General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Waingro
Straightened out

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by Waingro »

Interesting article I've never heard that before. I just figured there's no way in 1950's Chicago you could run that kind of business without them having some say in it.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Scott article up now where his sources are telling him interesting things about Sarno still having some sway, especially over Cicero guys he brought in during his few years at the top. Didn't Antiliar's source tell him that Sarno made "a bunch of lowlifes" or something?
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Anyway fellas I looked at some of Antiliar's old posts about what his source is telling him and following those leads have found this video of alleged made guy Massimo Lobue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqa-Y3b4GUs
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Ivan wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:15 am Anyway fellas I looked at some of Antiliar's old posts about what his source is telling him and following those leads have found this video of alleged made guy Massimo Lobue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqa-Y3b4GUs
Yup, that’s him.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Post by NorthBuffalo »

I asked Fratto and these other guys on this LIUNA message thread we have going. I was told that Matteo LoBue's partner is this guy Mark Bartlett:
https://www.chicagotribune.com/2019/02/ ... staurants/

Apparently owns check cashing businesses across the U.S. He tried to take LoBue to court apparently and was persuaded otherwise.

ZaZa's is where Solly D DeLaurentis used to hang out. Fillipo LoBue sings Italian Opera.

That's all I got back.
NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Post by NorthBuffalo »

Someone says LoBue is part of Greco and Sons too - they bought a previous business that was owned by their family. However, someone else says that is a different guy than 'Matteo LoBue' so maybe not. I do know Joseph Todaro is in that photo in front of Greco and Sons at a convention in Vegas with a Chicago Outfit guy.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

What actual criminal activity does LoBue the restaurant guy in that video engage in that we know of? What are some of his Outfit ties?

Also Rainone, Guarino, Nitti, and the LoBues are all alleged to be in the Cicero crew, right? And we don't know anything about possible young made guys in the other crews? (Other than Nick Ferriola and the young Caruso?)

By "young" I mean like under 50 BTW.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Ivan wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:50 pm What actual criminal activity does LoBue the restaurant guy in that video engage in that we know of? What are some of his Outfit ties?

Also Rainone, Guarino, Nitti, and the LoBues are all alleged to be in the Cicero crew, right? And we don't know anything about possible young made guys in the other crews? (Other than Nick Ferriola and the young Caruso?)

My source said that the LoBues operate in Elmwood Park. He heard of Rudy Fratto, but as far as he knew he was inactive.
Dr031718
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dr031718 »

NorthBuffalo wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:46 pm Someone says LoBue is part of Greco and Sons too - they bought a previous business that was owned by their family. However, someone else says that is a different guy than 'Matteo LoBue' so maybe not. I do know Joseph Todaro is in that photo in front of Greco and Sons at a convention in Vegas with a Chicago Outfit guy.
Can anyone post the photo?
NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Post by NorthBuffalo »

Dr031718 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:23 am
NorthBuffalo wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:46 pm Someone says LoBue is part of Greco and Sons too - they bought a previous business that was owned by their family. However, someone else says that is a different guy than 'Matteo LoBue' so maybe not. I do know Joseph Todaro is in that photo in front of Greco and Sons at a convention in Vegas with a Chicago Outfit guy.
https://gangsterreport.com/big-joe-goes ... hoto-opps/
NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Post by NorthBuffalo »

I dug around a bit and took these guys information to the next level - a few things check out. There is a Matt Lobue listed as President of Greco and Sons and he's got a LinkedIn profile.

Here is the lawsuit regarding Mark Bartlett vs. Matteo Lobue and his wife regarding a check cashing business - I can't find the actual suit however but it is listed:
https://dockets.justia.com/docket/illin ... 683/327121

Interestingly enough, the third defendant here alongside the LoBues (Siri Lanpouthakoun) is a convicted heroin trafficker from Thailand:
https://caselaw.findlaw.com/court/us-7t ... 20984.html
Cosmik_Debris
Honorary Member

Post by Cosmik_Debris »

NorthBuffalo wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:21 am
His original report was that Todaro was in Chicago having mob sit downs with Gigi and others, which was obviously bullshit. They took a pic at a food conference in Vegas.

I have a hard time trusting Scott and his "sources" anymore after that epic failure.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Cosmik_Debris wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:27 am
His original report was that Todaro was in Chicago having mob sit downs with Gigi and others, which was obviously bullshit. They took a pic at a food conference in Vegas.

I have a hard time trusting Scott and his "sources" anymore after that epic failure.
To be fair he retracted it immediately as soon as he figured out his source whiffed on that one. I do wish he was a bit more strict about vetting things though.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Ivan wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:50 pm What actual criminal activity does LoBue the restaurant guy in that video engage in that we know of? What are some of his Outfit ties?

Which Nitti is supposedly in the Cicero crew?
Cosmik_Debris
Honorary Member

Post by Cosmik_Debris »

Ivan wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:38 am
Cosmik_Debris wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:27 am

To be fair he retracted it immediately as soon as he figured out his source whiffed on that one. I do wish he was a bit more strict about vetting things though.
I don't think he had a source. I think he saw the picture and created the story, only to immediately be called out as completely wrong.