General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Snakes
Full Patched

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by Snakes »

funkster wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:24 pm
PolackTony wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:09 am
funkster wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:53 am Not surprised that there is still a Chicago OC squad, but interesting that they are apparently the team specifically conducting this investigation which would seem to indicate confirmation it’s at least tangentially outfit related.
See the article above from 3/5.

The Feds have been trying hard to connect the dots with this, the Frontier case, and the Nesbitt case to be able to hammer these EP guys. A reminder again that the Feds know more than what they are able to, or need to, present in court for a specific trial. Here, the prosecution wasn’t even able to mention OC let alone LCN, and, apparently, even noting on the stand that an agent testifying in this case is on the OC team was enough for the judge to toss the case as a mistrial lol.
Meisners latest tweet says the govt was dying to get OC in there somehow and it back fired.
They also banned "juice loans" and "gambling operation" as potentially prejudicial to the defendants. They later orally allowed "juice loans." The agent who mentioned OC didn't even investigate Cassano or Galione -- he merely mentioned his time serving on an OC squad. Defense attorneys filed a motion for mistrial, the government contested it on the grounds that it was unreasonable to never mention "organized crime" at all during the trial (only in reference to defendants' activities), but the judge apparently thought different and declared the mistrial.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Wonder if the Outfit stands to benefit from the apparent soft-on-crime orientation of the people in charge of Chicago today. Or does the Outfit have "white privilege" or something?

(this post may or may not be a joke)
Instagram-loving wiseguy of the blood-drenched Boardwalk Syndicate
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Ivan wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:37 pm Wonder if the Outfit stands to benefit from the apparent soft-on-crime orientation of the people in charge of Chicago today. Or does the Outfit have "white privilege" or something?

Indeed, it may or may not be a joke lol.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
NickyEyes1
Straightened out

Post by NickyEyes1 »

In these situations are the cases usually dropped or will the government retry the case?
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Ivan wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:37 pm Wonder if the Outfit stands to benefit from the apparent soft-on-crime orientation of the people in charge of Chicago today. Or does the Outfit have "white privilege" or something?

I would say the way world is going, all criminals will benefit from soft on crime approach. In my opinion I think there has been a resurgence with the Outfit in recent years. How do you give a guy a lot of time for gambling when you can kill someone and and be out in 10 years? Judges and jurors are more likely to side with the person on trial after all the shit the Feds have done in recent years like go after Trump.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

NickyEyes1 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:44 pm In these situations are the cases usually dropped or will the government retry the case?
Probably retry or offer them light plea agreement like they did with Merlino. We will see what the Feds do. I think they have a good chance of getting acquittal. Wonder if the Feds still think the Outfit is running on fumes.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

I think it is evident that the EP crew is still around and it was bad info that said they were disbanded or absorbed. The question is who is the leader. The Mandel case and this Cassano case tells me they are still a force. Gary gags very well could be or Tony Dote. I know Dote and Cassano do not like each other and do not get along. Gary gags got his start working for Giancana driving him and his girlfriends around . He has been around for a long time. I believe he is still the owner of Luke’s but is not involved in day to day operations of it. He does spend most of his time in Naples, Fl so he might be removed from operations now.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Patrickgold wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:05 pm I think it is evident that the EP crew is still around and it was bad info that said they were disbanded or absorbed. The question is who is the leader. The Mandel case and this Cassano case tells me they are still a force. Gary gags very well could be or Tony Dote. I know Dote and Cassano do not like each other and do not get along. Gary gags got his start working for Giancana driving him and his girlfriends around . He has been around for a long time. I believe he is still the owner of Luke’s but is not involved in day to day operations of it. He does spend most of his time in Naples, Fl so he might be removed from operations now.
Fratto's still officially in charge according to Scott's sources; FWIW they have told him the crew is still around, Fratto is semi-retired but still the nominal boss, the crew is going to be rolled into Cicero when Fratto's gone (so it will stop being a separate crew "for real,"), and that Dote, Abbinati, and Mitria are the top guys.

