The Book That Hasn't Been Written

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Stroccos
Full Patched

Re: The Book That Hasn't Been Written

Post by Stroccos »

Antiliar wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 8:20 pm Two questions:

First, if someone were to write a book just focusing on the Commission case, what would you want it to cover?

Second, what person, topic, or event would you like to see covered that hasn't been covered yet (or maybe hasn't been covered the way it should have been)?
Are u writing a book Antiliar?
The Investsgtion And how they got everyone

Al may already did part one , Youngstown part 2 would be interesting to read ,
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

This little survey is my idea, but for someone I know who's an author. It's always good to see what the public is really interested in (even if it's a specialized section of the public like members of this forum).
NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Post by NorthBuffalo »

I think the more modern day era books on the late 1980s and especially 1990s LCN is what is missing - when things were gritty, less glamorous and the mafia was adapting to a changing society and was on a downward trajectory. I think its mostly a story of 'holding on' and 'survival' for some families - a lot of broke guys and drug addicts barely scratching through a living in some areas - yet some thrived and created new scams like pump and dumps, etc.
Juice Terry
Associate

Post by Juice Terry »

Would like to see a definitive book on the Mob's involvement in London.

Tony Ducks selling slot machines via Dave 'Gabe' Forman and Albert Dimes, Dino and Eddie Cellini's croupier school, the Coloney Club owned by Meyer Lanskey and Angelo Bruno and fronted by George Raft, the Patriaca Family gambling junkets and the murder of Robert Calvi.
stubbs
Straightened out

Post by stubbs »

The Mob Archeologists should collab on a book. There’s so much info you guys have uncovered, in terms of how the mafia is structured, how interconnected all of the families are by region/campesini, etc.

B’s articles on New Orleans and Birmingham alone could be the foundation for two chapters in the book.

Discuss how Chicago is actually a super traditional family. Discuss Angelo’s organizational vs operational theory on explaining the differences between formal mafia structure and how street rackets are organized.

You guys could cover so many of the smaller families like Colorado, Rockford, Springfield, Madison, the defunct Newark family, etc.

The podcasts and youtube videos are great. Next step is to put it all together in a book.
AG777
Full Patched

Post by AG777 »

Maybe a book on boxing and the mob.
sdeitche
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by sdeitche »

AG777 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 10:41 pm Maybe a book on boxing and the mob.
Ask and you shall receive: https://rowman.com/ISBN/9781538113158/B ... et-Science
trafficante
Straightened out

Post by trafficante »

I would pay for a book about Rockford.
"Don't go telling me about two factions. Don't try that Nick Licata shit on me."
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

trafficante wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 11:12 am I would pay for a book about Rockford.
Read Cavita's posts and you basically get the best possible Rockford book for free.
AG777
Full Patched

Post by AG777 »

sdeitche wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 3:50 am
AG777 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 10:41 pm Maybe a book on boxing and the mob.
Ask and you shall receive: https://rowman.com/ISBN/9781538113158/B ... et-Science
Thank you for the suggestion. I will check it out.
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

frank fiordilino (sp?) would be able to write an amazing book w info that most of have no idea about.

Seems like a private guy f so I don't know if it would be worth it to him financially

How much could a successful mob book make?
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!