General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by NorthBuffalo »

Luigi Mucerino who is the guy they were extorting also has a mobbed up family. His father was 'Sal Mucerino' who began as a car thief in Chicago Heights and then was the mastermind of a major snow removal scheme in the city in the 1980s. The family had a restaurant in Bloomingdale and now run an import/export business.

https://www.facebook.com/salvatore.mucerino/

Does anyone know who 'Jonny Haircuts' is in the Outfit? That is supposedly an uncle of the Cassano's and who they began working with at a young age.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Patrickgold wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:32 am The one they are talking about is on the NE corner of lake and 53. Same shopping center as Demarcos. Next to the 24 hour Jack shack that is also owned by Cassano which is where the prostitution thing probably comes in.
I was thinking the prostitution thing was a reference to the Nesbit case and Gagliano's involvement in that and then the gambling thing is a reference to Frontier. All of it being part of a greater investigation targeting the Elmwood Park crew.
NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Post by NorthBuffalo »

OcSleeper wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:27 am
Patrickgold wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:32 am The one they are talking about is on the NE corner of lake and 53. Same shopping center as Demarcos. Next to the 24 hour Jack shack that is also owned by Cassano which is where the prostitution thing probably comes in.
I was thinking the prostitution thing was a reference to the Nesbit case and Gagliano's involvement in that and then the gambling thing is a reference to Frontier. All of it being part of a greater investigation targeting the Elmwood Park crew.
That's what these guys I'm talking to are saying - this is a larger case focused on Gagliano. That is an interesting guy I've been learning more about - he is very wealthy, owns a very successful hot dog franchise and looks similar to Mike Sarno from what they've said.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

NorthBuffalo wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:22 am Luigi Mucerino who is the guy they were extorting also has a mobbed up family. His father was 'Sal Mucerino' who began as a car thief in Chicago Heights and then was the mastermind of a major snow removal scheme in the city in the 1980s. The family had a restaurant in Bloomingdale and now run an import/export business.

Does anyone know who 'Jonny Haircuts' is in the Outfit? That is supposedly an uncle of the Cassano's and who they began working with at a young age.
Johnny "Haircuts" Campanelli; occasional golfing partner of Sam Giancana. He did in 1994.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Is this Gagliano you guys are talking about here Gary Gagliano?
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Yes Ivan. There's more about Gagliano here that was already discussed when it came out but worth reading if you haven't yet.
https://casetext.com/case/united-states-v-frontier-1
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Snakes wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:09 am
NorthBuffalo wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:22 am Luigi Mucerino who is the guy they were extorting also has a mobbed up family. His father was 'Sal Mucerino' who began as a car thief in Chicago Heights and then was the mastermind of a major snow removal scheme in the city in the 1980s. The family had a restaurant in Bloomingdale and now run an import/export business.

Johnny "Haircuts" Campanelli; occasional golfing partner of Sam Giancana. He did in 1994.
I’m not aware that Johnny Campanelli was an “uncle”, whether by blood or marriage, to the Cassano brothers. But their families were compaesani who lived in Melrose Park and were definitely connected to each other; lots of Italians of course use “uncle” and “cousin” loosely.

Johnny Campanelli’s parents were from the Ceglie del Campo quartiere of Bari. With the exception of Gino, the Cassano brothers were born in Bari, and immigrated to the US as kids with their parents, Nicola Cassano (d. in 1969, same year that Gino was born) and Emma Giardino (d. 2012). When Emma was naturalized in 1974, one of her witnesses was Vittoriano Macino (from Ceglie del Campo), Johnny Campanelli’s stepfather.

I’ve brought this up before, but given their close ties back to Bari and the documented presence of SCU affiliates in Chicago, worth noting that the Cassano surname was documented a number of times as part of the Diomede-Mercante clan of the SCU, which operated in the area around Ceglie Del Campo, including a Nicola Cassano murdered in 2000.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Post by NorthBuffalo »

I am told this is Gary Gagliano (fat guy bald head in middle) - apparently there were a lot of photos of him at these events and the links no longer work:
https://www.viennabeef.com/joeys-red-hots

I noticed other posters here had put up links on old threads - none work anymore. I wonder if they saw these on here and removed them?

He is the nephew of Joe "Joe Gags" Gagliano.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

With the exception of the current Cassano/Galione thing, just a friendly reminder that almost all of this has been discussed previously on the board, in some cases several times over and in considerable detail. Always worth using the search function (otherwise it’s like Groundhog Day every time the name of one of these usual suspects comes up again).
PolackTony wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:35 pm Elmwood park capodecina Joseph "Joey Gags" Gagliano was born Giuseppe Gagliano in 1915 in Chicago to Salvatore Gagliano and Maria Cadetto, who married in Chicago in 1909. While a bunch of Ancestry.com family trees claim that Salvatore and Maria were from Agrigento, closer inspection shows that these claims are based on erroneous genealogies, as both seem to have been from Calabria. The 1980 death record for daughter Anna Marie Gagliano (born in 1918) states that both parents were born in Calabria. Investigation into Maria Cadetto reveals that both of her parents, Antonio Cadetto and Nicolina Marigliano, were indeed from Cosenza province. When Salvatore Gagliano was naturalized in Chicago in 1920, he stated that he arrived in the US 1903/08/27. An NYC passenger manifest for a 1903/08/26 arrival of a Salvatore Gagliano (born about 1885, like the Chicago one), states that he was from Drapia, Vibo Valentia. Though bound at this time for Philly, I believe this was very likely Joe Gag's father. On His WW1 Draft card, Salvatore Gagliano stated that the family lived on the 2600 block of W Superior, near Smith Park. The family subsequently decamped to the Italian section of Humboldt Park around Chicago Ave and Homan/Pulaski, in which area Joe Gags was later associated in his outfit career.

