Bushwick in the seventies

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Ridgewood 79
Straightened out

Bushwick in the seventies

Post by Ridgewood 79 »

I spent the beginning of my childhood in Bushwick Brooklyn it's for sure the fondest memories I hold today almost 52 years later about the time my family and I took that trip across the Atlantic from castellemare del golfo we settled in on a 4 room railroad flat apartment all 7 of us lol on himrod and Knickerbocker Ave I would love to hear anyone from Bushwick or even nyc share a story or two about growing up in the seventies ( my favorite era) doesn't after be necessarily a mob topic ( 😁 it can) however I'm looking to tackle certain topics a week so feel free to ask whatever 🤪 well almost 😂 have a great day and let's roll and this is truly a very good forum.
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Re: Bushwick in the seventies

Post by CornerBoy »

Ridgewood 79 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 8:03 am I spent the beginning of my childhood in Bushwick Brooklyn it's for sure the fondest memories I hold today almost 52 years later about the time my family and I took that trip across the Atlantic from castellemare del golfo we settled in on a 4 room railroad flat apartment all 7 of us lol on himrod and Knickerbocker Ave I would love to hear anyone from Bushwick or even nyc share a story or two about growing up in the seventies ( my favorite era) doesn't after be necessarily a mob topic ( 😁 it can) however I'm looking to tackle certain topics a week so feel free to ask whatever 🤪 well almost 😂 have a great day and let's roll and this is truly a very good forum.
you should def write a book.

If you told your life story from start to current day, it would be amazing.

I just don't know that you want to put it all out there....

Enjoy your holiday wkend,
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
Ridgewood 79
Straightened out

Post by Ridgewood 79 »

Tku corner boy I'm definitely conflicted on the book route I mean I really don't have a problem discussing past guys it's the active ones I don't like bringing up unless it's only good and believe it or not most of these guys were ok most of the time it's the guys who flipped I mostly find annoying
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

Ridgewood 79 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 6:27 pm Tku corner boy I'm definitely conflicted on the book route I mean I really don't have a problem discussing past guys it's the active ones I don't like bringing up unless it's only good and believe it or not most of these guys were ok most of the time it's the guys who flipped I mostly find annoying
funny comment about ppl that cooperated.

If you went all out and talked about everything, I think it would be much better than leonetti and d'arco's. you have a very unique story to tell.

I'm not being hyperbolic or obsequious, my opinion.

Not sure it would be worth it for you money wise, no idea about how much advances etc are. a great co author and publicist would be nice as well.

Post by Guest »

I have thought about several ideas in respect to a book even went so far from my growing up around giants in that life as well as being part of a mob farm team as well as my life in wit sec etc etc I've even wrote numerous rough drafts just to not have the balls to actually go through with it however it's something I do think about now and then
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

So I lived in Bushwick in the early 2010 era

Was my favorite area of Brooklyn to live in

Lotta Puerto Rican heroin dealers n coke bodegas still.... Not much Italian left I don't think

Ridgewood/Bushwick known street level trafficking these days
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

The out of towners love to come here and live in the worst areas and I’ll never understand it. ‘Hey I’m thinking it’s a great idea to buy this 2 million dollar brownstone that’s across the street from the projects this way if I’m ever in the mood to get mugged or feel like getting addicted to H I’ll be all set.’

I have to shlep all the way to St Nick and Bleeker tomorrow and I’m not looking forward to it, fucking Bushwick.
tex
Associate

Post by tex »

Dated a few girls in Bushwick back in the day. Herion on Jefferson Street and hookers on Flushing Ave was the normal. Lots of zips hanging out on Knickerbocker Avenue outside the few coffee shops eyeballing the cute PR chicks or having breakfast at Joe and Mary's .I have many memories of that area and recall it as a tough neighborhood with some great people.
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

i was only months old when the seventies ended so sadly I have nothing to contribute on the subject of NYC in the seventies

Ridgewood 79- Were you ever tempted to get into the drug game? I;m sure you saw guys make mountains of cash w that shit.

Ridgewood in the 80's must've been crazy as a young Sicilian guy w the family and friends you were surrounded by

Have a great day
Honk
Straightened out

Post by Honk »

Guest wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 4:56 am I have thought about several ideas in respect to a book even went so far from my growing up around giants in that life as well as being part of a mob farm team as well as my life in wit sec etc etc I've even wrote numerous rough drafts just to not have the balls to actually go through with it however it's something I do think about now and then
Maybe you already shared but I’m curious about your ‘wit sec’ comment. Care to share more about cases etc?
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Is this person everyone says to write a book a past member I'm getting confused why everyone is saying write a book
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Ridgewood 79
Straightened out

Post by Ridgewood 79 »

Cornerboy: um...not so much ( about getting in the drug game) I know this might sound hypocritical but my mentors in that life were totally not about the heat it brought to them ( drugs) especially by the time i was old enough to be around them and they were millionaires ( legitimately) so no although robbing drug dealers or worst ( unfortunately) was popular with myself and my friends growing up
Ridgewood 79
Straightened out

Post by Ridgewood 79 »

Jeremy no I was an associate,
Ridgewood 79
Straightened out

Post by Ridgewood 79 »

Honk sure I was part of the u.s vs coseletto case Joe Massino was my co- defendant at one time along with half the bonanno family 😆
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

Ridgewood 79 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 3:13 pm Cornerboy: um...not so much ( about getting in the drug game) I know this might sound hypocritical but my mentors in that life were totally not about the heat it brought to them ( drugs) especially by the time i was old enough to be around them and they were millionaires ( legitimately) so no although robbing drug dealers or worst ( unfortunately) was popular with myself and my friends growing up
sounds totally logical

I just thought since you were near catalano et al.

I guess the guys you were around took action and lent money?

So your guys sort of looked down on Aiello etc?

Thanks man