The Tunis Family

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JoelTurner
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: The Tunis Family

Post by JoelTurner »

motorfab wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:28 am Very late response, but it seems that according to the FBN Sam Maugeri was born December 16, 1897 in Catania and not September 13, 1892 in San Giorgio Morgeto. Was the FBN wrong?
I think we were talking about different people.

LCNBios article on Steve Trifiro mentions a possible SF Member Salvatore Maugeri [1897-1988] of Mascali, Catania

This would match the one you mentioned who was listed in the FBN records. However, the one I found, who led a narcotics ring, passed away in 1961.
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

JoelTurner wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 10:44 am
motorfab wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:28 am Very late response, but it seems that according to the FBN Sam Maugeri was born December 16, 1897 in Catania and not September 13, 1892 in San Giorgio Morgeto. Was the FBN wrong?

LCNBios article on Steve Trifiro mentions a possible SF Member Salvatore Maugeri [1897-1988] of Mascali, Catania

This would match the one you mentioned who was listed in the FBN records. However, the one I found, who led a narcotics ring, passed away in 1961.
Yes I read the article earlier today, indeed it confirms that these are two different Salvatore Maugeris. But I didn't know the Calabrian at all, I would have to do more research on him.

Did you make a thread about him somewhere?
JoelTurner
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JoelTurner »

motorfab wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 1:14 pm
JoelTurner wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 10:44 am

Yes I read the article earlier today, indeed it confirms that these are two different Salvatore Maugeris. But I didn't know the Calabrian at all, I would have to do more research on him.

Did you make a thread about him somewhere?
I mentioned him on the thread about Lucky Luciano figuring out rats but other than that I’ve never seen much on him