Chicago Chop Shop Murders

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Chumbolone
Prospect

Re: Chicago Chop Shop Murders

Post by Chumbolone »

Hi, new member here. I’ve read up on a lot of the available information/blogs about the chop shop wars and I always wondered, and have never seen/heard it addressed - but why did Outfit leadership allow Catura and Tocco to go to war? Particularly at time when there seemed to be a linear/direct hierarchy in the Outfit that was obeyed - why didn’t the boss/leadership put a stop to it? Was Catura going off the reservation, against orders, and doing his own thing?

Just curious if anyone here might have some more insight into the how and why the chop shop wars lasted so long, or was even allowed to take place to begin with?
Snakes
Full Patched

Re: Chicago Chop Shop Murders

Post by Snakes »

Chumbolone wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 4:29 pm Hi, new member here. I’ve read up on a lot of the available information/blogs about the chop shop wars and I always wondered, and have never seen/heard it addressed - but why did Outfit leadership allow Catura and Tocco to go to war? Particularly at time when there seemed to be a linear/direct hierarchy in the Outfit that was obeyed - why didn’t the boss/leadership put a stop to it? Was Catura going off the reservation, against orders, and doing his own thing?

Just curious if anyone here might have some more insight into the how and why the chop shop wars lasted so long, or was even allowed to take place to begin with?
Pretty sure Catuara was told to retire and didn't. In so many words. Once he didn't, it was open season on him and his guys.