General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Patrickgold
Full Patched

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by Patrickgold »

Ivan wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 1:53 pm
Richards_bar wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 1:46 pm That photo is from the late 80’s/early 90’s
I was joking, I had no idea when the photo is from or what they might be discussing.

Speaking of Zizzo, there's a new Scotticle up naming Fred Pordyla/Poradyla as one of the FBI's prime suspects in his disappearance, which is news to me. Can't find anything about it in search, either, except one post vaguely alluding to it in passing.
Yea I never heard that either. I wonder how Scott got that info that he was a prime suspect. Porky was pretty much finished in the 2000s from what I know and was broke hanging out at the joynt on Dearborn and cafe biando in the south loop trying get money from people. I met him and he was extremely cautious and had a hard time moving around. I think when he died they didn’t even have a wake
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

The photo of Joey A and Sarno was taken in 1989 on Loomis near Taylor Street.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Antiliar wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 6:11 pm The photo of Joey A and Sarno was taken in 1989 on Loomis near Taylor Street.
If that’s the case, then it was before the indictments even came down on the Infelise crew case. I don’t believe that Sarno was made at this time, but I suspect that he was a guy who put in a lot of work for the outfit before he was made, so who knows what business EP may have had to discuss with him.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

Has anyone ever heard of Tommy Dye? He claims to be a former associate of Spilotro.

https://youtu.be/FKkP9yfAvCA?si=Z6EL1KEmrMPsr1YA
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Post by NorthBuffalo »

PolackTony wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 9:39 pm
Antiliar wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 6:11 pm The photo of Joey A and Sarno was taken in 1989 on Loomis near Taylor Street.
If that’s the case, then it was before the indictments even came down on the Infelise crew case. I don’t believe that Sarno was made at this time, but I suspect that he was a guy who put in a lot of work for the outfit before he was made, so who knows what business EP may have had to discuss with him.
That was also when Andriacchi operated Rosebud via Alex Dana, which was right around the corner, no? I've read plenty of materials noting Andriacchi often took meetings in that neighborhood in his restaurant or walks around the block.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Might be too basic a question for the experts here but fuck it I can't find it anywhere else lol: is Mike Sarno related to Big Al Sarno?
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Ivan wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 7:47 am Might be too basic a question for the experts here but fuck it I can't find it anywhere else lol: is Mike Sarno related to Big Al Sarno?
viewtopic.php?p=229936#p229936
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

I'm going to go out on a limb and say mike sarno was made prior to his going away to prison in 1992 for the Infelise crew case.

He got out of prison in 1999, and we know we was a powerful made guy on the rise by 2002/2003. He was high up enough to be named boss by 2005/2006. More importantly, we have Sam Volpendesto on a wiretap in the early 2000's talking about how Marcello was named boss. His quote? "That was supposed to go to Large", meaning some people thought Sarno was getting the top spot instead of Marcello. Marcello was released and assumed the boss role in 2003, so if Sarno was in consideration for boss that early in the decade, you would think he would have had to been made earlier than 1999, just 3 or 4 years earlier. All speculation of course , but it's fun to read between the lines.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Ivan wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 7:47 am Might be too basic a question for the experts here but fuck it I can't find it anywhere else lol: is Mike Sarno related to Big Al Sarno?
Not related
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Coloboy wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 8:26 am
I'm going to go out on a limb and say mike sarno was made prior to his going away to prison in 1992 for the Infelise crew case.

He got out of prison in 1999, and we know we was a powerful made guy on the rise by 2002/2003. He was high up enough to be named boss by 2005/2006. More importantly, we have Sam Volpendesto on a wiretap in the early 2000's talking about how Marcello was named boss. His quote? "That was supposed to go to Large", meaning some people thought Sarno was getting the top spot instead of Marcello. Marcello was released and assumed the boss role in 2003, so if Sarno was in consideration for boss that early in the decade, you would think he would have had to been made earlier than 1999, just 3 or 4 years earlier. All speculation of course , but it's fun to read between the lines.
Tony and I have discussed this off the board. I think it's possible, but tough. He was indicted with the Infelise crew on 2/7/90 (but made bail), pled guilty on 10/18/91, charged in the Castaldo case in January 1993, sentenced on 8/18/93, and released in 1999. I suppose he could have been made while he was out on bail, but it's probably more realistic that he was made very soon after his release in 1999 (which is what Tony thinks).
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

OcSleeper wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 8:25 am
viewtopic.php?p=229936#p229936
Thanks!
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Another possibility is that he was made in 89 with Solly D, but considering his status relative to DeLaurentis, Bellavia, etc. at the time, I'm not very confident in that scenario.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Snakes wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 9:20 am Another possibility is that he was made in 89 with Solly D, but considering his status relative to DeLaurentis, Bellavia, etc. at the time, I'm not very confident in that scenario.
Agreed.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

PolackTony wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 9:28 am
Snakes wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 9:20 am Another possibility is that he was made in 89 with Solly D, but considering his status relative to DeLaurentis, Bellavia, etc. at the time, I'm not very confident in that scenario.
Agreed.
Is there any way he could have been made in prison?
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

cavita wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 9:30 am
PolackTony wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 9:28 am
Agreed.
Is there any way he could have been made in prison?
Given how little we really know about how the Outfit makes guys, especially in the modern era, I say....why not? Wasn't he locked up for a while in the same prison as Delaurentis and Inendino? If so, they could have been plotting all kinds of stuff. It's one of the reasons I always felt like the ascension of Sarno invovled Solly D and Jimmy I more than most thought. They were tight, and all of their positions in the outfit rose substantially between 2005-2010. Just food for thought.

I find it really interesting that Voldpendesto insituated that Sarno was in talks to be boss as early as 2003. He clearly made A LOT of moves on the street between 1999 and 2003. You also read about how we was invested in a ton of businesses with Vena during that time, so he was a busy guy for sure.
Last edited by Coloboy on Thu Aug 15, 2024 11:23 am, edited 2 times in total.