Joseph Campanella testimony notes - November 15th, 2004

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

CornerBoy
Full Patched

Re: Joseph Campanella testimony notes - November 15th, 2004

Post by CornerBoy »

thanks chin
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

He was out in the public for a bit many years ago promoting a program called "Out of the Life" for ex-wiseguys. I'd be interested in what he's up to now.

I believe the other Families didn't recognize Persico as official boss for a time after the war. DiLeonardo said Allie Persico held a meeting with the Gambinos where he asked them to recognize Carmine as boss and Peter Gotti resisted but DiLeonardo was close to Allie and convinced Gotti to agree.
aray22
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by aray22 »

I cracked up at this line.

"Joe felt that Billy believed whatever was his, was his, and whatever was Joe's, was also Billy's"

Welcome to the life of a mafia soldier and kicking up to your captain lol.
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

B. wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 1:38 pm He was out in the public for a bit many years ago promoting a program called "Out of the Life" for ex-wiseguys. I'd be interested in what he's up to now.

I believe the other Families didn't recognize Persico as official boss for a time after the war. DiLeonardo said Allie Persico held a meeting with the Gambinos where he asked them to recognize Carmine as boss and Peter Gotti resisted but DiLeonardo was close to Allie and convinced Gotti to agree.
Quite a few Colombo turncoats that would be great to hear from
Carmine Sessa is a good example
Yotam
Associate

Post by Yotam »

aray22 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 3:18 pm I cracked up at this line.

"Joe felt that Billy believed whatever was his, was his, and whatever was Joe's, was also Billy's"

Welcome to the life of a mafia soldier and kicking up to your captain lol.
"Welcome to the NFL, rookie."
Teflon Dom
Straightened out

Post by Teflon Dom »

I've always believed that family would have been better off with Wild Bill at the helm.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

But what does Fuggetaboutit believe?

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Teflon Dom wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 5:46 pm I've always believed that family would have been better off with Wild Bill at the helm.
Vic Orena even more so.
aray22
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by aray22 »

Teflon Dom wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 5:46 pm I've always believed that family would have been better off with Wild Bill at the helm.
No doubt.
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

Allie Boy said “He can’t take what’s not his” He was going to take over the family according to the testimony at Allie Boy’s trial
He buried himself. Mikey Scars spoke highly of Allie Boy. He was not a bad choice
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

Did Billy actually make any moves to fuel that paranoia of taking over the family after Allie was caught with the guns?

Why was Jackie DeRoss so adamant about wanting Billy to get clipped? Was he promised the UB position in advance of Bill going?

I really find this topic very interesting...a huge hit in that life post 80s is very interesting to me...Gerry Sciascia is another that comes to mind I find very intriguing...
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

Browniety86 wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 5:58 am Did Billy actually make any moves to fuel that paranoia of taking over the family after Allie was caught with the guns?

Why was Jackie DeRoss so adamant about wanting Billy to get clipped? Was he promised the UB position in advance of Bill going?

I really find this topic very interesting...a huge hit in that life post 80s is very interesting to me...Gerry Sciascia is another that comes to mind I find very intriguing...
DeRoss claimed that Bill was becoming to powerful and would take over the family if Allie Boy went away in the gun charge.
Not sure if he was promised the UB position
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

It seems to me that DeRoss was jealous of Cutolo and he played off Allie Boys fears of another war. Jackie brought Billy into the family and now Billy was the underboss, a huge earner and well liked by everyone whereas Jackie was none of that. Unfortunately he had Allie Boys ear and was able to poison him against Cutolo.

I doubt very much Cutolo would have tried to usurp the family from the Persicos.
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

johnny_scootch wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 6:42 am It seems to me that DeRoss was jealous of Cutolo and he played off Allie Boys fears of another war. Jackie brought Billy into the family and now Billy was the underboss, a huge earner and well liked by everyone whereas Jackie was none of that. Unfortunately he had Allie Boys ear and was able to poison him against Cutolo.

I doubt very much Cutolo would have tried to usurp the family from the Persicos.
I agree...I don't think Bill would have tried to grab the family...Also, I think the Feds were preparing a major RICO against Cutolo at the time of his death, pretty sure I've read or heard that...
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

johnny_scootch wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 6:42 am It seems to me that DeRoss was jealous of Cutolo and he played off Allie Boys fears of another war. Jackie brought Billy into the family and now Billy was the underboss, a huge earner and well liked by everyone whereas Jackie was none of that. Unfortunately he had Allie Boys ear and was able to poison him against Cutolo.

Mikey Scars who also testified at trial, stated that Wild Bill was going to take over
The narrative surrounding his murder is that it was either done out of paranoia or because they just didn’t want to take a chance on him because of Allie Boy’s incarceration.
He was murdered because he was going to take the family over according to DiLeonardo

He buried himself