Black Hand Forum 10th Anniversary

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

salvine
Prospect

Re: Black Hand Forum 10th Anniversary

Post by salvine »

There probably aren't many people on this website who remember my dad, who posted under the same moniker as I am now. When he began suffering under multiple diseases including Parkinsons, diabetes and Alzheimer's, i tried to keep him company over the last decade of his life and helped him long into this website as something he enjoyed during his retirement. He died two weeks ago. I don't feel obliged to give his name or job title because he apparently never did, but he was a senior DOJ/FBI official who assisted in the prosecution of over 200 cases. He also co-drafted several DOJ and White House strategies on transnational organized crime, including the 2011 White House Strategy (with help). Thanks dad, and that's all for me.
Mikeymike12
Straightened out

Post by Mikeymike12 »

10 years now .....Wow time is flying . Real deal ended in 2016?
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Is this thing being archived anywhere just in case something happens to it?
Instagram-loving wiseguy of the blood-drenched Boardwalk Syndicate
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

salvine wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 7:36 pm There probably aren't many people on this website who remember my dad, who posted under the same moniker as I am now. When he began suffering under multiple diseases including Parkinsons, diabetes and Alzheimer's, i tried to keep him company over the last decade of his life and helped him long into this website as something he enjoyed during his retirement. He died two weeks ago. I don't feel obliged to give his name or job title because he apparently never did, but he was a senior DOJ/FBI official who assisted in the prosecution of over 200 cases. He also co-drafted several DOJ and White House strategies on transnational organized crime, including the 2011 White House Strategy (with help). Thanks dad, and that's all for me.
I'm sorry to hear that. I absolutely remember him. He was one of my favorite posters. Whether it was doing the lead draft on the 2000 International Crime Threat Assessment or Matty Ianniello being their second biggest target in the 1970s after Frank Tieri, he had unique insights from his profession most wouldn't have.
All roads lead to New York.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Mikeymike12 wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 9:40 pm 10 years now .....Wow time is flying . Real deal ended in 2016?
It’s 12 years, I made a mistake. Real deal went down in 2012.

Salvine, may your father rest in peace.
OmarSantista
Straightened out

Post by OmarSantista »

I would’ve joined by 2020 but didn’t realize sol accepted me until 2022. I started truly delving into the subject 2018, a year after high school grad. Im just thankful that this exists, as I have no close friends to talk about this subject with in detail. Are there other prominent active forums not websites about the so called honored societies? I’d doubt it but just checking. And a happy anniversary to the BHF!
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Wiseguy wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 11:18 pm
salvine wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 7:36 pm There probably aren't many people on this website who remember my dad, who posted under the same moniker as I am now. When he began suffering under multiple diseases including Parkinsons, diabetes and Alzheimer's, i tried to keep him company over the last decade of his life and helped him long into this website as something he enjoyed during his retirement. He died two weeks ago. I don't feel obliged to give his name or job title because he apparently never did, but he was a senior DOJ/FBI official who assisted in the prosecution of over 200 cases. He also co-drafted several DOJ and White House strategies on transnational organized crime, including the 2011 White House Strategy (with help). Thanks dad, and that's all for me.
I'm sorry to hear that. I absolutely remember him. He was one of my favorite posters. Whether it was doing the lead draft on the 2000 International Crime Threat Assessment or Matty Ianniello being their second biggest target in the 1970s after Frank Tieri, he had unique insights from his profession most wouldn't have.
Salvine's son,

Like my fellow poster Wiseguy, I too am sorry to learn of your father's passing. A number of posters on this current forum do remember him and his posts on the forum from whence we came to this one.

I saved a couple of your father's posts over the years:

saved Friday, Jan 6, 2012, 1:13 PM at https://www.evernote.com/shard/s229/sh/ ... PDQDeFsp_g

The post below was in a topic titled "Toronto Police-Protection Racket and the Mob - 2 Years Later"

saved Thursday, Jul 26, 2012, 11:37 AM at https://www.evernote.com/shard/s229/sh/ ... yDZpHMgC3Q
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Great post anti
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

Your dad was a very nice man. I always enjoyed reading his posts going back to '05? Very sorry for your loss, Salvine Jr.
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
Tasker
Honorary Member

Post by Tasker »

Thanks to all who have kept this going for so long. I just joined this year, but I should have signed up a long time ago.

What was the biggest event to play out in real time on the forum since it started? Frank Cali I’m guessing?
ng
On Record

Post by ng »

I lost my dad recently as well, I've been reading these forums for a long time and I can say your dad genuinely had a ton to contribute. We're all sorry for your loss. It does get easier my friend. I miss my father every day but I know death isn't enough to separate us entirely.