

viewtopic.php?p=162860&hilit=D%E2%80%99elia#p162860
Thanks appreciate the link. So what you and Wiseguy reference is KC, Pittston, Rochester and Cleveland. These guys mentioned are technically members/associates because there are still members alive, but they are remnants. I get what you are saying that Buffalo could be the same.

Here is the difference, I don't think we know of any recent making ceremonies with those families, am I correct?

With Buffalo we know there has been a making ceremony and then leadership realignment that took place. Unless I'm missing something NY Empire is right, that compares apples to oranges.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Apples and more apples.

Pogo really explained it in the early pages of this thread. Maybe it should be posted in huge type, NickleCity-style, so it isn't ignored so easily?

Pogo The Clown wrote:In the 1970s, Jimmy Frattiano said there was no organized crime in San Francisco. Just four old guys with Lanza. They were still considered Cosa Nostra members but apparently Frattiano no longer considered the family to still be around.

In the 1980s, Angelo Lonardo testified there was no family in Cleveland and that it had been destroyed. This despite the fact he knew there were still about a dozen living members (only 2 active), John Tronolone was the boss, and they had dealings with New York.

In the 1990s, Paul Villano was named boss of Denver despite there only being a few inactive members still alive.

In the 1990s, Anthony Carolla and Frank Gagliano were named boss and underboss in New Orleans, despite there only being a handful of members still alive and only a few of them active. They also had dealings with two NY families in the video gambling bust.

In the 1990s, William D'Elia was named boss of the Bufalino family despite there being only about a dozen members alive with all of them old, inactive, or in prison. He was recognized by the NY and Philadelphia families, though Ralph Natale apparently considered the family finished.

In the late 1990's/early 2000's, Tommy Gambino was promoted to underboss in the Los Angeles family. They also had two captains - Jimmy Caci and Louie Caruso. In addition, Milano inducted about a half dozen new members in the 1990s. Looking at things in retrospect I don't think anyone would say now that LA was a resurging family or even a viable family. More like the last remnants going through the motions. There was no real organization to speak of and very little criminal activity with only a few members involved in very minimal activities.

In 2000, Thomas Marotta was referring to himself as the boss in Rochester, inducted a new member (informant Anthony Delmonti), referenced another active member "Joe T" (likely Rochester member Joseph Triesti). The family had about 20 members remaining but only a handful were active. Marotta's drug operation had ties to to NY and Delmonti had dealings with members in Cleveland. But it was just the last remnants.

We have seen the same scenario in Rochester, Scranton, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit, Tampa, New Orleans, Kansas City, Denver, Los Angeles, San Jose, and San Francisco. You had LCN activity via a few members still involved in crime, or some members with nominal titles, but at the end what you really have is just the remnants of the organization.

Pogo The Clown wrote:In 2000 you had the newly promoted Boss of the Rochester family cought on tape inducting a new member (informant Anthony Delmonti). In total there were at least 20 Rochester members still alive at this time. Marotta also had ties to Bonanno members and Cleveland members. Marotta was busted for dealing drugs (in connection with the Bonannos) as well other crmies. The last member to be indicted in Rochester before him was, I believe, in 1988. So 12 years previous.

In 2017 you had the UnderBoss of the Buffalo family, with ties to Bonanno members, cought on tape and busted for dealing drugs. Several Buffalo members were still alive at this time. The last member to be indicted before him was in 2002. So 15 years previous.

In both cases people on the internet tried to use the bust and tapes as evidence of the respective families still being alive and viable and or resurging despite LE claims to the contrary. But now with 20 years of hindsight we see that it wasn't some big Rochester resurgence but just the usual residual activity from the last remnants of the organization. I suspect we will see the same thing with Buffalo. I mean we haven't had a Buffalo made member indicted on the US side since 2002.
All roads lead to New York.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Apples to little baby kiwis.

Yawn
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

NickleCity wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 2:05 pmThanks appreciate the link. So what you and Wiseguy reference is KC, Pittston, Rochester and Cleveland. These guys mentioned are technically members/associates because there are still members alive, but they are remnants. I get what you are saying that Buffalo could be the same.

Here is the difference, I don't think we know of any recent making ceremonies with those families, am I correct?

With Buffalo we know there has been a making ceremony and then leadership realignment that took place. Unless I'm missing something NY Empire is right, that compares apples to oranges.
The fact that Violi is made underboss not long after being inducted should tell you something.
All roads lead to New York.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

Look like Burnstein's reporting has been on the mark with his article on Paul "Hotdog" Francofort. Hotdog was definitely close with Todaro Sr and the government has pictures of him, Sr, and Vic Sansonese.

NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

Wiseguy wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 2:10 pm
NickleCity wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 2:05 pmThanks appreciate the link. So what you and Wiseguy reference is KC, Pittston, Rochester and Cleveland. These guys mentioned are technically members/associates because there are still members alive, but they are remnants. I get what you are saying that Buffalo could be the same.

The fact that Violi is made underboss not long after being inducted should tell you something.
That he had a well respected pedigree and intercontinental connections?
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

NickleCity wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 2:15 pm
Wiseguy wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 2:10 pm

That he had a well respected pedigree and intercontinental connections?
He wasnt made underboss after a short time. Wtf is this guy shitting out of his mouth now. Yawn.

The hierarchy is in place. 1, 2, 3 spots. End of story.

These guys have been dead in the water for years now. The only thing left for them to do, yet again, is wipe the tears.