Detroit LCN Capos 2024

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Tocco686
Straightened out

Detroit LCN Capos 2024

Post by Tocco686 »

Trying to see if anyone has any idea who the current Capos are in Detroit LCN. I’ll take an educated guess from information I’ve learned from contacts of mine. Here’s my current list.

Jack Giacalone-Boss in name only. I believe Tony Lapiana is really running things due to Giacalone pretty much being a hermit after his daughters situation. I believe he is there to be the lightning rod when the feds come down on LCN. I think Tony Lop prefers to stay out of the spotlight as he was a Jack Tocco Protege and was taught to be low key.

Peter Tocco I believe was Underboss but recently passed away. I actually have no idea who would be UB or Consigliere now that PT and Tony Palazzolo have both died.

Joe D’Anna is the Upper Eastside Capo. He’s been consuming a lot of territory in that area. Moving Heroin and him and his brother Mimmo owning Restaurants, Social clubs and Construction/Real Estate company. Which is run by Mimmo son Cologero.

David Aceto I’m not sure is even active. I hear nothing about him and it seems like his territory was taken over by the D’Annas.

Joe Giacalone I believe runs the Downriver/ Dearborn area with the Rugerio Brothers who own the Antonio’s chain of restaurants.

As for other Capos I would love to hear your guys input.

-Paulie Corrado is shelved
Jack Tocco Jr. Lives in Bloomfield Hills and runs several companies.
-Vince Giacalone runs a Pizza chain.
-Anthony Tocco Jr. Runs Carmela Foods
-Joe Vicari is an associate married to Toccos Daughter. Heard Jack and Anthony were silent partners in helping him build the Andiamo’s chain.

Not really sure who else would fit in as Capo as there are not that many guys left. I hope Scott chimes in. I would love to hear his input. But I see he really doesn’t post on here anymore.
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Detroit LCN Capos 2024

Post by Little_Al1991 »

Can’t the FBI just tell us how active Cosa Nostra is outside of New York? Can’t they tell us if the Milwaukee Crime Family is still active for example?

Would any FOIA requests help answer our questions about the activities of Cosa Nostra outside of New York?

Information that we have about the outside families is almost non existent
JoePuzzles234
Straightened out

Post by JoePuzzles234 »

Scott B was identifying Peter D. Tocco as the consigliere and street boss (not sure if he means acting boss here) prior to his death with LaPiana as the underboss.

He has also reported similar things about the D'Anna brothers apparently being the most active part of the family and the Rugiero brothers being with Joseph Giacalone (there is also that one photo of Anthony and him together at some point).

On this forum, he identified Jack W. and Vincent Giacalone as "top guys with buttons", along with Baratta, Aceto and Louis Stramaglia.

Outside of Big Paulie Corrado (the shelved guy), Peter Jack, Cousin Paulie and Dominic M. are still alive and have been identified as LCN members (though I am having trouble finding the source for Dominic aka Chicago Dom). Anthony (Fat Tony's son) and Peter Anthony are also still around and were associates in the late 1990s.

This is what he told a friend of mine in either 2020 or 2021, can't recall, regarding some of the other guys:
"Little Pete [Peter D. Tocco's son] isn't really anybody. The Messina brothers [Joseph and Peter] I think are made. Little pete is a mortgage broker or real estate agent. Little Joey Tocco [seemingly Joseph C. Tocco, son of Joseph N. and nephew of CW Nove] could have a button, he's a big bookie on the east side."
Maybe the Messinas are with Aceto, given their previous association?

I guess based on all that, you could list Giuseppe D'Anna and Joseph Giacalone as possible captains, maybe Aceto as well?
"I can’t deal with this. I can’t believe it goes on there. I can’t. Only in Ohio.” - Carmine Agnello
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Tocco686 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 1:27 pm Not really sure who else would fit in as Capo as there are not that many guys left. I hope Scott chimes in. I would love to hear his input. But I see he really doesn’t post on here anymore.
Scott and I chat on Facebook a lot and I just sent him a message asking about this. I'll let you know if he writes back with anything.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Tocco686
Straightened out

Post by Tocco686 »

One of the Corrado’s owns and runs Caffe Italia on Hayes with Mimmo D’Anna. Not sure which one.

The Messina brothers I don’t believe were ever made. From what I’m told they’ve always been jerkoffs. They run book out of their work. Which I believe they both work at the Chrysler Plant.

Big Paulie Corrado works for one of the big 3 now as well. I know he’s had quite a few failed business ventures. Restaurants and such.

Peter Tocco’s son Little Pete married a Chaldean girl from West Bloomfield or Farmington Hills. He’s a small time bookie and owns a painting company. I know his wife comes from money so I’m sure he’s pretty set up.

Aceto is a ghost. He used to accompany Giacalone to the Stage Deli where he would meet with Pete Tocco. He used to drive a Corvette there all the time.

Louis Stramaglia is a no nonsense type of guy. He used to be involved in that water park on the Eastside and owned Volpe-Vito Trucking company. He’s also one you never hear about. He’s gotta be pretty old now. I know he’s stayed low ever since he got popped in Florida for that Road Commission Scam. You literally can not find any recent pics of him.

Eugene Baratta was close with Jack Tocco, but since he passed away he spends most of his time down in Florida. Not sure if he has a crew down there. I know he owns Fairway meat packing and a bunch of real estate holdings in South Florida. I don’t believe he has much of any pull with Detroit LCN.

I know the Bagnasco’s who own the Funeral homes are heavily tied to LCN. Not all of them but I believe 2 of the 3 sons are involved in the life.

