Joey Merlino is back in town

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Cheech
Full Patched

Re: Joey Merlino is back in town

Post by Cheech »

Hes been followed around for years by george and dave. They made a career out of it. We all watched. Im sure he said fuck it ill make my own. Some of you guys are offended like youre in the mob too lmao. Its more content for ppl like us. I dont know how you dont sunscribe.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

bluehouse wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:37 am
newera_212 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:51 pm Also what Merlino and the co-host do for Vets is highly commendable. That goes without saying and like another poster in this thread mentioned, anybody out there should respect that no matter what you feel for the guy.
lets be real here noone gives a fuck about the vets or the kids people are watching joey in the hope he gives stories about his mob career
lol, not going to disagree with that

What's crazy are the commentors. I saw the same type of comments for Pennisi, Cicale, Calandra, etc. when they started cranking out videos. A large amount of gushing, glowing comments, sometimes coupled with people's own personal anecdotes on them growing up in X location so they know guys like Merlino, or them being in proximity to some random LCN guy once upon a time; "the shop steward at my grandfather's local was an associate, he was a stand up guy, he would have loved you Joey!" , "my uncle grew up in South Philly and remembers seeing you guys around!" The best are the overseas fanboys too - "greetings from Manchester UK! Ever have any run-ins with the Noonan gang? Next time you're in England let me know"

The next affiliated or made guy to come on board with a Youtube channel is guaranteed to have the same exact comments. My only LCN "circle" is literally this board, so I didn't know there were so many people out there like that. There seems to be a lot. It's nuts.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

newera_212 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:46 am
bluehouse wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:37 am
newera_212 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:51 pm Also what Merlino and the co-host do for Vets is highly commendable. That goes without saying and like another poster in this thread mentioned, anybody out there should respect that no matter what you feel for the guy.
lets be real here noone gives a fuck about the vets or the kids people are watching joey in the hope he gives stories about his mob career
lol, not going to disagree with that

What's crazy are the commentors. I saw the same type of comments for Pennisi, Cicale, Calandra, etc. when they started cranking out videos. A large amount of gushing, glowing comments, sometimes coupled with people's own personal anecdotes on them growing up in X location so they know guys like Merlino, or them being in proximity to some random LCN guy once upon a time; "the shop steward at my grandfather's local was an associate, he was a stand up guy, he would have loved you Joey!" , "my uncle grew up in South Philly and remembers seeing you guys around!" The best are the overseas fanboys too - "greetings from Manchester UK! Ever have any run-ins with the Noonan gang? Next time you're in England let me know"

The next affiliated or made guy to come on board with a Youtube channel is guaranteed to have the same exact comments. My only LCN "circle" is literally this board, so I didn't know there were so many people out there like that. There seems to be a lot. It's nuts.

Ya its hysterical. All this stuff is great. I find it all hilarious. It’s entertaining to me. The guys taking it serious make it all worth it.
How about the guys here. Look at some of the comments. He’s a disgrace. No way he's boss.
It’s the best. I love it all.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Cheech wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:51 am

Ya its hysterical. All this stuff is great. I find it all hilarious. It’s entertaining to me. The guys taking it serious make it all worth it.
How about the guys here. Look at some of the comments. He’s a disgrace. No way he's boss.
Definitely entertaining. I could see why some posters feel that way but frankly it's a little antiquated. Merlino's always been an unorthodox guy. This isn't out of bounds for him to still be the titular / ultimate head of the family, collect money from select people while living in Florida, and hop on a modern day hustle - while drumming up good favor and getting a fanbase (although I don't think he really cares about that, wouldn't surprise me if he saw all of his fans as marks). If anyone thought he was the boss the last 10'ish years from Florida with a very hands off approach, this really isn't any different, especially since he's been running social media accounts for himself for a long time.

How long do you think it takes before him and Lil Snuff have a falling out? You know there's eventually going to be a money dispute or something down the road...
AntComello
Full Patched

Post by AntComello »

newera_212 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:08 am

Definitely entertaining. I could see why some posters feel that way but frankly it's a little antiquated. Merlino's always been an unorthodox guy. This isn't out of bounds for him to still be the titular / ultimate head of the family, collect money from select people while living in Florida, and hop on a modern day hustle - while drumming up good favor and getting a fanbase (although I don't think he really cares about that, wouldn't surprise me if he saw all of his fans as marks). If anyone thought he was the boss the last 10'ish years from Florida with a very hands off approach, this really isn't any different, especially since he's been running social media accounts for himself for a long time.

