who do you think

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Brovelli
Straightened out

Re: who do you think

Post by Brovelli »

Nice, from my perspective having no idea about this is a pretty cool/interesting thing to find out lol.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

People are generally dismissive of the Sclafani stuff, in part because Gravano said it was a grudge by Sclafani and he was lying to set DeCicco up, but along with what I said about Sclafani having nearly ten years of reliable intel from LE, he would have known he was putting himself in a dangerous position by even suggesting it. As Pennisi and others have said, if you accuse someone of informing you must have paperwork to support it. We don't know what the paperwork said but Sclafani did reportedly have some kind of evidence. What exactly did it say? Not sure.

And for context, along with being a made member Sclafani was a cousin of the Corraos and had been very close to Neil Dellacroce, with a reputation as a menacing guy capable of violence. Definitely a well-schooled veteran of the life so he had to have known that accusing a captain was a dangerous move especially given DeCicco's popularity with both the Castellano and Dellacroce factions.
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

B. wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 3:37 pm People are generally dismissive of the Sclafani stuff, in part because Gravano said it was a grudge by Sclafani and he was lying to set DeCicco up, but along with what I said about Sclafani having nearly ten years of reliable intel from LE, he would have known he was putting himself in a dangerous position by even suggesting it. As Pennisi and others have said, if you accuse someone of informing you must have paperwork to support it. We don't know what the paperwork said but Sclafani did reportedly have some kind of evidence. What exactly did it say? Not sure.

And for context, along with being a made member Sclafani was a cousin of the Corraos and had been very close to Neil Dellacroce, with a reputation as a menacing guy capable of violence. Definitely a well-schooled veteran of the life so he had to have known that accusing a captain was a dangerous move especially given DeCicco's popularity with both the Castellano and Dellacroce factions.
Sclafani's mother in law was a clerk at the US District Court, Southern Division...her info was golden up until it pointed the finger at Frankie DeCicco...in my opinion, he was an informant for that reason alone...
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Big Paul read the paperwork and I'm sure his lawyers did. He gave frank decided a pass and kept him pretty close so I'm leaning towards Frank's paperwork was fake. It also flushed out scalafani mother inlaw. She got busted for that paperwork. They might have been tickling the wire and used frank decicco as bait. He held it against scalafani after Paul died n got him wacked. Probably better not have got involved with his mother inlaw. He also tipped carmine persico he was gonna be arrested in 84 85 for the colombo Rico case against them n langella scopo ect
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

The DeCicco paperwork had nothing to do with Mildred Russo and Sclafani getting busted. LE wouldn't release fake papers putting DeCicco's life at risk and we have no idea what Sclafani's documents actually said or what became of them. They had plenty of other evidence, including recordings from Castellano's house of him discussing other info she provided and how the Gambino Family obtained it.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

The Greek wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 3:24 pm this is old news and has been beaten to death on the mob message boards for 20 years. B laid it out perfectly
I've somehow never heard it before today and I've been a mushroom growing on the boards, active pretty much every day of my life, since 1999. :lol:

No idea how I missed this. So they clipped Sclafani over it, eh? Wild.

The FBI agent meeting with Gallo was Andris "Andy" Kurins, I believe. There's a ton of passages in the Boss of Bosses book where purported dialogue from meetups between him and Gallo are transcribed but since he and O'Brien completely fabricated the bugging scene I'm somewhat skeptical of them and many other things in the book (that thing where the author keeps going on about how "inbred" everyone is also got on my nerves after a while).
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

I'd have to re-read what they said about it in the book but having seen the original FBI reports between the SA and Gallo, I was surprised how open Gallo was in the interviews and Gallo did share general gossip about the Gambino Family although it was nothing incriminating and he eventually clammed up. This went on for a little while though and it seems like Gallo naively thought they were just chatting as friends which is funny.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

So.how did the old lady get busted?? I'm guessing Paul would have shown the paper work to his army of lawyers
The Greek
Straightened out

Post by The Greek »

Ivan wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 7:54 pm
The Greek wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 3:24 pm this is old news and has been beaten to death on the mob message boards for 20 years. B laid it out perfectly
I've somehow never heard it before today and I've been a mushroom growing on the boards, active pretty much every day of my life, since 1999. :lol:

The FBI agent meeting with Gallo was Andris "Andy" Kurins, I believe. There's a ton of passages in the Boss of Bosses book where purported dialogue from meetups between him and Gallo are transcribed but since he and O'Brien completely fabricated the bugging scene I'm somewhat skeptical of them and many other things in the book (that thing where the author keeps going on about how "inbred" everyone is also got on my nerves after a while).
Didn't mean to come off in a bad way!
NothingNew44
Straightened out

Post by NothingNew44 »

We’ve talked about this over the years. As B stated DeCicco seems like the informant. The more information has come out over the years it seems nearly every Family had guys talking that on the surface you’d never suspect.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Pmac2 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 8:20 pm So.how did the old lady get busted?? I'm guessing Paul would have shown the paper work to his army of lawyers
Like I said, they had recordings from the Castellano bug of him discussing the arrangement, particularly as it related to the Persicos, and I believe they also set her up to catch her in the act, among other evidence.

There is no info suggesting the alleged DeCicco paperwork had anything to do with the actual case against Russo and Sclafani or that this specific paperwork ever surfaced beyond the story of Sclafani reporting it to the Family.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

The Greek wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 8:34 pm
Ivan wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 7:54 pm

Didn't mean to come off in a bad way!
Oh no not at all haha, I jut thought it was funny that I'd never seen something this big but apparently you all have given that I basically live on the boards lol.

I believe there's a picture of the old lady in the Boss of Bosses book BTW.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Russell

Post by Russell »

Carmine lambordozzi? Just a wild guess
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

boss of bosses was one of the first mob books I read it was so good. then later on I found out the agent took liberal freedoms with the book it kind of ruined it for me. murder machine and blood and oath top tier. or whatever the nicky crow book was called