General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JoelTurner
Full Patched

Re: Carlo Gambino Jr.

Post by JoelTurner »

JogodoBicho wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 3:38 am I was reading the biography of Carlos Gambino on Wikipedia and sew that he had 4 sons. Thomas, Joseph and Phyllis are well-known, but Carlo Gambino Junior I never heard anything about.
Researching in google, I found an article in that said that he lived in Australia. That is correct? 

Article: https://wikitia.com/wiki/Carlo_Gambino_Junior
He did have a son named Carl.

Literally everything else is wrong though. Whoever wrote that must be a nut.

Carl’s still alive, listed as a living on Long Island with a residence in Florida. He owns meat markets and real estate. Never involved in crime from what I can tell.
Ivan
Full Patched

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by Ivan »

Is Fat Mike Sarno the recent Outfit boss related to Big Al Sarno?
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
JogodoBicho
Associate

Re: Carlo Gambino Jr.

Post by JogodoBicho »

JoelTurner wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 8:42 pm
JogodoBicho wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 3:38 am I was reading the biography of Carlos Gambino on Wikipedia and sew that he had 4 sons. Thomas, Joseph and Phyllis are well-known, but Carlo Gambino Junior I never heard anything about.
Researching in google, I found an article in that said that he lived in Australia. That is correct? 

Article: https://wikitia.com/wiki/Carlo_Gambino_Junior
He did have a son named Carl.

Literally everything else is wrong though. Whoever wrote that must be a nut.

Carl’s still alive, listed as a living on Long Island with a residence in Florida. He owns meat markets and real estate. Never involved in crime from what I can tell.
Thanks man
DKellerman
Associate

Post by DKellerman »

Anybody have any good resources for getting deeper into the Colombo splits? Feel like theres lots of misinformation on the Gallo war and the second conflict with Joe Colombo. Books? Online content? I dont have access to the FBI files yet.. working on posting more!
DKellerman
Associate

Post by DKellerman »

Im looking for books to read about the Westside, primarily Greenwich Village stuff. Anybody have any good recommendations?
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

DKellerman wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 3:37 pm Im looking for books to read about the Westside, primarily Greenwich Village stuff. Anybody have any good recommendations?
Search some threads in the Book section of the forum.

viewforum.php?f=35
Etna
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Etna »

Not sure if this is Mafia related. Can any of the historians give me an understanding of the "Padrone system"? Did this have some link to OC?
Harrism
Prospect

Post by Harrism »

Are there any Sicilian towns with a lot of maffia related activities out of which we do not see or see relatively few american made members?
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Ivan wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 10:51 pm Is Fat Mike Sarno the recent Outfit boss related to Big Al Sarno?
No relation.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Harrism wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 12:36 pm Are there any Sicilian towns with a lot of maffia related activities out of which we do not see or see relatively few american made members?
Probably the borgate in provinces outside Palermo, Trapani and Agrigento.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Favara is one that has always surprised me. It was a hotbed of organized mafia activity in the 1880s but there were few if any known American mafiosi from there even though Agrigento province as a whole produced a massive amount of members.
Proletarian187
Straightened out

Post by Proletarian187 »

How about Catania? Lots of Mafia activity to this day but not a lot of american mobsters come to mind.

Ragusa, Syrakusa, Messina have plenty of well known mafia members in America but Catania less so, right? Less immigration due to being the biggest city/economic hub in eastern Sicily maybe?
Carbine genius
Proletarian187
Straightened out

Post by Proletarian187 »

Proletarian187 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 5:18 am How about Catania? Lots of Mafia activity to this day but not a lot of american mobsters come to mind.

Ragusa, Syrakusa, Messina have plenty of well known mafia members in America but Catania less so, right? Less immigration due to being the biggest city/economic hub in eastern Sicily maybe?
Correcting myself:
The Zappola family of Genovese/Lucchese fame were from Catania..
Funny what you come across when going down a Rabbit hole.
Carbine genius
Brovelli
Straightened out

Post by Brovelli »

This has probably come up a million times but what would you name as some of the main rackets/businesses the mob still has strong influence in. Main ones that come to my mind are below, am I missing any?:
Pizza/Italian restaurants
Construction/property
Garbage
Loansharking
Gambling (clinging on as online gets stronger)
Bontade
Straightened out

Post by Bontade »

Why was Roger Touhy killed? He didn't pose any danger to the Outfit, or am I mistaken?