How long do you think it takes before him and Lil Snuff have a falling out? You know there's eventually going to be a money dispute or something down the road...
Does anyone know what the connection is between Joey and snuff? Besides both them being from south Philly. Seems pretty random unless there’s another connection.
That’s the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The guy I’m going to hell for.
outfit guy
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by outfit guy »

I have the current episode on mute as it's over 30 minutes with someone I don't care. They need stick with sports, the streets, food, gambling and partying - That's It! I'll be cancelling Patreon if it doesn't get better than this.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

AntComello wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:22 am

Does anyone know what the connection is between Joey and snuff? Besides both them being from south Philly. Seems pretty random unless there’s another connection.
I think in one of the episodes it mentions he knew his father and was friends with him.
Blunts
Straightened out

Post by Blunts »

outfit guy wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:38 pm I have the current episode on mute as it's over 30 minutes with someone I don't care. They need stick with sports, the streets, food, gambling and partying - That's It! I'll be cancelling Patreon if it doesn't get better than this.
You think you can just stop kicking up? :lol:
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Patrickgold wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:29 pm
AntComello wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:22 am

I think in one of the episodes it mentions he knew his father and was friends with him.

Ya its Snuffs father.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

outfit guy wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:38 pm I have the current episode on mute as it's over 30 minutes with someone I don't care. They need stick with sports, the streets, food, gambling and partying - That's It! I'll be cancelling Patreon if it doesn't get better than this.
I think this one was already in the can. Its free on youtube, too.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

LMAO. I think I'll take your word on this one, because the episodes with guest appearances have not been my favorite, to say the least. The Ric Flair episode was painful to the point that I had to stick the entire thing out just to see where it would end up. I think Joey and the co-host are great together on camera, but both of them looked way over their head on that Flair episode and Joey left Snuff out hanging in the wind to man the show.

I said before this show dropped that the world doesn't need another sports picking show. But, I was wrong. Now I'm going to say the world doesn't need any more interview format podcasts. Fuck that. Unless they are interviewing Lutz or some random character from the neighborhood. If I wanted to hear what Flair has to say I'd go hunt down a shoot interview or something. The guy acted like half a hostage during that episode. Very uncomfortable.
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

merlino is an insipid vapid guy that is so boring i cannot ifnish one epidsode. no personality
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
sharpieone
Straightened out

Post by sharpieone »

The idea that If he’s not boss that he’s still getting an envelope is preposterous. In ny back in the day? Maybe. Old ny guys earned a lot and if the boss was in the city, pulling strings, using connections, acting as a lightening rod, I could see it. Same with an incarcerated member. Merlino is none of those things. In fact the opposite of a lightening rod. His whole existence now is “look elsewhere, couldn’t be me.”

Philly has so few rackets less. You think guys who risk going to jail by shaking down junkies In AC are really going to kick up enough for a “street boss” and then whatever Merlino is? Idc how cool he acts or charismatic he is — no one likes giving up money.

So whoever is street boss is supposed to call shots, risk being caught on a wire, and then give up a substantial sum to a guy who is out of custody, free to earn, but wants to complain on YouTube? Not how it works. I’m not saying whether he’s in or out. Who knows. But if he’s out, he’s out.
Blunts
Straightened out

Post by Blunts »

Envelopes are called "Patreon subscriptions" now. And he is about to get a bunch more.
outfit guy
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by outfit guy »

Blunts wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:43 am Envelopes are called "Patreon subscriptions" now. And he is about to get a bunch more.
Most all is true being written prior about Merlino. But he is "gangster" and as Unique Mecca (prison-tube) states: he's on Man Time. Joey is considered a Man by the toughest of convicts. Let's just concur on this and the guy would consider gossip ratting - which makes all of us rats. Let move on:

the Patreon can be great, If we get gangster and South Philly Joey telling street, women, gambling, gangster, food stories and reminiscing. Unique Mecca Audio does it.