Quiet Dom Cirillo Dead at 94

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

sharpieone
Straightened out

Re: Quiet Dom Cirillo Dead at 94

Post by sharpieone »

PolackTony wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:50 pm
sharpieone wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:08 pm West side had quiet Dom, uncle patty, sally ko, Stevie a, Ernie. (I can’t remember if Artie was around or in parkchester.) dinapoli. Ralphie operated in the area.
Artie Nigro lived in the Neck, by Hollywood and Randall. His funeral was at Sisto’s on Tremont.
sharpieone wrote: It was an interesting time. Not that I had any inside knowledge of what was going on. But the amount of places where you could gamble, stick around after hours, smoke indoors. I wonder if it’s still like that now.
Not as much as before. Lotta guys and their relatives still living in the area though, of course.
Thx for the feedback on Artie and how things are now.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

NYNighthawk wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:44 pm what funeral home is handling the wake and funeral?
Balsamo's. https://www.balsamofuneralhome.com/book ... /index.php
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:03 pm
Dr031718 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:43 am Dom Cirillo has passed away according to Scott B and Ga hater Report
Was he made pre closing the books?
I think Larry Dentico, if he's still alive, is the only guy left who was made before the books were closed.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

chin_gigante wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:01 am
Dr031718 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:43 am Dom Cirillo has passed away according to Scott B and Ga hater Report
I think Larry Dentico, if he's still alive, is the only guy left who was made before the books were closed.
If we're just talking about the Genovese, Bobby Manna is still with us.
Instagram-loving wiseguy of the blood-drenched Boardwalk Syndicate
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Ivan wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:31 pm
chin_gigante wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:01 am
If we're just talking about the Genovese, Bobby Manna is still with us.
forgot Manna is still alive
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Dentico is still alive and is down in Florida living with his son
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

OcSleeper wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:53 pm Dentico is still alive and is down in Florida living with his son
He'll be 101 in August. Impressive.
jmack
Straightened out

Post by jmack »

JohnnyS wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:27 pm
OcSleeper wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:53 pm Dentico is still alive and is down in Florida living with his son
Something in the water on the west side. It feels like they live forever.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

JohnnyS wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:27 pm
Holy sh*t
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Son made?

Grandkids in the life do we know?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

No idea and I should correct myself, as of early 2023 Dentico was still alive and living in Florida with his son. I haven't heard anything since then but I would've heard if he passed so I presume he's still there.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

OcSleeper wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:29 am No idea and I should correct myself, as of early 2023 Dentico was still alive and living in Florida with his son. I haven't heard anything since then but I would've heard if he passed so I presume he's still there.
Regards his son, he could be 75-80!
So Im guessing if we havent heard about Dentico Jnr getting made by now, he isnt. Larry Fab has had arguably as much pull as anyone since Chin went away. If his kid wanted it, it'd have happened. And I guess that answers whether any grandkids made. Its highly unlikely it skips a generation, especially growing up in Florida. Not many crews to latch on too there.
So I guess it stopped with Larry.
Southshore88
Straightened out

Post by Southshore88 »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:26 am
OcSleeper wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:29 am No idea and I should correct myself, as of early 2023 Dentico was still alive and living in Florida with his son. I haven't heard anything since then but I would've heard if he passed so I presume he's still there.
Regards his son, he could be 75-80!
So Im guessing if we havent heard about Dentico Jnr getting made by now, he isnt. Larry Fab has had arguably as much pull as anyone since Chin went away. If his kid wanted it, it'd have happened. And I guess that answers whether any grandkids made. Its highly unlikely it skips a generation, especially growing up in Florida. Not many crews to latch on too there.
So I guess it stopped with Larry.
Agreed. No idea about his son’s age but I don’t remember reading about him having any OC/Genovese connections and/or being included in any indictments - if I’m mistaken, someone please correct me. Since Larry’s son is likely retirement age, does anyone know if he had originally lived in NY or was he always in FL?

Larry’s grandson was busted in that cross-country weed operation that busted (amongst others) Mickey Paradiso from the Gambinos, Vinny Gorgeous’ son Vinny Jr. of the Bonnanos and Sal Larca from the Genovese? I think Larry’s grandson was one of the CA based associates from that indictment but I’m going off memory so could’ve been NY or FL based?

The only example I can think of off the top of my head of a made member whose father wasn’t made but grandfather was (i.e. skipping a generation) would be Michael DiLeonardo. His grandfather was obviously made and an influential member (possible capo) but father wasn’t and then Michael ended up becoming a Gambino. Does anyone know of any other examples?
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Southshore88 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:14 pm Does anyone know if he had originally lived in NY or was he always in FL?
Good q.
Southshore88 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:14 pm Larry’s grandson was busted in that cross-country weed operation that busted (amongst others) Mickey Paradiso from the Gambinos, Vinny Gorgeous’ son Vinny Jr. of the Bonnanos and Sal Larca from the Genovese? I think Larry’s grandson was one of the CA based associates from that indictment but I’m going off memory so could’ve been NY or FL based?
Great info. Was unaware.
Southshore88 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:14 pm The only example I can think of off the top of my head of a made member whose father wasn’t made but grandfather was (i.e. skipping a generation) would be Michael DiLeonardo. His grandfather was obviously made and an influential member (possible capo) but father wasn’t and then Michael ended up becoming a Gambino. Does anyone know of any other examples?
Was his father in OC or legit. Seems odd an associate would have a Capo as a father and never get straightened out if in the life

Good post SS.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

Southshore88 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:14 pm
does anyone know if he had originally lived in NY or was he always in FL?
Not always in Florida. Before moving down there, Frank Lawrence Dentico lived in Seaside Park, NJ. He also lived in Yonkers and at some time in Queens, NY. He is 76.
There you have it, never printed before.