General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Coloboy
Straightened out

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by Coloboy »

Second photo from the top. Is that Chris Spina 2nd from left?
dropitoff
Prospect

Post by dropitoff »

Coloboy wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:40 pm Second photo from the top. Is that Chris Spina 2nd from left?
Looks like its him to me
NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Post by NorthBuffalo »

FWIW these guys say its Christopher Spina and his brother Anthony in that photo on the end next to him. Other guys in other photos are Inendino, Paloian, Lappo, Onesti. The actor Gianni Russo has his own olive oil line with Greco and this was the 'launch party.'
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

‘I got cold-cocked’: Victim tells federal jury of alleged juice loan extortion assault
https://www.chicagotribune.com/2024/03/ ... n-assault/
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Coloboy wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:40 pm Second photo from the top. Is that Chris Spina 2nd from left?
Yes that is Chrissy Spina
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

OcSleeper wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:20 pm ‘I got cold-cocked’: Victim tells federal jury of alleged juice loan extortion assault
https://www.chicagotribune.com/2024/03/ ... n-assault/
Here’s the article on Reddit. Cassano is definitely somebody.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Mafia/s/in0DY2tBcS
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Yeah, I'm not sure how this Cassano case flew under my radar. Reading up on it, Cassano hired a few guys to collect for him (including Galione). One was a guy Cassano met who was understood to have a reputation for violence and was a "crazy motherfucker," according to Cassano. This individual grabbed one of the debtors and was later admonished by Cassano, who told him to use his mouth to collect debts and not lay a hand on someone unless they touch him first. Galione was seemingly even crazier than this particular collector and had a reputation for getting in fights and having a "short fuse" around Addison. One of the victims was purported to say that Cassano was "not someone to mess with."
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Can someone tell me about these "west suburban Italian social clubs" referenced here?
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
NickyEyes1
Straightened out

Post by NickyEyes1 »

Ivan wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:52 am Can someone tell me about these "west suburban Italian social clubs" referenced here?
Probably Addison/Bloomingdale/Itasca/Roselle/Woodale area. Still a bunch of them around there.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

NickyEyes1 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:56 am
Ivan wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:52 am Can someone tell me about these "west suburban Italian social clubs" referenced here?
Probably Addison/Bloomingdale/Itasca/Roselle/Woodale area. Still a bunch of them around there.
One of Cassano's meetings with Galioto was at a social club in Addison.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Snakes wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:16 am
The one they are talking about is on the NE corner of lake and 53. Same shopping center as Demarcos. Next to the 24 hour Jack shack that is also owned by Cassano which is where the prostitution thing probably comes in.

Galione name is a name connected with the outfit. I believe John Galione owned All Stars strip club and was also involved in the stolen silver from the Binion case from the late 90s.
NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Post by NorthBuffalo »

Patrickgold wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:32 am
The one they are talking about is on the NE corner of lake and 53. Same shopping center as Demarcos. Next to the 24 hour Jack shack that is also owned by Cassano which is where the prostitution thing probably comes in.

Galione name is a name connected with the outfit. I believe John Galione owned All Stars strip club and was also involved in the stolen silver from the Binion case from the late 90s.
The LIUNA guys say Jack Galione is from Melrose Park and his father was a bookie named 'Enzo.' There is another brother Vince or 'Enzi' who does gambling in Addison.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Thanks for the quick and detailed answers guys!

I checked out this Addison/Bloomingdale/Itasca/Roselle/Woodale cluster of suburbs on Wikipedia and Google Maps and they're so far west and low-density they make Elmwood Park and Cicero look like the Sears Tower.

(Just as an aside, whenever I meet someone in the 2020s who still speaks with the Chicago accent, they always actually live in the suburbs. Both the Outfit and old-school Chicagoans seem like a suburbs thing these days, lol.)

24-hour Jack Shack?
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

I had a Carl Galione as a 73 year old associate but I can't remember what crew he's hooked up with.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

NorthBuffalo wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:49 am
Patrickgold wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:32 am

The LIUNA guys say Jack Galione is from Melrose Park and his father was a bookie named 'Enzo.' There is another brother Vince or 'Enzi' who does gambling in Addison.
I got the name mixed up. I was thinking Galioto not Galione. Galiotos owned the strip club