General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Snakes
Full Patched

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by Snakes »

Ivan wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 1:30 pm
Snakes wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 6:29 am
Ivan wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 11:54 pm Strange video I found apparently made by writer John Willian Tuohy. These guys are all supposed to be Chicago mobsters but I only recognized a small minority of them. At the beginning he says he has info for these guys and I was going to try to contact him about it but on his social media he says please don't contact him about mob research matters. Weird. Anyway, leaving this here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F55vVLJy7aw

Are these people legit mobsters other than the famous ones who pop up occasionally? They just look like random criminals other than the occasional outfit guy seen here and there.
This is pretty old (sorry, I know you love hearing that). A lot of these guys are connected but I suspect many of them weren't. I think these were from Chicago PD.
Dammit it even searched for Mr. Tuohy on here before posting, couldn't find anything. Blargh. Thanks Snakes.

In the interest of me not spamming old stuff from years ago, how would I have found something like this on search? This is the only stuff that comes up if you search for John Tuohy: search.php?keywords=John+Tuohy

I also tried searching for the video URL itself as it would presumably be present in any discussions of the video and the search engine practically bit my head off for trying that. (NOT ACCEPTABLE!)

Also if you could point me to where the old discussion of this that would be great.

I swear I'm learning guys, it's going slowly but it's happening. :lol:
To be fair, I remember talking about it somewhere, it just may not have been on the board. Tuohy had the photos themselves on his Facebook page before he made that video, but he took them all down. I remember saving a lot of them sitting on my ass during covid so that gives you a time frame of when he first posted them.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Snakes wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:11 pm To be fair, I remember talking about it somewhere, it just may not have been on the board. Tuohy had the photos themselves on his Facebook page before he made that video, but he took them all down. I remember saving a lot of them sitting on my ass during covid so that gives you a time frame of when he first posted them.
Oh OK my bad, thought you meant that we discussed them extensively on the board before.
Instagram-loving wiseguy of the blood-drenched Boardwalk Syndicate
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Ivan wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:20 pm
Snakes wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:11 pm To be fair, I remember talking about it somewhere, it just may not have been on the board. Tuohy had the photos themselves on his Facebook page before he made that video, but he took them all down. I remember saving a lot of them sitting on my ass during covid so that gives you a time frame of when he first posted them.
Oh OK my bad, thought you meant that we discussed them extensively on the board before.
I'm not sure about extensively, but I posted some of the pics I got off Facebook in the Chicago photo thread
NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Post by NorthBuffalo »

I'm sure this has been posted before but had a specific question - towards the end, they reference a photo that Accardo looks at - its him, Aiuppa and and Gaetano 'Tony Goebbels' Ricci and Anthony Giacalone. I've seen the photo of Goebels and Ricca - but is this larger photo public or posted anywhere?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvB-IscUjHU
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Ivan wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 1:30 pm
Snakes wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 6:29 am
Ivan wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 11:54 pm Strange video I found apparently made by writer John Willian Tuohy. These guys are all supposed to be Chicago mobsters but I only recognized a small minority of them. At the beginning he says he has info for these guys and I was going to try to contact him about it but on his social media he says please don't contact him about mob research matters. Weird. Anyway, leaving this here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F55vVLJy7aw

Are these people legit mobsters other than the famous ones who pop up occasionally? They just look like random criminals other than the occasional outfit guy seen here and there.
This is pretty old (sorry, I know you love hearing that). A lot of these guys are connected but I suspect many of them weren't. I think these were from Chicago PD.
Dammit it even searched for Mr. Tuohy on here before posting, couldn't find anything. Blargh. Thanks Snakes.

In the interest of me not spamming old stuff from years ago, how would I have found something like this on search? This is the only stuff that comes up if you search for John Tuohy: search.php?keywords=John+Tuohy

I also tried searching for the video URL itself as it would presumably be present in any discussions of the video and the search engine practically bit my head off for trying that. (NOT ACCEPTABLE!)

Also if you could point me to where the old discussion of this that would be great.

I swear I'm learning guys, it's going slowly but it's happening. :lol:
In fairness, i think the search function kind of sucks here lol.

Snakes you are correct, i remember discussing this video too.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

funkster wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:43 pm In fairness, i think the search function kind of sucks here lol.
Thanks, you are very kind. :lol:

It's tricky but I'm getting used to it. 8-)
Cosmik_Debris
Associate

Post by Cosmik_Debris »

NorthBuffalo wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:15 pm I'm sure this has been posted before but had a specific question - towards the end, they reference a photo that Accardo looks at - its him, Aiuppa and and Gaetano 'Tony Goebbels' Ricci and Anthony Giacalone. I've seen the photo of Goebels and Ricca - but is this larger photo public or posted anywhere?

