Buddy Luongo was never the boss. Tony Ducks ordered his death

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Buddy Luongo was never the boss. Tony Ducks ordered his death

Post by Little_Al1991 »

I constantly have read that Luongo was the boss and that Vic and Gas performed a sneak hit on him but this clearly is not true. Recently, I came across some documents which clearly prove that.

D’Arco’s book also states that he met Vic and Gas in October of 1986. He identified Vic as the boss during that time. In November of 1986, Luongo disappeared. Corallo gave the okay to hit him
IMG_1821.jpeg
IMG_1820.jpeg
IMG_1822.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Re: Buddy Luongo was never the boss. Tony Ducks ordered his death

Post by chin_gigante »

Yep, backed up also in the Philip Carlo book about Casso. Stated clearly in there too that Corallo gave the order to kill Luongo at the same time that he appointed Amuso boss.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

chin_gigante wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 3:31 am Yep, backed up also in the Philip Carlo book about Casso. Stated clearly in there too that Corallo gave the order to kill Luongo at the same time that he appointed Amuso boss.
Casso’s book is not exactly reliable but fortunately for us, it is not the only source that we have to rely on

In his book he claims that Corallo wanted Casso as the boss but Casso is the one who gave up Amuso’s whereabouts on the day he was arreste because Casso wanted to become the boss
jmack
Straightened out

Post by jmack »

chin_gigante wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 3:31 am Yep, backed up also in the Philip Carlo book about Casso. Stated clearly in there too that Corallo gave the order to kill Luongo at the same time that he appointed Amuso boss.
Did he give the order or the approval? I have always thought that Luongo was never boss but was strongly considered for the job. Once Vic and Gas were chosen, my assumption was they asked for approval to take him out so he didn’t make a power play for the family.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Wasn't buddy Christy Tics boy? Corallo had him clipped as they were making a move.

I also think its HIGHLY relevant that Chin not only never made a move but respected Amuso vs trying to have Gotti clipped for whacking a boss. The answer is right there
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 8:45 am Wasn't buddy Christy Tics boy? Corallo had him clipped as they were making a move.
Luongo was a Bronx guy aligned with Santoro
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
jmack
Straightened out

Post by jmack »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 8:45 am Wasn't buddy Christy Tics boy? Corallo had him clipped as they were making a move.

I also think its HIGHLY relevant that Chin not only never made a move but respected Amuso vs trying to have Gotti clipped for whacking a boss. The answer is right there
Vic and Casso came up under Christy Tic, I believe.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

jmack wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 8:57 am

Vic and Casso came up under Christy Tic, I believe.
Yes, Gas was Christy Ticks right arm and Vic was right there with him just like Buddy was for Tom Mix.

The whole 'mythical figure' comment is so on point, people would talk about him like he was Mickey Mantle or Babe Ruth. In a way people never spoke of guys like Corallo or Persico or any of the top guys around that time and I have no idea why or what it was about him that inspired such reverence and awe.
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

Furnari was with Vic and Gas but interestingly enough, Furnari was close with Michael Salerno who was a powerful Capo within the Bronx. Vic and Gas ordered his death in 1990. His nephew, Skinny Frank Salerno is currently a Capo

That’s a great point Sonny. I don’t know as to why that was not given any thought by others who believed that Luongo was the boss and then killed
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Little_Al1991 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 9:17 am That’s a great point Sonny. I don’t know as to why that was not given any thought by others who believed that Luongo was the boss and then killed
It was given thought and was brought up possibly by Sonny or others in previous discussions on this very topic. If the board search function wasn't a disaster I'd post a link.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

chin_gigante wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 8:55 am
Luongo was a Bronx guy aligned with Santoro
Appreciate the correction (all).

It would make sense that
a) Corallo ordered it in response to Santoro
or
b) Vic was the boss and ordered it himself for whatever reason.

What makes zero sense is Chin not giving a F, if Buddy was the boss, but then trying to have Gotti clipped for literally the exact same thing.

Lets hope Vic flips and clears this up for us. :D
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

IMO it was orderd by tony ducks. he had some falling out with tommy mix when or after there indicted in the commission case. christy tick also strongly advised ducks to select amuso and casso. interesting. amuso and casso killed tommy mix nephew in california. in 1990. that was crazy to chase him and still send shooters to cali. guy misr have been a threat in there eyes
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

Pmac2 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 3:53 pm IMO it was orderd by tony ducks. he had some falling out with tommy mix when or after there indicted in the commission case. christy tick also strongly advised ducks to select amuso and casso. interesting. amuso and casso killed tommy mix nephew in california. in 1990. that was crazy to chase him and still send shooters to cali. guy misr have been a threat in there eyes
Santoro’s nephew was Anthony DiLapi who was killed because he refused to come in when called
As per the documents, it seems as if Corallo ordered it or at the very least had some sort of knowledge about Luongo’s downfall
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

refused to come in. the guy ran away to cali and they still wanted to kill him. thats so crazy and vengefull. other familys even chin must have been impressed with that hit. i think amuso and casso were already indicted and running from the windows rico case. how much of a threat to vic an gas was the guy?
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 8:45 am I also think its HIGHLY relevant that Chin not only never made a move but respected Amuso vs trying to have Gotti clipped for whacking a boss. The answer is right there
I can't believe I never thought of this. This is the best point/post you've ever made dude, hats off. 8-)
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID