"They all used to be under Mike. Vito made them caporegimes."

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JoelTurner
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: "They all used to be under Mike. Vito made them caporegimes."

Post by JoelTurner »

PolackTony wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:10 am Another thing to note is that Antonio Appierto was from Marigliano, the hometown of Boiardo as well (Bill Feather mistakenly had Appierto as being from the neighboring comune of Acerra, but confused him with another guy who immigrated to Chicago). Appierto was connected to Del Duca, and in Newark their respective paesani Boiardo and Mazzochi were connected to each other. Of course, Marigliano was also closely tied to Vito Genovese’s hometown of Roccarainola, both being in the Nola district of Terra di Lavoro/Caserta.
Appierto also lived in Newark early on. His daughter Carmela "Millie" was born there on Jan 13 1913. However, he was in NYC by the birth of his second daughter Teresa on Nov 18 1915.

There was an Antonio Appierto who bought land at Lake & Honiss in Belleville, NJ in Jul 1914, but IDK if it's the same guy.
AG777
Full Patched

Post by AG777 »

quadtree wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:49 pm Alo himself could have started with Adonis, it is interesting to know where he lived until the 1950s. But his crew is similar to part of Rocco Pellegrino’s crew. Nicholas Rattenni was Pellegrino's "young blood" in 1927. Bart Salvo was also with Pellegrino in the 1920s. Brothers Milo and Bernava were also originally with Pellegrino. Salvo, Milo and Bernava would be named in Valachi's book Real Thing as members of Alo's crew during the reign of Vito Genovese. Apparently, Alo received part of Pellegrino's crew, and these were the same members who were based in Westchester and the Bronx, which refutes the idea that the Adonis crew was based in Westchester and the Bronx. How do we know that Alo inherited Adonis' crew? Just from the Valachi chart from the FBI? As we know, the FBI has made many mistakes, so more facts are needed.

Who was in the original crew of Adonis is also an interesting question. There are reports that Joe Lanza was under the leadership of Adonis, and subsequently he seems to have ended up on Miranda's crew. It is curious that his brother Nunzio is considered Carfano's successor. Two brothers in different crews, or both started under Adonis? Gaetano Ricci is described as a former captain; his being under Alo may be explained by the fact that both lived near each other in Florida. Also Ricci is described as Adonis' lieutenant, but Moretti was also called Adonis' lieutenant, I read somewhere that the police called the entire Lucania family the "Adonis Gang", he was considered a more powerful figure than he actually was. Francesco Bonadio is described as Doto's cousin and went to live from New York to New Jersey, presumably because Doto had moved there. Does anyone know any other people who were associated with Adonis? How do we know that Alo started with him?

If the source of Alo replacing Doto is only the Valachi diagram, then this is weak evidence. There are many errors in the same diagram. But if Alo really started with Adonis, I would not rule out that those same Ricci and Iandosco are the same crew of Adonis, it could be very small. If Ricci was with Adonis, but it is described that Ricci himself was a capodecina, maybe Ricci acted for Adonis?

I believe Paul Bonadio was managing the Auto Conveying company near Edgewater, NJ for Joe Adonis. HK and I were looking into whether or not they were cousins. It appears they are and Bonadio lived either in Cliffside Park or Fort Lee.

Great thread!
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Good to see you're still kicking, AG.
JoelTurner
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JoelTurner »

AG777 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 6:08 pm I believe Paul Bonadio was managing the Auto Conveying company near Edgewater, NJ for Joe Adonis. HK and I were looking into whether or not they were cousins. It appears they are and Bonadio lived either in Cliffside Park or Fort Lee.

Great thread!
I’m pretty sure he was a Gambino member

Bonadio was partnered with Gambino underboss Salvatore “Charles” Chiri in the Auto Conveying co. He moved to Cliffside Park, NJ in ~1937 from NYC.

I don't know if they were cousins. Bonadio, Chiri, Willie Moretti, Paul Palmeri, Joe Adonis, and Albert Anastasia all lived in Bergen County, NJ and mixed with each other.
AG777
Full Patched

Post by AG777 »

B. wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 6:36 pm Good to see you're still kicking, AG.
:lol: Yes. Been quite some time.

Congrats on your success with the podcast and all your contributions here to make this site like no other.
AG777
Full Patched

Post by AG777 »

JoelTurner wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 8:32 pm
AG777 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 6:08 pm I believe Paul Bonadio was managing the Auto Conveying company near Edgewater, NJ for Joe Adonis. HK and I were looking into whether or not they were cousins. It appears they are and Bonadio lived either in Cliffside Park or Fort Lee.

Great thread!
I’m pretty sure he was a Gambino member

Bonadio was partnered with Gambino underboss Salvatore “Charles” Chiri in the Auto Conveying co. He moved to Cliffside Park, NJ in ~1937 from NYC.

I don't know if they were cousins. Bonadio, Chiri, Willie Moretti, Paul Palmeri, Joe Adonis, and Albert Anastasia all lived in Bergen County, NJ and mixed with each other.

Interesting info. It appears so. I did some digging just now and saw that Paul’s father, Nicholas Bonadio, was with the Teamsters which is listed as his occupation on his petition for naturalization. He also states that he comes from Potenza, Italy. Adonis is from the Province of Avellino. So, you may be right that they are not related. More digging is needed for that. It seems like Bonadio’s affiliation as a teamster and living in Brooklyn is more relevant. His sons and grandsons are pretty much the same age too as Adonis and the others and must have come up together.

There was talk that maybe Adonis and some others were part of the Mangano family early on and switched to the Luciano/Genovese family. Can anyone confirm this? All of those men you mentioned were in Cliffside Park and Fort Lee running things. They were a part of that Italian neighborhood which was made up mostly of Napolitanos and Calabrese.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Theres a blast from the past. Hows it going?
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
AG777
Full Patched

Post by AG777 »

Cheech wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 6:21 am Theres a blast from the past. Hows it going?

As good as one can be in this crazy world we are living in. :lol:

Can’t wait to find out what all of you thought about when Frank Cali was killed. Yes, it’s been that long. I am sure you have a thread on here about it. Hope all is well.
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

Any good sources to find information out about the Genovese Family during the 1960s? This thread is quite interesting
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Little_Al1991 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 1:07 pm Any good sources to find information out about the Genovese Family during the 1960s? This thread is quite interesting
If the search isn't dicked up, basically anything with a relevant subject started by Angelo, B, Hairy Knuckles, Chin, and a couple others I may be forgetting. You will get good information and discussion about the Genovese and that time period from any of their posts.
InCamelot
Straightened out

Post by InCamelot »

Snakes wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 5:55 am
Little_Al1991 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 1:07 pm Any good sources to find information out about the Genovese Family during the 1960s? This thread is quite interesting
If the search isn't dicked up, basically anything with a relevant subject started by Angelo, B, Hairy Knuckles, Chin, and a couple others I may be forgetting. You will get good information and discussion about the Genovese and that time period from any of their posts.
Eboli's articles too.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

What happened to his articles? I was looking for one of them the other day and I couldn't find it.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

JohnnyS wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 7:25 am What happened to his articles? I was looking for one of them the other day and I couldn't find it.
They’re in the Black Hand Articles section.
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

Snakes wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 5:55 am
Is there nothing available on the internet?
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

johnny_scootch wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:41 am
JohnnyS wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 7:25 am What happened to his articles? I was looking for one of them the other day and I couldn't find it.
They’re in the Black Hand Articles section.
How does that become accessible?