5 Family's Making Ceremonies

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

InCamelot
Straightened out

Re: 5 Family's Making Ceremonies

Post by InCamelot »

johnny_scootch wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 1:28 pm
InCamelot wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 9:27 am Does anyone know if the Genovese ever had a period where they really slowed down on making new guys?
Your question reminds me of a comment Gotti made to Chin at a commission meeting stating the Genovese had over 30 slots to fill and Chin said they would fill those slots when they were ready.

Not sure what year that was though.
I think that was a 1988 meeting. Also read this post from JohnnyS:

The Genovese books were closed in 2014 when O'Nofrio proposed Santaniello for membership. When the indictments came down in 2016, Santaniello and Depergola were definitely not made. As we've seen with other guys it can take years to be made. For example Felice Masullo was first proposed in 2006 and was still waiting 3 years later. Is there any guys we suspect that were straightened out in the early 2010s? I wonder how long their books were closed for. They were reopen by 2016 as Michael Messina was made then.

viewtopic.php?p=272102#p272102

Curious as to when the Genovese actually had its smallest membership.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

InCamelot wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 9:36 am Curious as to when the Genovese actually had its smallest membership.
I think it would be a good idea if you went to LCN Bios and read through all the bios of Genovese members because JD always adds when that member is included on the FBIs list of identified members. You can narrow down when the FBI had the least amount of identified members of the Genovese family and that might help you figure out when they were at their smallest.

Like this from his recent Joe Calabro bio;

In June 1979 posthumously included in the FBI's list of 177 identified Genovese Family members.
InCamelot
Straightened out

Post by InCamelot »

johnny_scootch wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 9:47 am
InCamelot wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 9:36 am Curious as to when the Genovese actually had its smallest membership.
I think it would be a good idea if you went to LCN Bios and read through all the bios of Genovese members because JD always adds when that member is included on the FBIs list of identified members. You can narrow down when the FBI had the least amount of identified members of the Genovese family and that might help you figure out when they were at their smallest.

Like this from his recent Joe Calabro bio;

In June 1979 posthumously included in the FBI's list of 177 identified Genovese Family members.
That is a great tip. Cheers.
InCamelot
Straightened out

Post by InCamelot »

Unfortunately it looks like most of the lists mentioned on his posts are from the 60s and 70s. The lowest of those being 1979.