I don’t really know a lot about the younger Tocco’s except that Nove is working at some Deli north of Port Huron. He also got popped a few years back when he was a bus driver for stealing out of purses. He goes by John now.
Tocco686
Straightened out

Post by Tocco686 »

I also forgot to mention Gotti Tocco. He seemed like an up and comer and was Giacalone’s driver. But ever since he had his kid he’s kinda stepped away. You really do t see him anymore either.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Tocco686 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 1:27 pm I hope Scott chimes in. I would love to hear his input. But I see he really doesn’t post on here anymore.
He wrote back. According to him there are four captains: Joey Jack, Davey Aceto, Baby Bull Corrado, and Mimmo.

Chicago Tony runs the family with Jackie the Kid as figurehead, Joe D'Anna is street boss, and Genie Boy Baratta is probably consigliere, he says.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Post by furiofromnaples »

What happened to Giacalone daughter?
Tocco686
Straightened out

Post by Tocco686 »

Here is what happened to Giacalone’s Daughter.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/local/loc ... 25753/amp/
JoePuzzles234
Straightened out

Post by JoePuzzles234 »

Ivan wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 8:14 pm Four captains: Joey Jack, Davey Aceto, Baby Bull Corrado, and Mimmo.

Chicago Tony runs the family with Jackie the Kid as figurehead, Joe D'Anna is street boss, and Genie Boy Baratta is probably consigliere, he says.
Eugene Baratta was close with Jack Tocco, but since he passed away he spends most of his time down in Florida. Not sure if he has a crew down there. I know he owns Fairway meat packing and a bunch of real estate holdings in South Florida. I don’t believe he has much of any pull with Detroit LCN.
Regarding Gene, Scott wouldn't say Baratta's name on his livestream for whatever reason (he appears in Motor City Mafia, so not sure what that is about) but it was clear he was referring to him as consigliere via the "royal marriage" comment (Anthony Zerilli's son-in-law). Also notes he is semi-retired.
Tocco686 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 3:06 pm One of the Corrado’s owns and runs Caffe Italia on Hayes with Mimmo D’Anna. Not sure which one.
Wonder if this isn't Peter Anthony then, given Scott's ID as a captain.
The Messina brothers I don’t believe were ever made. From what I’m told they’ve always been jerkoffs. They run book out of their work. Which I believe they both work at the Chrysler Plant.
Peter was running his own car lot at 15420 Gratiot Ave (either as Show and Go Auto Sales or Patrick's Used Cars) at one point, not sure if it is still around anymore.
I know the Bagnasco’s who own the Funeral homes are heavily tied to LCN. Not all of them but I believe 2 of the 3 sons are involved in the life.
That's pretty interesting, guessing these would be Samuel's grandsons (or grandnephews etc.) by this time?
I don’t really know a lot about the younger Tocco’s except that Nove is working at some Deli north of Port Huron. He also got popped a few years back when he was a bus driver for stealing out of purses. He goes by John now.
I recall seeing somewhere that Joseph N. was beaten or otherwise threatened for information regarding his brother's whereabouts. Not sure how well that would translate into being connected/active at this point. Joseph C. (the bookmaker identified by Scott) is his son from my understanding. He's in his late 40s now.

I thought Nove was living in Arizona. Can't find the purse mugshot, which is a pity. Wonder what he looks like nowadays.
"I can’t deal with this. I can’t believe it goes on there. I can’t. Only in Ohio.” - Carmine Agnello
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

So Detroit is an actual crime family or they are just pretending?
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Four captains 😂
Tocco686
Straightened out

Post by Tocco686 »

I do believe it’s still a family with structure. But long gone are the days where they ran everything. I believe it’s mostly Drugs, Gambling and using that money to acquire legit businesses. Possibly to launder money through them.

I know Fairway Packing owned by Baratta is heavily tied in with Carmela Foods which is run by Anthony Tocco’s Kid.

The Tocco family are silent owners in Andiamo; Joe Vicari is married to the daughter of deceased consigliere Tony Tocco and is Jack Tocco’s nephew via marriage. The Tocco bros were close with Joe V’s father Dominic, a former made guy that died a few years

Tringali Sanitation is owned by reputed Detroit LCN soldier or associate Joey Tringali, son in law of Billy Jack and its where Jackie Giacalone, Tringali’s brother in law and the current acting boss of the family, gets his legit income from (on the payroll as a “labor consultant”).

Bagnasco’s Funeral Home has longed been mobbed up: dating back to its founding by original Detroit LCN member Frank “The Undertaker” Bagnasco, who was killed by Black Bill Tocco and Joe Zerilli in 1937. The funeral home business was then ran by The Undertaker’s sons, Sammy and Tony, both LCN soldiers. Right now Billy Bagnasco (not made guy, just an associate), Sammy’s son and Jack Tocco’s nephew runs the day to day.

A Corrado family chart; Big Paulie Corrado (the guy caught on tape w/ Nove), Cousin Paulie Corrado, Fat Pete Corrado, Baby Bull Corrado, Nino Corrado and Chicago Dom Corrado. Big Paulie and Fat Pete are Dominic “Fats” Corrado’s son, the other four are “Tony the Bull” Corrado’s sons. Fats and Tony the Bull were brothers and co capos, sons of Detroit LCN family founding father Machine Gun Pete Corrado
Tocco686
Straightened out

Post by Tocco686 »

Patrick’s used cars. Weren’t they associated in some way when they busted Pete Tocco’s crew and Thomas Mackey?
pat_marcy
Associate

Post by pat_marcy »

So how many made guys are in the family now? 4 captains so that would be what? Minimum of 20 guys?
I’m a novice in mafia stuff these days but that used to be the assumption didn’t it? 1 capo oversees 10 made guys or something like that