Gene Gotti/Joihn Carneglia update

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

NYNighthawk
Sergeant Of Arms

Gene Gotti/Joihn Carneglia update

Post by NYNighthawk »

Anyone know if they are still active withe Sicilians? Would the Sicilians even acknowledge the amount of time these two 92) did and respect them for that? Or would they even care and simply write them off as stupid Americans?
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Re: Gene Gotti/Joihn Carneglia update

Post by TommyGambino »

Most of the Sicilians were either born in america or have lived there for 40/50 years. I'm sure Capeci reported a while back Gene is in good standing, they're both on parole until they die pretty much so can't see them being too active
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

NYNighthawk wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 4:52 pm Anyone know if they are still active withe Sicilians? Would the Sicilians even acknowledge the amount of time these two 92) did and respect them for that? Or would they even care and simply write them off as stupid Americans?
I can’t say how active they are or aren’t but as far as them being respected of course they are and Tommy is right about the ‘Sicilians’.
Old Schooled
Associate

Post by Old Schooled »

According to a knowledgeable source, all of the Gotti's have been shelved, including Gene, however im yet to confirm this with another independent source
"You must learn to skim the cream off the top without disturbing the milk"
aray22
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by aray22 »

Old Schooled wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:10 am According to a knowledgeable source, all of the Gotti's have been shelved, including Gene, however im yet to confirm this with another independent source
Scott wrote this yesterday about Gene

"Gotti’s brother, the aging, yet sharp 78-year old Gene Gotti, is also believed to be a sounding board for Mannino, DiMaria and Cefalu in major Gambino clan decisions, per sources."
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Old Schooled wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:10 am According to a knowledgeable source, all of the Gotti's have been shelved, including Gene, however im yet to confirm this with another independent source
Why would Gene be shelved??

Would need to have serious serious reason to shelve a guy who just walked out of a 35yr bid.

Can't see it.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 2:10 pm
Why would Gene be shelved??

Would need to have serious serious reason to shelve a guy who just walked out of a 35yr bid.

Can't see it.
I agree it would need to be somewhat serious. You're telling me Gene Gotti can't go and play cards over in Queens with his old friends? That seems unlikely. Plenty of Gotti's old associates are still around.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

One thing I'm not clear on is whether these two are on parole restrictions. I thought they maxed out their sentences, not parole, and therefore aren't under anything? (Sorry if this is dumb but I'm not super familiar with how this stuff works for guys who get released.)
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Ivan wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 3:44 pm One thing I'm not clear on is whether these two are on parole restrictions. I thought they maxed out their sentences, not parole, and therefore aren't under anything? (Sorry if this is dumb but I'm not super familiar with how this stuff works for guys who get released.)
Often, in federal cases, it's built into the sentence: X amount of years plus three years post-prison supervised release.

jmack
Straightened out

Post by jmack »

gohnjotti wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 4:08 pm
Ivan wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 3:44 pm One thing I'm not clear on is whether these two are on parole restrictions. I thought they maxed out their sentences, not parole, and therefore aren't under anything? (Sorry if this is dumb but I'm not super familiar with how this stuff works for guys who get released.)
Often, in federal cases, it's built into the sentence: X amount of years plus three years post-prison supervised release.
You’d know better than me, but I don’t think they used to have supervised release. I know he was sentenced in the 80’s so I have no idea.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

They both still have like 14 years on parole, it's crazy
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

jmack wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 4:46 pm
gohnjotti wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 4:08 pm
You’d know better than me, but I don’t think they used to have supervised release. I know he was sentenced in the 80’s so I have no idea.
You might be right, in recent releases posted on FBI it usually mentions three-years super-vised release.

SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

My understanding is if you get 50yrs like Gene, if you're released after 35 the remaining 15 is parole ie you fuck up you go back in and finish the 50?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
jmack
Straightened out

Post by jmack »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:25 am My understanding is if you get 50yrs like Gene, if you're released after 35 the remaining 15 is parole ie you fuck up you go back in and finish the 50?
You might be right, I’m just not sure. I know the rules have changed a time or two over the years.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

i thought gene refused to go infront of a parole board and wrapped up his time??? some of the scarfo guys like narducci and a few got like 30 40 yrs and i believe were hanging around like that guy faffy. what happened to there paroles. could it be different because genes was drugs idk lifetime probation they used to do