Plausible enough, I guess? Not sure if we covered it already but he also had an article up about how there were like half a dozen CIs in the crew in the 2010s, according to court filings.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Ivan wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:43 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:05 pm I think it is evident that the EP crew is still around and it was bad info that said they were disbanded or absorbed. The question is who is the leader. The Mandel case and this Cassano case tells me they are still a force. Gary gags very well could be or Tony Dote. I know Dote and Cassano do not like each other and do not get along. Gary gags got his start working for Giancana driving him and his girlfriends around . He has been around for a long time. I believe he is still the owner of Luke’s but is not involved in day to day operations of it. He does spend most of his time in Naples, Fl so he might be removed from operations now.
Fratto's still officially in charge according to Scott's sources; FWIW they have told him the crew is still around, Fratto is semi-retired but still the nominal boss, the crew is going to be rolled into Cicero when Fratto's gone (so it will stop being a separate crew "for real,"), and that Dote, Abbinati, and Mitria are the top guys.

Plausible enough, I guess? Not sure if we covered it already but he also had an article up about how there were like half a dozen CIs in the crew in the 2010s, according to court filings.
Fratto being boss is plausible. I don’t buy they will disband when he dies. Makes no sense to me. A crew is absorbed when there is hardly anyone left. EP has some heavy players still left.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Patrickgold wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:49 pm
NickyEyes1 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:44 pm In these situations are the cases usually dropped or will the government retry the case?
Probably retry or offer them light plea agreement like they did with Merlino. We will see what the Feds do. I think they have a good chance of getting acquittal. Wonder if the Feds still think the Outfit is running on fumes.
The defense I think would have had a party with these prosecution witnesses, given the alleged ties to narcotics trafficking and gambling already brought up during the grand jury cross-examinations etc. What we’ve seen in all of these recent cases too is that the Feds are targeting these as activities of a crew of an LCN organization, but because they don’t have any members who have flipped and can testify to the actual organization, they are very limited in what they can bring up at trial. If the best they can do is get guys like Mucerino and whoever the alleged fentanyl-dealing gambling parlor operator that they also apparently were fielding as a witness, not sure why they even brought a case unless they’re just desperate to get Cassano.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Patrickgold wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:47 pm

Fratto being boss is plausible. I don’t buy they will disband when he dies. Makes no sense to me. A crew is absorbed when there is hardly anyone left. EP has some heavy players still left.
Fratto may or not may not be involved today. I could see it just as easily being that he’s shelved or sidelined as him being a captain at this point (neither scenario would really surprise me). He could also just be a member in good standing and his “crew” that Scott has reported is just a crew of associates reporting to a soldier. One thing to note is that Fratto hasn’t come up in any of this recent EP stuff as of yet. Maybe because they don’t have anything to tie him to any of it, but if Scott somehow knows that Fratto is the “boss of EP”, and the Feds have clearly been on EP like white on rice, wouldn’t they be aware of this also? He also the only one who is a publically confirmed LCN member, so far as I’m aware, so you’d think they’d be keen to have him in there to further argue that this is an LCN entity (thinking of like the affidavits we discussed before that the FBI submitted for the Frontier case last Spring). Just raising the question, as I don’t think any of us here really know.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Ivan wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:43 pm I Not sure if we covered it already but he also had an article up about how there were like half a dozen CIs in the crew in the 2010s, according to court filings.
Patrick actually broke that story first :mrgreen:
Patrickgold wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 6:56 pm This was brought to my attention by someone on this board. It’s some court documents regarding the Michael Frontier gambling bust which I personally was not tracking and the Jessica Nesbitt brothel case that happened a couple years ago. I was tracking Nesbitt’s case and believe the brothel was located at “the dungeon” on grand ave which we have talked about before and is owned by a relative of Jimmy I. I could be wrong though. The court documents names the Chicago Outfit, specifically the Elmwood Park crew. Some members or associates that are mentioned in this document include Gary Gagliano, Tony Dote, Gene and Anthony Cassano. Some of the crimes that are talked about are gambling, extortion, prostitution and loansharking. A more interesting piece is about the informants they talk about. There are 9. I have some ideas who some of them could be. I’m curious to see what everyone’s reactions are to these documents. Obviously if true, it blows out the notion that the Outfit is defunct like some on this forum believe. You hear a lot about how indictments in Chicago don’t mention the Outfit so they are not Outfit related. Look up the Frontier and Nesbitt cases from 2019 and the Outfit is not mentioned but after reading this you will see that they are Outfit connected. It also might change the mind of people that say the Elmwood Park crew is defunct.

