Bushwick in the seventies

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Augie
Prospect

Re: Bushwick in the seventies

Post by Augie »

Ridgewood.. That was a typo my bad actually meant Montagna. Not surprised to hear that I guess as it seems Montagna was put up by Basciano & Mancuso but don’t know anything about him other than what you’d hear and the media stuff. Interesting about Amato as that seems like a guy who coming from that pedigree, like you said, but also about how he came from that Cesar Bonventre faction and still being out on the streets in the early 2000s. Would’ve been interesting where he ended up in the mix if still out on the streets instead of getting life. Definitely seems like he had the experience and history.
Ridgewood 79
Straightened out

Post by Ridgewood 79 »

No not zips Sicilian s , yes both Sicilian faction s at times worked together patsy conti was very active with the Sicilian faction of the bonanno a anoung others, yes amato could be boss in a NYC minute I'm pretty sure in a america after the pizza connection was hatched guys were doing their thing their was actually a pizza connection 2 case in the late eighties that was a lot smaller than the original case and a gambino family thing , Giorgio was George from Canada we called him Giorgio
John W
Straightened out

Post by John W »

Ridgewood what reason was being given on the street at the time for George from Canada getting whacked and who was thought to be responsible?
Ridgewood 79
Straightened out

Post by Ridgewood 79 »

Deflection since he was a Bronx guy and a former drug guy at that point they (well Joe)put a false narrative out that it was the Albanians in a deal gone bad it was a ploy to appease Montreal it raised eyebrows up north
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Ridgewood 79 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 11:01 am No not zips Sicilian s , yes both Sicilian faction s at times worked together patsy conti was very active with the Sicilian faction of the bonanno a anoung others, yes amato could be boss in a NYC minute I'm pretty sure in a america after the pizza connection was hatched guys were doing their thing their was actually a pizza connection 2 case in the late eighties that was a lot smaller than the original case and a gambino family thing , Giorgio was George from Canada we called him Giorgio
Did you ever hear of or participate in any direct or indirect discussion about whether Amato and Bonventre were made on the other side first before finally making their way to the US via Canada?

I think that when some book authors and crime reporters have speculated that Amato was likely first made in Sicily, they neglect Amato's young age when he arrived in America: He was only 18 years old.

Vitale had said that someone made on the other side could never rise, after transferring to the Bonanno Family, to the position of boss for that Family.
Ridgewood 79
Straightened out

Post by Ridgewood 79 »

No they weren't made on the other side books are full of crap Caesar and my older sibling worked construction together around 75 and of the the two of anyone had a shot in being made at that age it was Caesar and not amato Caesar bonventre had pedigree amato did not ( they were not cousins either)as for Vitale about rising?? Well those were post Joe bonanno I'm guessing?? And even a mid eighties kinda thing like everything else Gotti was changing ( btw Vitale was very deep up Gotti s ass)
Ridgewood 79
Straightened out

Post by Ridgewood 79 »

Last question actually gave me a good idea for a new topic next week: truths and myths about Caesar bonventre..tks anti mafia
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Ridgewood 79 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 2:33 pm Last question actually gave me a good idea for a new topic next week: truths and myths about Caesar bonventre..tks anti mafia
Thanks for answering my question and then some.

Please, please don't tell me this drink wasn't named after him: :D
Ridgewood 79
Straightened out

Post by Ridgewood 79 »

Is that the Joe and Mary?? Jk
Honk
Straightened out

Post by Honk »

Bloody Mary in the US

Ceasar in Canada
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Massino said in his testimony that Amato was a captain at one point but only for a week. Wonder when that was and why he was taken down so quickly. Attanasio was already acting for Bonventre and took over that crew, so not sure if Amato briefly took it over before Attanasio became official or if Amato was briefly a captain later.

You ever hear anything about that, Frank?
Ridgewood 79
Straightened out

Post by Ridgewood 79 »

No I haven't b if amato was a captain it was acting to Caesar I would guess?? not to after the bonventre murder baldo went away and for 5 years in the pizza connection case Caesar bonventre being tried in absentia actually helped amato get that sentence being Caesar took most the heat ( yes it helped amato) as to amato being knocked down to soldier? Never heard of that ( he was basically always a soldier I thought) and knocking him down made no sense it s actually telling him out right we killed your buddy and now your nothing mob don't work that way with capable guys Mike sabella yes not amato especially with Canada still kicking up
Ridgewood 79
Straightened out

Post by Ridgewood 79 »

Gotta remember I was a teenager during this time I was breaking windows with some of the kids on gates Ave ( yes 😀 the Giannini crew before Jerry capeci made the name a mob farm team read) but yeah amato never reached captain again if he ever was.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Honk wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 3:59 pm Bloody Mary in the US

Ceasar in Canada
I stand corrected. Thanks for the clarification.