LE infiltration

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Juice Terry
Associate

Re: LE infiltration

Post by Juice Terry »

Didn't Garcia infiltrate a Cartel as well as LCN?
Tasker
Honorary Member

Post by Tasker »

Garcia has gone undercover in a bunch of FBI operations targeting cartels apparently. Playing some role in the operation. But I’m not aware of anything to the extent of his Gambino operation.

I read about a Colombian cartel sting operation where he played an undercover role towards the end when it was almost time to make the arrests.
AustraliaSteve
Straightened out

Post by AustraliaSteve »

motorfab wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:42 pm I was about to cited you Ménard but antimafia was faster than me.

In Australia, Damian Marrett and Colin McLaren of the Victoria Police infiltrated the local 'ndrangheta during the 90s. They both wrote books about their missions
I was just thinking of this one, Fab. You know, Marrett had actually done some work with buy/busts in Mildura and actually caught Matty Medici out through a guy named Patty Condro.

Also, two SAPOL officers spent a year undercover getting close to Dom the Bomber Perre. Ray and Mike, I think they went by. Their actual name’s haven’t been released.
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

AustraliaSteve wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 12:28 am
motorfab wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:42 pm I was about to cited you Ménard but antimafia was faster than me.

In Australia, Damian Marrett and Colin McLaren of the Victoria Police infiltrated the local 'ndrangheta during the 90s. They both wrote books about their missions
I was just thinking of this one, Fab. You know, Marrett had actually done some work with buy/busts in Mildura and actually caught Matty Medici out through a guy named Patty Condro.

Also, two SAPOL officers spent a year undercover getting close to Dom the Bomber Perre. Ray and Mike, I think they went by. Their actual name’s haven’t been released.
I didn't know this story with Perre, thanks

Funny that you mention it because yesterday I received the book Undercover by Damian Marrett
AustraliaSteve
Straightened out

Post by AustraliaSteve »

Yeah it’s in my article on the NCA Bombing. Sorry, they went by the name’s Jack and Jimmy (Jack was of Māori descent, originally from New Zealand, and Jimmy was from an Irish descent), there was also an Italian-Australian officer involved in the operation that posed as a business man from Melbourne named Vincent Morabito. The operation was run by Detective Sergeant Colin Winchester, fresh on the back of his work on Operation Afghan.
ShotgunTheRifle
Straightened out

Post by ShotgunTheRifle »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:53 pm Two infiltrated Philly in the 2000s and 2010s.

Pogo
Can you point me to a thread where I can read more into either of these? The name from 2000's is slipping my tongue, but the 2010's I don't remember hearing about.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Sorry I don’t recall a specific thread on about it.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.