https://casetext.com/case/united-states-v-frontier-1/
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

PolackTony wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:58 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:47 pm

Fratto may or not may not be involved today. I could see it just as easily being that he’s shelved or sidelined as him being a captain at this point (neither scenario would really surprise me). He could also just be a member in good standing and his “crew” that Scott has reported is just a crew of associates reporting to a soldier. One thing to note is that Fratto hasn’t come up in any of this recent EP stuff as of yet. Maybe because they don’t have anything to tie him to any of it, but if Scott somehow knows that Fratto is the “boss of EP”, and the Feds have clearly been on EP like white on rice, wouldn’t they be aware of this also? He also the only one who is a publically confirmed LCN member, so far as I’m aware, so you’d think they’d be keen to have him in there to further argue that this is an LCN entity (thinking of like the affidavits we discussed before that the FBI submitted for the Frontier case last Spring). Just raising the question, as I don’t think any of us here really know.
Good observation Tony. It is my personal opinion that Fratto might be in admin position. If he is shelved, guys that are still involved like to hang out with him. Carparelli, Rainone, Spina and many other associates hang out with him every week at Capri. That’s just a fact and if anyone doesn’t believe it then go down there on a weekend. Not hard to find them. Usually when you are shelved, you are disowned by other members and associates. That being said, he could have taken a note from DiFronzo and insulated himself from street level operations.
Last edited by Patrickgold on Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

PolackTony wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:08 pm
Ivan wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:43 pm I Not sure if we covered it already but he also had an article up about how there were like half a dozen CIs in the crew in the 2010s, according to court filings.
Patrick actually broke that story first :mrgreen:
Patrickgold wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 6:56 pm This was brought to my attention by someone on this board. It’s some court documents regarding the Michael Frontier gambling bust which I personally was not tracking and the Jessica Nesbitt brothel case that happened a couple years ago. I was tracking Nesbitt’s case and believe the brothel was located at “the dungeon” on grand ave which we have talked about before and is owned by a relative of Jimmy I. I could be wrong though. The court documents names the Chicago Outfit, specifically the Elmwood Park crew. Some members or associates that are mentioned in this document include Gary Gagliano, Tony Dote, Gene and Anthony Cassano. Some of the crimes that are talked about are gambling, extortion, prostitution and loansharking. A more interesting piece is about the informants they talk about. There are 9. I have some ideas who some of them could be. I’m curious to see what everyone’s reactions are to these documents. Obviously if true, it blows out the notion that the Outfit is defunct like some on this forum believe. You hear a lot about how indictments in Chicago don’t mention the Outfit so they are not Outfit related. Look up the Frontier and Nesbitt cases from 2019 and the Outfit is not mentioned but after reading this you will see that they are Outfit connected. It also might change the mind of people that say the Elmwood Park crew is defunct.

https://casetext.com/case/united-states-v-frontier-1/
I take no credit :lol:
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Thanks Tony, I looked for stuff about that but couldn't find anything, though I did find a post with you talking about Elmwood Park and literals rats (as in, the rodent) in the same post. :lol:

Scott has reported that thing about Fratto hanging out at Capri. Says he has a crew of young guys around him who aren't made and don't have "traditional Outfit names".

Off the top of my head I can't think of a reason why Fratto would even be shelved to begin with, unless I missed something.