Colombo’s DeLeo Dissed Patriarca’s DiNunzio Bros. In Prison

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Colombo’s DeLeo Dissed Patriarca’s DiNunzio Bros. In Prison

Post by furiofromnaples »

Boston Might Not Be Big Enough For Both Of Them: Colombo’s DeLeo Dissed Patriarca’s DiNunzio Bros. In Prison Emails Re. Boss Beef

In the final years of his most-recent federal prison term, former Colombo mob acting boss Ralph DeLeo penned emails and told a confidential informant he was doing time with that he didn’t recognize the DiNunzio brothers as the mafia dons of Boston and was looking forward to a physical altercation with them after he got free, per court documents related to his release. One of the emails showed DeLeo writing to the unnamed recipient of his desire to lose weight and get fit for an occasion when he sees the DiNunzios on the street.

The controversial 80-year old DeLeo was released from the feds last October. He gets out his halfway-house assignment this month. Law enforcement in New York and New England don’t believe DeLeo intends on following through with his threats and the comments were boastful bluster of an aging mobster going stir crazy after another decade in the can.

Based in the Boston area, DeLeo led New York’s Colombo crime family in a front-boss capacity for the Persicos in the late 2000s until he was busted in a racketeering case in 2009. Also headquartered out of Beantown, Carmem (Big Cheese) DiNunzio and his younger brother Anthony (Little Cheese) DiNunzio head New England’s Patriarca crime family, the same organization DeLeo got his start in the mob in during the 1960s.

A one-time cooperator with state authorities in Ohio and federal investigators in Maine, DeLeo stunned mob watchers when he grabbed the reins of the Colombo clan in June 2008 at the urging of legendary incarcerated Godfather, Carmine (The Snake) Persico and his mafia prince son Alphonse (Little Allie Boy) Persico, who DeLeo met and became close to doing prison time together years earlier.

DeLeo was a burglar and bookie for longtime Patriarca crime family underboss Jerry Angiulo, the King of the North End, in Boston. He was “made” into the Colombos in a summer 2000 ceremony and skippered a satellite crew for himself in Somerville, Massachusetts, which operated rackets in the Boston area, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Florida and Arkansas, according to FBI reports and court filings. Angiulo chased the DiNunzios from the North End in the 1980s at the end of his reign, sending the sizeable siblings scurrying off to Las Vegas to work for the Chicago mob’s West Coast branch, before they returned a decade later, got their buttons and eventually took command of mob affairs in Boston by the early 2000s.

Rumors circulated in the 2010s that “Big Cheese” DiNunzio got into a fist fight in prison with DiNunzio getting the best of DeLeo, gossip DeLeo denies and addresses in one of the emails included as exhibits in court filings by federal prosecutors tied to DeLeo’s attempt to get out of his prison stint early due to the COVID-19 pandemic. DiNunzio, 66, came out of prison in 2015 and today is considered the No. 1 shot caller in the entire New England mafia. His brother, “Little Cheese” DiNunzio, 65, serves as his acting boss, per sources on both sides of the law. It’s unclear what, if any, role DeLeo currently holds in the Colombo mob.

DeLeo is back in Somerville. The DiNunzios moved their nerve center from the North End to suburban outpost hot spots in nearby Medford and Revere.

According to court records and 302 debriefing documents, DeLeo cut a cooperation deal with state authorities in Ohio relating to a murder-for-hire conspiracy. While in custody in the Buckeye State in the heart of the Midwest, he tried to help the feds in cracking the still-unsolved 1976 gangland slaying of a Boston bank executive found dead in Maine.

“Little Allie Boy” Persico, 69, is in the middle of doing life in prison now, but his cousin, Theodore (Skinny Teddy) Persico, is slated to take the throne when he returns from prison in a few years, per reports. Carmine Persico passed away five years ago at the age of 85 doing his own life prison sentence. Trusted Persico ally, Robert (Little Rob) Donofrio is the Colombo family’s reputed acting boss these days, keeping the seat warm for the capable and ambitious 60-year old “Skinny Teddy” for the next two years until his release.

Damn Patriarcas was so weak if there was a Colombo and Philly crews in it territories.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Re: Colombo’s DeLeo Dissed Patriarca’s DiNunzio Bros. In Prison

Post by JohnnyS »

You're welcome Scott. 8-)
The Greek
Straightened out

Post by The Greek »

Didn't DeLeo used to post on the old Real Deal?
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

JohnnyS wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 11:18 am You're welcome Scott. 8-)
Yeah this was your scoop yesterday.
Ravens410
Straightened out

Post by Ravens410 »

Rumor has it that a Cammarano hit squad is currently hunting down all parties involved. Just a rumor I heard from
a ‘reliable’ source.
scott22
Straightened out

Post by scott22 »

My bad Johnny. It’s properly credited now .I shout out/credit the forum on the video I shot and the uncredited version of the written story has been edited. The video was supposed to come out first . Either way . It’s bad form and It’s on me.

Scott
scott22
Straightened out

Post by scott22 »

Cammarano hit team is leaning on DeLeo not DINunzios , just to be clear . Straight from Brooklyn with love to Boston with a bullet .

Ha ha . I can play too.
Scott
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Appreciate you doing that, Scott.
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

Game is game respect
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Just trying to imagine that walrus Dinunzio fighting an OAP 😂
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Johnny with the scoop 🔥
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Post by furiofromnaples »

TommyGambino wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 2:44 am Just trying to imagine that walrus Dinunzio fighting an OAP 😂
I know a person fat as DiNunzio, in a fight he doesn't hit the other, he rolls directly against him. :lol:
scott22
Straightened out

Post by scott22 »

[*]Owning up to what ?

If you don’t think Mikey Nose was trying to kill the Cs last year , you and anyone else simply demonstrates how far out of the loop they are .

Embarrassing ? LOL!

Yeah , I’m embarrassed, as I become THE authority on all organized crime in North America. Buckle bro , we got another 20-30 years of these back and forths…..good times !

Scott
AntComello
Full Patched

Post by AntComello »

Sonny don’t you live in Ireland or some shit? Lol how tf do you know what’s going on with American Cosa Nostra? If Mancuso had his guys brawling at a funeral what makes you think he didn’t really put a hit out on Cammarano? Just curious cuz your so hard on Scott like you know what’s actually going on in New York.
That’s the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The guy I’m going to hell for.
AntComello
Full Patched

Post by AntComello »

And I’m not starting shit I’m genuinely asking. And keep in mind this is coming from me who had to cash app Cheech $20 cuz we had a bet on this whole situation.
That’s the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The guy I’m going to hell for.