It might be this one.
Cosmik_Debris
Associate

Post by Cosmik_Debris »

Cosmik_Debris wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 8:21 am
NorthBuffalo wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:15 pm I'm sure this has been posted before but had a specific question - towards the end, they reference a photo that Accardo looks at - its him, Aiuppa and and Gaetano 'Tony Goebbels' Ricci and Anthony Giacalone. I've seen the photo of Goebels and Ricca - but is this larger photo public or posted anywhere?

It might be this one.
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/6c/2d/24/6c2d ... 4a9c2c.jpg
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Cosmik_Debris wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 8:22 am

It might be this one.
That's a different one (Aiuppa and Accardo -- Cerone was also there but not in that photo).
NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Post by NorthBuffalo »

Snakes wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 8:32 am

It might be this one.
That's a different one (Aiuppa and Accardo -- Cerone was also there but not in that photo).
It's the same meeting in Bimini. I was not aware Tony Goebbels was in attendance previous to watching that YouTube clip of Accardo testifying.

I have to say even at 90, Accardo was fucking with those prosecutors and knew exactly when to be feisty and when to back off and play old man. He is quite an individual.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

NorthBuffalo wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 11:50 am
Snakes wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 8:32 am

It might be this one.
It's the same meeting in Bimini. I was not aware Tony Goebbels was in attendance previous to watching that YouTube clip of Accardo testifying.

I have to say even at 90, Accardo was fucking with those prosecutors and knew exactly when to be feisty and when to back off and play old man. He is quite an individual.
No, you're right -- I got mixed up and thought the photo shown to Accardo was of a different event
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Scott just put up an article on his website saying Albert (Ragtime Al) Rapuano was the Outfit’s top guy in Vegas after the Spilotro’s. Has anyone else heard this? Rapeando was from the East Coast, not Chicago. I knew about him but never heard he was their top guy.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Patrickgold wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 4:38 pm Scott just put up an article on his website saying Albert (Ragtime Al) Rapuano was the Outfit’s top guy in Vegas after the Spilotro’s. Has anyone else heard this? Rapeando was from the East Coast, not Chicago. I knew about him but never heard he was their top guy.
Article says he was born in New Haven and made his way to Chicago in the 1960s, where he became manager of the Palmer House hotel in the Loop.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Ivan wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 9:06 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 4:38 pm Scott just put up an article on his website saying Albert (Ragtime Al) Rapuano was the Outfit’s top guy in Vegas after the Spilotro’s. Has anyone else heard this? Rapeando was from the East Coast, not Chicago. I knew about him but never heard he was their top guy.
Article says he was born in New Haven and made his way to Chicago in the 1960s, where he became manager of the Palmer House hotel in the Loop.
Yeah, that was in Rapuano’s obit (he died in 2022). He was from New Haven (born Albert John Rapuano in 1942) and went to Fordham for business and then the army, after which he moved to Chicago and worked at the Palmer House. He wound up going out to Vegas and became President of the Riviera and one of the top managers of the MGM Grand. So he clearly did have a longer term connection to Chicago predating his time in Vegas. Hotel employees union was also of course super mobbed up back then too, so if he was running a big hotel like the Palmer House in the 60s he likely would have already had some contact with outfit elements at this time.

I don’t recall having ever seen anything stating that he was specifically an affiliate of the Chicago Family in any formal way though. He also wasn’t full Ital (mother’s maiden name was Munz), though I don’t think Scott is trying to say that he was a member.

Wikipedia claims that the manager of Crazy Horse Too, Henry Rapuano — who died in 1983 — was his dad, but I don’t believe that was correct. Albert Rapuano’s dad was Albert Rapuano Sr, who died in 1989 in CT. The Henry Rapuano in Vegas was likely a relative of some sort though, as he was also from CT.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

PolackTony wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 9:20 pm Hotel employees union was also of course super mobbed up back then too, so if he was running a big hotel like the Palmer House in the 60s he likely would have already had some contact with outfit elements at this time.
Oh wow yeah that makes perfect sense. Article doesn't connect the dots in the way you do here, just says while managing the hotel he fell into the Outfit's orbit, but if the union was super mobbed up then that would explain how. Thanks!

Article doesn't make him out to be a made guy or anything, just says that FBI docs and court filings have him in Las Vegas under Chris Petti and in charge of things like picking up where Spilotro left off with outstanding juice loan borrowers. Interestingly, it has Bobby Dominic listed as involved with this.