THE MOST MOBBED-UP NEIGHBORHOODS?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

CornerBoy
Full Patched

Re: THE MOST MOBBED-UP NEIGHBORHOODS?

Post by CornerBoy »

PolackTony wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:07 pm
CornerBoy wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:55 am scootch-- i can only speak for Dyker and the Chinese that have moved in seem different from the Sunset Park Chinese. then again, i try not to go to BK. listening to jerkoffs brag about nonsense.i get nauseous every time i see the sign for 86th st on BQE. Seriously, it is pretty special at xmas time
There are big ethnic/cultural differences. The Chinese in Sunset are mostly Fujianese, from one of the poorest and most backward regions of China. Other Chinese look down on them and discriminate against them, which is why they moved into Sunset in the ‘80s as the Cantonese in Manhattan’s Chinatown often refused to rent to them (the number 8 is propitious for the Chinese, hence why they concentrated on 8th Ave).

While some of the Chinese in the neighborhoods to the South are upwardly mobile Fujianese, most of them are Cantonese (including people from Hong Kong, who have concentrated on Ave U by the Q train, as well as Bensonhurst).

Funny that a Chinese immigrant in Brooklyn once told me, in very broken English, that the Chinese admire Italians and aspire to live in Italian neighborhoods: “Chinese people, like Italian, very much! They like family, take care of neighborhood! Very good neighbor!”

Wow, Tony. i have no idea how yyou know this but thanks so much for imparting this. never wouldve garnered info like this if it weren't for you. WRITE A BOOK! obviously ppl from hk aree far diff from mainland in many ways but the rest i had no idea about. thx aggain.
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!