Gangland September 12th 2024

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Gangland September 12th 2024

Post by Little_Al1991 »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 10:55 am
Snakes wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 10:49 am
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 10:33 am Curious as to the technicalities of protocol.

How can one boss shelve another? There's hardly a commission anymore. Why couldn't Joey just say F U to Mannino?

Borgesi going against his childhood friend of 50 years, if true is huge.

All a ploy, IMO
If it's preventing Philly from working with NY on some things (as Capeci alluded to), that would hold a lot of weight.
Skinny as been fighting for 30 years for boss. Stood up to possible life sentences. His boyhood brothers.

For a podcast? Cmon.

Borgesi going to throw Joey under the bus for some garbage route? Nope.

It's a ruse.

Again, how does Mannino place Joey on a shelf?
Pennisi has made stated that the Genovese Family have influence of some sort over the Philly Family. He said something like that, I can’t remember specifically
The Philly family could have removed him despite being friends with him for so long but it’d understandable because the podcast won’t bring nothing but heat and it’s not what anyone in that life should be doing, according to its members

The impression of that life that John Pennisi gives indicates that Joey was bound to be shelved over this so again I say that it could have been his own family who wanted him out
NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Post by NorthBuffalo »

Never know what's going on behind the scenes and there has been plenty of evidence that Skinny Joey was essentially grifting everyone with his gambling and borrowing off his reputation. Maybe that just went too far and in the end, the only guy left around him to pay his bills was that Peter Pan kid.

I don't understand how guys get shelved today and there isn't a threat of them going rat if they can no longer earn - seems like a risky move for a family to make. These guys are ex-cons and have limited options. The FBI pays them and moves them to a new life. I don't think Merlino ever would rat - but some of these guys go informant out of vengeance (like Vinny Ocean or Cookie D'Urso) - and Joey seems like that type. If everyone fucks him over and ices them out, he's going to fuck them over and get the last laugh.
aray22
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by aray22 »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 10:56 am
Ovation32 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 10:39 am It feels to me as though Cefalu is the (far less interesting) Fat Tony in this situation. Mannino was close to John G. and Cali. Just a gut-feeling.
Or Mannino is Fat Tony
I was gonna say. Mannino is who we hear way more about which would be the Fat Tony in this hypothetical.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Ovation32 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 10:37 am Does anybody else have a sneaking suspicion that Lorenzo Mannino has been the Gambino Boss since shortly after Petey was deposed?
He's the real leader just doesn't have the title and that's basically what Capeci reported years ago. He's running the family.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

JohnnyS wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 11:44 am
Ovation32 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 10:37 am Does anybody else have a sneaking suspicion that Lorenzo Mannino has been the Gambino Boss since shortly after Petey was deposed?
He's the real leader just doesn't have the title and that's basically what Capeci reported years ago. He's running the family.
Remember when we all said that about Cali.
Remember when we all said that about John Gambino.
Remember when we all said that about Stevie Crea.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Little_Al1991 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 11:05 am The Philly family could have removed him despite being friends with him for so long but it’d understandable because the podcast won’t bring nothing but heat and it’s not what anyone in that life should be doing, according to its members
Can you tell me how?
A vote?

When was the last time sitting boss was voted out?

How'd that work out for Joe C?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
7digits
Associate

Post by 7digits »

Makes sense
They haven’t don’t a rat or the month in months and when he was asked about it he kind of brushed it off and didn’t say they would do another one
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 10:33 am Curious as to the technicalities of protocol.

How can one boss shelve another? There's hardly a commission anymore. Why couldn't Joey just say F U to Mannino?
Theoretically, it would depend on whether there was appetite within the family to keep its boss in place. Michael DiLeonardo discussed how a family could oust a boss in a Gang Land article before Peter Gotti died in prison:
If they do it the right way, the captains will take a vote, and take him down, and put him on a shelf.
In instances where that hasn't worked (e.g., the Orena faction attempt to oust Persico; Cammarano's 2017 vote to replace Mancuso as official boss), the incumbent boss has had significant enough support to put up a fight (politically or forcefully) to keep his position.

It could be argued that the way Natale and Merlino came to power in 1994 fits this pattern. The Genovese family was unhappy with Stanfa and decided to install/recognise Natale instead. By that point, Stanfa was unable to do anything about it because he was off the street and nobody left on his side was willing to keep fighting. The same could be said to have happened in 1991 when Scarfo was ousted and replaced by Stanfa (thanks to Stanfa's connections in New York). As evidenced by Scarfo's later attempts to re-take the family, he had clearly not resigned his position willingly, but he was unable to mount a successful fight for it.

So outside influence could theoretically prompt an attempt to oust a boss, but for it to be successful it would require the rest of the family to go along with it or otherwise be unable to prevent it.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Honk
Straightened out

Post by Honk »

So basically Scott B’s reporting was correct all along.

All the naysayers saying there’s no way NY cares about the podcast are eating crow now that their messiah Capeci confirms it.
scott22
Straightened out

Post by scott22 »

I’ve been reporting practically the exact same thing in real time over the past 8 months and you guys are praising Jerry ? He’s almost a year late . I was finessing my language and didn’t say demoted or shelved because of people like ALL OF YOU but made it very clear he was forced off the throne and had zero power and it was all at the behest of the Genovese and the Gambinos due to the podcast and I was character assassinated on here and everywhere else . Even for You guys this is rich lol

Scott
scott22
Straightened out

Post by scott22 »

And to whoever of you clowns that literally bet money that you had run me off like a scared puppy you clearly got played. I’m going to get bullied off my own crime reporting beat by a washed up , deposed mob boss and a bunch of desk jockey tough guys on here? Come on. I ain’t going anywhere fellas . Buckle in baby !
Lol

Scott
Last edited by scott22 on Thu Sep 12, 2024 5:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Brovelli
Straightened out

Post by Brovelli »

Honk wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 4:11 pm So basically Scott B’s reporting was correct all along.

All the naysayers saying there’s no way NY cares about the podcast are eating crow now that their messiah Capeci confirms it.
Redemption for Scott! Good for him, nice to throw it back at some of the shit he’s been given and I’ve given him a tiny bit at times so glad to see some credibility for his reporting
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

The mob rats are gonna have a field day on Youtube lol
jmack
Straightened out

Post by jmack »

scott22 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 5:22 pm I’ve been reporting practically the exact same thing in real time over the past 8 months and you guys are praising Jerry ? He’s almost a year late . I was finessing my language and didn’t say demoted or shelved because of people like ALL OF YOU but made it very clear he was forced off the throne and had zero power and it was all at the behest of the Genovese and the Gambinos due to the podcast and I was character assassinated on here and everywhere else . Even for You guys this is rich lol

Scott
@cheech I’ll take that hundo now!
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

jmack wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 6:17 pm
scott22 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 5:22 pm I’ve been reporting practically the exact same thing in real time over the past 8 months and you guys are praising Jerry ? He’s almost a year late . I was finessing my language and didn’t say demoted or shelved because of people like ALL OF YOU but made it very clear he was forced off the throne and had zero power and it was all at the behest of the Genovese and the Gambinos due to the podcast and I was character assassinated on here and everywhere else . Even for You guys this is rich lol

Scott
@cheech I’ll take that hundo now!
Fuck! Dm your paypal!
Guy Fatato said on a tape-recording that Franzese's vig on a $30,000 debt was "like social security" for him. - GohnJotti