Gangland September 19th 2024

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

7digits
Associate

Re: Gangland September 19th 2024

Post by 7digits »

Uncle Pete wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:58 am I don’t know how much I buy that Joey’s podcast would bring any extra heat from the law. He arguably was the hottest guy out when he was on the street and the Feds were already throwing every rat they had after him. I think if he was to try to remain boss and was meeting with made guys in Philly and Florida discussing business, he would bring way more heat on not just himself but also on anyone he met with or spoke too.

It was the rat segments. He’s been told not to do it anymore and he hasn’t done it in months. He was asked if they’ll be more and he wouldn’t say yes
People don’t realize the mob has evolved w the times. Street murders are a thing of the past for the most park. The days of killing a boss to replace him is over. The shelf is the new thing
Teddy Persico
Straightened out

Post by Teddy Persico »

Uncle Pete wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:58 am I don’t know how much I buy that Joey’s podcast would bring any extra heat from the law. He arguably was the hottest guy out when he was on the street and the Feds were already throwing every rat they had after him. I think if he was to try to remain boss and was meeting with made guys in Philly and Florida discussing business, he would bring way more heat on not just himself but also on anyone he met with or spoke too.
A "joint project involving the demolition and carting industries" definitely doesn't need to attract attention. Legitimate people don't want to be seen with you if your criminal background is constantly being brought up by the press and/or LE.
The way you talk, you just confuse him.
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

Cheech wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:04 am
CornerBoy wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 7:20 am
Cheech wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 4:59 am FWIW Borgesi was at Joeys trial in new york every day. Think about that…
hi cheech- what are you trying to illustrate or highlight? thx
Maybe they had a subsequent disagreement after the podcast but as you know it takes dedication going to someones trial every day. Its extremely boring and the courthouse he was at in manhattan wasn’t exactly close to philly. Its a few hours I believe. Takes some dedication. You gotta really love the person you are going to support. Reading in between the lines him going says a lot.
get it now. courts are not exactly exciting. south philly to downtown manhattan is 2.5 hours easy at rush hour. yes, shows commitment.
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!