who do you think

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

CornerBoy
Full Patched

who do you think

Post by CornerBoy »

gave up the commission mtg in that bullshit book by kurins and obrian who claim thy planted bug at pc's house.

logic would dictate that a special unit from qantico or something wouldve been asked to do it as so much was riding on that
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
Ivan
Full Patched

Re: who do you think

Post by Ivan »

CornerBoy wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 5:30 pm logic would dictate that a special unit from qantico or something wouldve been asked to do it as so much was riding on that
You might think that, but according to Jules Bonavolonta it was just an FBI tech pretending to be a guy fixing the TV reception. Guy installed the bug while Bilotti watched.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
jmack
Straightened out

Post by jmack »

CornerBoy wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 5:30 pm gave up the commission mtg in that bullshit book by kurins and obrian who claim thy planted bug at pc's house.

logic would dictate that a special unit from qantico or something wouldve been asked to do it as so much was riding on that
If you’re talking about the 84 meeting, I’ve always wondered that myself.
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

jmack wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:31 pm
CornerBoy wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 5:30 pm gave up the commission mtg in that bullshit book by kurins and obrian who claim thy planted bug at pc's house.

Scarpa didn't give up the '84 meet?
jmack
Straightened out

Post by jmack »

Browniety86 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 5:23 am

I could be wrong, but I don’t think it was him. The tip came through Special Agent Joe O’Brien who was with Gambino unit. I don’t think it’s ever been confirmed who the informant was.
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

jmack wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 6:23 am

I could be wrong, but I don’t think it was him. The tip came through Special Agent Joe O’Brien who was with Gambino unit. I don’t think it’s ever been confirmed who the informant was.
I was just thinking I watched a documentary that DelVecchio said Greg gave them the meeting...Another guess is the high level Gambino informant at the time who has never been named...
jmack
Straightened out

Post by jmack »

Browniety86 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 7:58 am
jmack wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 6:23 am

I was just thinking I watched a documentary that DelVecchio said Greg gave them the meeting...Another guess is the high level Gambino informant at the time who has never been named...
The Gambino informant would be my guess. Who knows 🤷‍♂️
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

wonder who the gambino informant was?
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

The strongest candidate is Frank DeCicco. Very few people were in a position to know the exact time, date, location, and nature of the meeting and the informant knew all this well in advance and accurately communicated it to LE. The other attendees outside the Gambino admin and DeCicco likely didn't know the exact location as they were told to meet DeCicco at another location and he drove them there. It was DeCicco who set up the location, planned the logistics, and facilitated everyone else getting there.

Gus Sclafani also claimed to have paperwork proving DeCicco was an informant and we know he had a track record for getting valuable LE intel and court documents for close to ten years at that time through his mother-in-law. For a decade he had access to information that was not only legitimate but greatly assisted members of multiple Families. People like Gravano have dismissed Sclafani's claim but he did allegedly have paperwork (a requirement in the life if you accuse someone of informing) and up to that point the paperwork he got was legitimate.

The most likely explanation is it was either DeCicco or someone very close to him. Keep in mind this is a guy who broke the cardinal rule of killing his own boss (who was very good to him) a short time later and there were rumors he went after other members' wives. I wouldn't be surprised if he first tried to take Castellano off the streets through cooperation then settled on murder. Even though the narrative (largely because of Gravano) is that DeCicco was the ultimate man's man, he was as treacherous as they come and had no problem breaking the rules of the life -- that's a fact. I'm not saying it's a fact he cooperated and snitched out the Commission meeting, but it does all come back to him and the informant was a Gambino affiliate with access to the highest levels of the Family.

Even if DeCicco or someone from the admin told another Gambino affiliate about the meeting, what are the chances they would tell them the exact address, time, and date, and then that informant would accurately recall those details? Why would they even tell them those details to begin with for a highly-secretive "need to know" meeting between leaders of the NYC Families? Greg Scarpa didn't know these fucking details haha, he's just become a "catch all" source people can blame for anything.
Brovelli
Straightened out

Post by Brovelli »

Unless you have heard otherwise through Michael, I have never heard anyone say anything negative or against frank decicco so this is a crazy but interesting claim. Your knowledge is excellent B so I can’t make any judgements you’re way more informed. But that is crazy if true
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

Brovelli wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 2:00 pm Unless you have heard otherwise through Michael, I have never heard anyone say anything negative or against frank decicco so this is a crazy but interesting claim. Your knowledge is excellent B so I can’t make any judgements you’re way more informed. But that is crazy if true
What do you mean you've never heard that about DeCicco?...it's very well known Sclafani made those claims, it was the reason he (Sclafani) was clipped...
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

What about Joe N. Gallo? Up until the indictment that sent him away he was never arrested and he was a fuckin consigliere for years...
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Just to be clear, I'm not saying it's true -- just that when you evaluate what actually took place, who was in a position to know those highly specific details, and other rumors of DeCicco's cooperation from a member who had long-time access to LE intel, it points back to DeCicco or someone very close to him.

I don't think DiLeonardo was ever of the opinion DeCicco was an informant or anything except a great guy. These things are weird. I know that neither Michael nor Gravano ever heard that Lombardozzi was an informant either and knew him to be a respected old time member by the 1980s, yet in the 1970s Gambino member Frank Gagliardi was going around Brooklyn telling people not to talk to the Lombardozzi brothers as Carmine and his brother were believed to be informants -- something we know to be 100% true with regard to Carmine. Yet a younger generation of Brooklyn Gambinos never heard anything like this even though they knew Lombardozzi and ran in similar circles.

With Joe N. Gallo, there were many guys who never ran into much if any legal trouble so it's not a good measure of whether a guy informed. Informing isn't a "get out of jail free" card and a number of high-level CIs served prison time during and after cooperation. I don't know where the idea comes from that CIs don't face legal consequences -- even CWs have to serve prison sentences in most cases and being a CW is much closer to a "get out of jail" card. What is interesting about Gallo is I've seen FBI files from the 1980s where he was very friendly with an FBI agent and definitely spoke a little too freely but when he realized what was happening he told the agent he refused to talk to him anymore. I guess Gallo just thought the agent enjoyed getting coffee with him haha. A lot of guys spoke a little too freely with the FBI without cooperating though, even names like Joe Traina and Funzi Tieri. I think the mindset was "I'm not going to insult your intelligence" so they didn't try to deny what they were, they just carefully avoided verging into full-blown cooperation.
Brovelli
Straightened out

Post by Brovelli »

Browniety86 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 2:07 pm
Brovelli wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 2:00 pm Unless you have heard otherwise through Michael, I have never heard anyone say anything negative or against frank decicco so this is a crazy but interesting claim. Your knowledge is excellent B so I can’t make any judgements you’re way more informed. But that is crazy if true
What do you mean you've never heard that about DeCicco?...it's very well known Sclafani made those claims, it was the reason he (Sclafani) was clipped...
I mean I’ve never heard that and today is the first time I became aware
The Greek
Straightened out

Post by The Greek »

this is old news and has been beaten to death on the mob message boards for 20 years. B laid it out perfectly