Gangland 1/11/2024

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Re: Gangland 1/11/2024

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

He won't walk away, but I doubt he'll be active. He'll be watched and know it. Friends would be keeping him at arms length. Toxic.

Is he on parole?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Sonny the whole reason he is out is because he was granted parole...
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Little_Al1991 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:29 pm If Senter decides to walk away, what can they really do? They would not kill him it seems.
The life isn’t something you just walk away from.

Who do you think he’s been hanging out with for the last 30 years!?! It’ll definitely take him some time to adjust but I’m sure he’s got things lined up for himself. He’ll be welcomed back with open arms, he’s as stand up as they come. Even if he wants to play it straight no one will pressure him he’s done a lot of time and everyone respects him but he will be paced in a crew and have the responsibilities all members do.
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

johnny_scootch wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:52 pm
Little_Al1991 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:29 pm If Senter decides to walk away, what can they really do? They would not kill him it seems.
The life isn’t something you just walk away from.

Who do you think he’s been hanging out with for the last 30 years!?! It’ll definitely take him some time to adjust but I’m sure he’s got things lined up for himself. He’ll be welcomed back with open arms, he’s as stand up as they come. Even if he wants to play it straight no one will pressure him he’s done a lot of time and everyone respects him but he will be paced in a crew and have the responsibilities all members do.
Good point’s.George Conte is no longer residing in New York. It seems as if he walked away, Pennisi should elaborate on that but Pennisi has also said that you can’t walk away just because you were released from prison after a while. Though I always wonder as to how Conte was able to
Blunts
Straightened out

Post by Blunts »

Hoping Senter gets a nice envelope as a welcome home and he purchases the former Gemini Lounge and opens a nice little butcher and deli. Only the finest cuts.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Taking a guess Conte moved his family to Vegas. I believe he was doing time out west to. Pennisi said he had a bookie/drug guy paying him tribute his whole 20yr bid. I'd bet he still active out there. Lotta of guys out there
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Little_Al1991 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:16 am Good point’s.George Conte is no longer residing in New York. It seems as if he walked away, Pennisi should elaborate on that but Pennisi has also said that you can’t walk away just because you were released from prison after a while. Though I always wonder as to how Conte was able to
'It seems as if' which means you don't know and neither do I but until we do let's not assume anything.

Let me ask you how many made guys can you name that 'just walked away from the life' guys that didn't rat or get shelved but just decided one day hey I'm not involving myself in this anymore? No assumptions.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

OcSleeper wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:09 pm Sonny the whole reason he is out is because he was granted parole...
So if he re-offends, what's he looking at please OC?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

johnny_scootch wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:46 am
Little_Al1991 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:16 am Good point’s.George Conte is no longer residing in New York. It seems as if he walked away, Pennisi should elaborate on that but Pennisi has also said that you can’t walk away just because you were released from prison after a while. Though I always wonder as to how Conte was able to
'It seems as if' which means you don't know and neither do I but until we do let's not assume anything.

Let me ask you how many made guys can you name that 'just walked away from the life' guys that didn't rat or get shelved but just decided one day hey I'm not involving myself in this anymore? No assumptions.
You are right, we do not know and it is best if we do not assume anything.
Toddo Aurello retired or something like that if I remember correctly but wasn’t he still in the crew as a soldier? So technically he’s still in the life but considered inactive.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Little_Al1991 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:47 pm You are right, we do not know and it is best if we do not assume anything.
Toddo Aurello retired or something like that if I remember correctly but wasn’t he still in the crew as a soldier? So technically he’s still in the life but considered inactive.
Guys are 100% allowed to go into a state of inactivity due to old age or sickness.

Paolo D’Anna is the perfect example he was super old and inactive but he was still a member so when the crew he was a part of got a new captain protocol had to be followed and they were introduced to each other. He even offered to kill someone if they needed him because as a member you have to be available for something like that if they call upon you even if you’re old and inactive. Old man Bacala is a decent fictitious example.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

johnny_scootch wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:43 pm
Little_Al1991 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:47 pm You are right, we do not know and it is best if we do not assume anything.
Guys are 100% allowed to go into a state of inactivity due to old age or sickness.

Paolo D’Anna is the perfect example he was super old and inactive but he was still a member so when the crew he was a part of got a new captain protocol had to be followed and they were introduced to each other. He even offered to kill someone if they needed him because as a member you have to be available for something like that if they call upon you even if you’re old and inactive. Old man Bacala is a decent fictitious example.
As the saying went “the only way out is feet first”, and they didn’t mean on foot lol.

It’s important to distinguish between activity in specific criminal activity and membership. As a member, one can live remotely, one can be “retired” from an active leadership role in the organization, and one can be totally uninvolved in organized criminal rackets. But a member is always a member, and as you note until death is subject to both the privileges and responsibilities of membership, even if in some cases these might be more theoretical than actual (eg, an old guy who is still assigned to a captain or boss in a formal sense but is otherwise largely inactive with respect to duties).
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Listen to Scootch about these things. He has a great understanding of the protocol, rules, and social dynamics of the mafia.
aray22
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by aray22 »

Pmac2 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:39 am Taking a guess Conte moved his family to Vegas. I believe he was doing time out west to. Pennisi said he had a bookie/drug guy paying him tribute his whole 20yr bid. I'd bet he still active out there. Lotta of guys out there
That was Frank Papagni, not George Conte.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

PolackTony wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:23 pm It’s important to distinguish between activity in specific criminal activity and membership. As a member, one can live remotely, one can be “retired” from an active leadership role in the organization, and one can be totally uninvolved in organized criminal rackets. But a member is always a member,
This is exactly correct, people have trouble separating criminal activity from membership.
B. wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:40 pm Listen to Scootch about these things. He has a great understanding of the protocol, rules, and social dynamics of the mafia.
I appreciate the kind words.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Based on what Pennisi has shared, even shelved members have continued to socialize with members, Frank Lastorino and the guy he met at Dom Truscello's house being examples. We also have that story about the shelved Colombo member who still attended a wedding (or was it funeral?) attended by a bunch of members. Obviously it depends on why they are shelved and they now have strict limitations placed on them either way, their membership not being recognized, but this is still the world they live in.

Sal Vitale said guys can be shelved and still keep their title in the Family which threw me for a loop. I don't know of any examples where a captain or admin member is shelved and keeps his rank but Vitale made it a point of saying that happens. Vitale himself was sort of an example though I don't think he was officially shelved. Many sources have said being shelved is often temporary so that is probably a factor. Some guys of course are permanently shelved.