Elmwood Park member Gary "Gary Gags" Gagliano has been claimed over the years to have been either a nephew or son of Joe Gags. Gary was in fact Joe's nephew. Gary M. Gagliano was born in Chicago in 1943 to Michael S. Gagliano and Lola Petri. Michael Gagliano was a younger brother of Joe Gags, born in 1920 in Chicago. Lola was born in 1922 in Chicago to Amelio Petri and Maria Puccini of Bagni di Lucca, Toscana. While in 1940 Michael Gagliano still lived with his family at Chicago and Kedvale in West Humboldt Park, in 1950 he lived with Lola, Gary, and daughter Susan at 37th St and 57th Ave in Cicero. The Petris lived first on Grand Ave near Halsted, later moving west to Ridgeway and Chicago Ave in Humboldt Park.

Gary Gags' first mention in the papers came in 1961, at 17 when Gary faced federal charges for a Morton Grove bank robbery with 18-year-old James Schrimmenti. Schrimmenti lived at Diversey and Oak Park Ave in the NW Side Montclare neighborhood, while Gary lived on Mango near Wellington in neighboring Belmont Cragin. In recent decades, Gary Gags has been known as the owner of Luke's Italian Beef, a well-known beef stand on Jackson in the Loop, with his wife Roseanna Makaris (his cousin Salvatore "Tore" Gagliano, Joe Gags' son, has owned Tore & Luke's beef in suburban Palatine, now run by Frank Caputo). Gary Gags has also long been rumored to be a feared killer for the outfit with the Elmwood Park crew. In a 2011 interview with Joe Fosco, Mike Magnafichi named Gags as such:
JF: Are you ready to do this?

MM: I have been talking about it for a long time. Let’s do it.

JF: Are you worried that something will happen to you?

MM: Yes, but I will be okay. I know who their killers are. I know who to look for and who to avoid.

JF: Who are you going to be on the lookout for?

MM: Alby, Gary Gags, Porky, Bobby Abbinanti and a couple of others.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

NorthBuffalo wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:04 pm I am told this is Gary Gagliano (fat guy bald head in middle) - apparently there were a lot of photos of him at these events and the links no longer work:

I noticed other posters here had put up links on old threads - none work anymore. I wonder if they saw these on here and removed them?

Old photo of Gary for comparison:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Ivan wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:29 pm
NorthBuffalo wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:04 pm I am told this is Gary Gagliano (fat guy bald head in middle) - apparently there were a lot of photos of him at these events and the links no longer work:

It’s the same Gary Gagliano. Again, just as a reminder, we’ve discussed this before. :D
NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Post by NorthBuffalo »

PolackTony wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:31 pm
Ivan wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:29 pm

It’s the same Gary Gagliano. Again, just as a reminder, we’ve discussed this before. :D
These photos have been shared already? I can't click half of these old links with my status - I assume that's the case for others. I was under impression this was new information I was bringing to the board, but if its recycled, let me know.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

NorthBuffalo wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:59 pm These photos have been shared already? I can't click half of these old links with my status - I assume that's the case for others. I was under impression this was new information I was bringing to the board, but if its recycled, let me know.
You must read the 375 page thread from beginning to end and thoroughly internalize it so that you don't repeat something that was covered three years ago on page 112 or it's this:

Kidding, you can actually just search for stuff to see if something's been covered before but the search can kinda hit or miss unless you know how to narrow it properly. (Putting full names in quotes is often a good idea, for example.) It takes some getting used to though (I'm still getting the hang of it -- the incredibly annoying "your search terms are too common" message can be hard to avoid at first) so be patient with yourself in figuring it out.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

That is not Gary Gags. He has full set of hair. There was a picture of him with Paulie C not to long ago. Looks nothing like him
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Ivan wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:42 pm
NorthBuffalo wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:59 pm These photos have been shared already? I can't click half of these old links with my status - I assume that's the case for others. I was under impression this was new information I was bringing to the board, but if its recycled, let me know.
You must read the 375 page thread from beginning to end and thoroughly internalize it so that you don't repeat something that was covered three years ago on page 112 or it's this:

Kidding, you can actually just search for stuff to see if something's been covered before but the search can kinda hit or miss unless you know how to narrow it properly. (Putting full names in quotes is often a good idea, for example.) It takes some getting used to though (I'm still getting the hang of it -- the incredibly annoying "your search terms are too common" message can be hard to avoid at first) so be patient with yourself in figuring it out.
Haha yes. It’s like the ‘Ndrangheta where you will be accosted and challenged to repeat entire texts verbatim from memory on the penalty of having your face slashed.

The search engine isn’t ideal here, of course, but is usable. You can get around the warning about search terms being too common by adding an asterisk. For example, instead of putting “Chicago” into the search field, put “Chicag*” and you won’t have any issues. That alone makes the search feature much more effective IMO.

Ongoing discussion is most productive when we build on what has already been discussed, of course, which is why I point this out. Given that there is little ongoing, new, current info about Chicago coming out, most of this is going to have been discussed already (admittedly, I also point it out so I don’t have to feel like I’ve wasted countless hours researching and posting into the void when the same names come up for discussion every six months :mrgreen: ).