Chicago Outfit Boss Succession (1986-2010)

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

PolackTony
Filthy Few

Re: Chicago Outfit Boss Succession (1986-2010)

Post by PolackTony »

Patrickgold wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:44 pm Is 1986 the official year Carlisi was made boss? The reason I ask bc I was recently told by an old member of his crew that he was boss before that, maybe 1983 or 1984 which would make sense considering the strawman case had Joey O tied up with the indictment.
The FBI didn’t even list Carlisi as made until after he was already official boss. They probably were aware of him but clearly didn’t have a source to list him as a member.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Blunts
Straightened out

Post by Blunts »

PolackTony wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:44 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:44 pm Is 1986 the official year Carlisi was made boss? The reason I ask bc I was recently told by an old member of his crew that he was boss before that, maybe 1983 or 1984 which would make sense considering the strawman case had Joey O tied up with the indictment.
The FBI didn’t even list Carlisi as made until after he was already official boss. They probably were aware of him but clearly didn’t have a source to list him as a member.
That's like ultimate gangster achievement right there. Reach the rank of Boss without the Feds even having you listed as made. Low key as fuck.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

I suppose he could have been acting since Joey was indicted. The Strawman indictments came out very close the 1983 ceremony (either right before or right after) and Aiuppa was there. I can definitely see him handling some of his business while Aiuppa and Cerone were tied up in legal stuff.