Peter Lovaglio Interview

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

The Greek
Straightened out

Re: Peter Lovaglio Interview

Post by The Greek »

AntComello wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 10:17 am
Pmac2 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 5:40 am IMO the whole narrative theres more CIs in the family is always a spin by the rats. Theres been CIs since the beginning of time. You dont comiit crimes with every member or associate or your family and shouldnt talk about it. You wont get arrested. There just making excuses why you wouldnt want to be in the mafia anymore but deep down you know they all wish they just never flipped i think
Couldn’t agree more
At one point there were more CIs in the San Jose Family than there were non cooperating members
moneyman
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by moneyman »

Wish they would go into more detail about Joe Bosch
AustraliaSteve
Straightened out

Post by AustraliaSteve »

I’m conflicted on Nadu. He started off as a mob groupie who would condemn rats and the government. Then he actually started interviewing informants and admitted he couldn’t speak for other people’s experiences, which showed growth.

But then he started getting kind of obnoxious about how much of an expert he was. He does score some good interviews, but I swear he has a burner account here, because all of his content is stuff that has been posted here or on Scarpo’s site. I don’t see the guy poring through primary sources, court transcripts and state/national archives. I could be wrong, but most of his stuff is surface level with a few deep cuts here or there.

He’s also incredibly thin-skinned with his comment section. But I’ll readily admit, he’s put in some work with the podcast.
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

I enjoyed the inteview and he came off better than I expected. More humble
NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Post by NorthBuffalo »

I like that Nadu starts his interviews asking how these guys got involved in the mob and what their upbringings were like - the path these guys take to get into that life is always interesting to hear. I wish he would have asked Lovaglio more about the Basciano years and what VInny's reputation was within the family to this day - the Bonnanos went from Massino to Basciano - one became a rat and his predecessor stood tall even when threatened with ADMAX - you wonder if Basciano served as an inspiration or helped the Bonnanos restore some credibility with other families.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

NorthBuffalo wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 12:28 pm I wish he would have asked Lovaglio more about the Basciano years and what VInny's reputation was within the family to this day - the Bonnanos went from Massino to Basciano - one became a rat and his predecessor stood tall even when threatened with ADMAX - you wonder if Basciano served as an inspiration or helped the Bonnanos restore some credibility with other families.
Lovaglio was in prison from I think as early as 2001 until 2011. So he wasn't on the street during the Basciano years.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Post by NorthBuffalo »

chin_gigante wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 2:59 pm
NorthBuffalo wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 12:28 pm I wish he would have asked Lovaglio more about the Basciano years and what VInny's reputation was within the family to this day - the Bonnanos went from Massino to Basciano - one became a rat and his predecessor stood tall even when threatened with ADMAX - you wonder if Basciano served as an inspiration or helped the Bonnanos restore some credibility with other families.
Lovaglio was in prison from I think as early as 2001 until 2011. So he wasn't on the street during the Basciano years.
Thanks for clarifying - I was more alluding to him speaking on whether or not Basciano kind of reset the Bonnanos reputation a bit after having a high-profile boss flip like that. I've read extensively that they were shunned by the other families after Donnie Brasco and would have thought the same after Massino flipped - I just wonder whether Basciano standing tall kind of improved the reputation of his borgata on the street.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Im about 15min into. Not bad its worth a listen. He doesnt seem like a scumbag toughest guy ever type yet.... will continue tomorrow. He holds joe c jr in high esteem. And im pretty sure hes the guy who put him on the shelf so thats a good start...
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

He said he's had terminal cancer for the past ten years, that was part of his decision for cooperating. Why was this never brought up at his sentencing, or by any of the numerous sources who provided Jerry Capeci with information? Credit to Ed Scarpo for reporting back in 2019 that "sources said" Lovaglio had terminal throat cancer and that may have played a role into his cooperation. https://www.cosanostranews.com/2019/03/ ... eturn.html
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

he shouldve just flipped in '01
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Not bad. Nadu should have had some better questions ready for the interview. Guy gets made in 99 taken off the street in 2001 should have had some questions about those years. Not bad but could have been better.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

gohnjotti wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:33 pm He said he's had terminal cancer for the past ten years, that was part of his decision for cooperating. Why was this never brought up at his sentencing, or by any of the numerous sources who provided Jerry Capeci with information? Credit to Ed Scarpo for reporting back in 2019 that "sources said" Lovaglio had terminal throat cancer and that may have played a role into his cooperation. https://www.cosanostranews.com/2019/03/ ... eturn.html
He discussed it on cross examination during the Cammarano trial:

IMG_4257.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

chin_gigante wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 3:33 pm
gohnjotti wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:33 pm He said he's had terminal cancer for the past ten years, that was part of his decision for cooperating. Why was this never brought up at his sentencing, or by any of the numerous sources who provided Jerry Capeci with information? Credit to Ed Scarpo for reporting back in 2019 that "sources said" Lovaglio had terminal throat cancer and that may have played a role into his cooperation. https://www.cosanostranews.com/2019/03/ ... eturn.html
He discussed it on cross examination during the Cammarano trial:

IMG_4257.jpeg
Thanks Chin, never saw that!
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

CornerBoy wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 2:09 pm he shouldve just flipped in '01
Thanks dude, we'll try and get that to him.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Watched the whole thing and I think Nadu did a pretty good job, though there were a few things I was surprised he didn't ask him about. Especially the Coddington club incident, since Lovaglio was personally involved in it