TMA: The Camorra's Influence on American Cosa Nostra

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

OmarSantista
Straightened out

Re: TMA: The Camorra's Influence on American Cosa Nostra

Post by OmarSantista »

Generally, in abundance were most of the "black hand", camorristi? Considering the depletion starting in the 1910's - 20's. Would it be wrong to think there were more Campanian's in the U.S before Sicilian's given the number of possible societies throughout the country? For example Colosimo, Mike Gallo of San Francisco, Mauro of Pittsburgh, Boiardo. I forget when migrations happened.

The downfall of the black hand was because Cosa Nostra's system worked better or because the black hand camorristi were out numbered; or were black handers divided groups between the ethnicities of Campanian's and Calabrese
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

I was talking to a guy whose area of ​​expertise is San Francisco, it seems that Mike Gallo was from Piedmont, the Turin area. So it seems quite unlikely that he was a Camorrist, it's probably just the press that made a shortcut "Italian criminal = Camorra"
OmarSantista
Straightened out

Post by OmarSantista »

Ah thanks fab
Proletarian187
Straightened out

Post by Proletarian187 »

To the archeologists:

Any teasers regarding what subject and more importantly when there might be a new show? I'm on my third rewatch of the whole series as I write this, hehe.. The Philly epidode and the latest camorra-pod being my favorites.
Carbine genius
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

No plans right now. I work a minimum 50+ hours every week, weekends being mandatory in my industry, and don't get home until 7:30 PM PST. Though Rick is also part of the West Coast faction, Angelo and Tony are East Coast and Tony's professional life gets very busy as well. It can be extremely hard to coordinate especially if there is a guest on top of that, and that's just scheduling the recording and not all the other aspects that go into planning it or the other stuff going on with our lives/interests.

I would love to get back into the swing of it and plan to hopefully sooner rather than later but you get the idea.

Really happy to hear you've been able to enjoy multiple listens and I'm honored by the support.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

B. wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 4:56 pm Really happy to hear you've been able to enjoy multiple listens and I'm honored by the support.
+1.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Proletarian187
Straightened out

Post by Proletarian187 »

Of course. The first viewing I'm only able to absorb an overview of it all. It's on the second and third one I'm able to really get into the detaljer.

Thanks for the answer. I get that it's time consuming as hell. Kinda wish you guys were basement dwelling, unemployed Youtubers haha..
Carbine genius
Proletarian187
Straightened out

Post by Proletarian187 »

Fucking autocorrect on my phone. Detaljer=details in swedish..
Carbine genius
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Proletarian187 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 5:24 pm Kinda wish you guys were basement dwelling, unemployed Youtubers haha..
Yeah even I'm amazed that I'm not one.
Proletarian187
Straightened out

Post by Proletarian187 »

Ambition is a killer...
Carbine genius