Gangland 12-7-2023

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Ivan
Full Patched

Re: Gangland 12-7-2023

Post by Ivan »

NJShore4Life wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:05 am Angelo Lutz’s family/ancestors changed/Americanized their last name to Lutz , I forget what it originally was…..
Luzzi
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Don Mosseria
Straightened out

Post by Don Mosseria »

Ivan wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:11 am
NJShore4Life wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:05 am Angelo Lutz’s family/ancestors changed/Americanized their last name to Lutz , I forget what it originally was…..
Luzzi
Ah, thanks fellas 👍
In any case, let Maranzano know that we in Chicago will wage war on him and, if necessary, we will also use airplanes. The means are ready
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Don Mosseria
Straightened out

Post by Don Mosseria »

Antiliar wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:10 pm Here's his family tree:

https://pauljgatto.tripod.com/luzzi_descendants.htm
Wow - that is deep and comprehensive! Many thanks 🙏
In any case, let Maranzano know that we in Chicago will wage war on him and, if necessary, we will also use airplanes. The means are ready
cobra
Straightened out

Post by cobra »

Don Mosseria wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:31 pm Yeah, I was already thinking after Ivan’s post that Ludovico, whilst in Italian form, is a very Central European/Austrian/German sounding name. Maybe I’m wrong and lots of Southern Italians have that name? But it makes me think of the likes of Ludwig van Beethoven performing for high society in Vienna.

I recently discovered via research on Ancestry.co.uk that I have a 6x Great Grandfather who was Northern Italian. Comite was the family name iirc, apparently meaning “from Como” or some such. I wonder if I am eligible for membership - haha 😂

I’ll have to read that article B. I was also meaning to say that your recent audio episode on Manfredi Mineo was brilliant! Really helped clarify some questions for me, even if a lot was clarifying what we don’t know!
- ludovico sansone brancaccio family
- in 2008 they try to make new palermo commission
- "uncle ludovico" boss brancaccio mandamento
Don Mosseria
Straightened out

Post by Don Mosseria »

Interesting - so at least some Ludovicos/Lodovicos down south. Probably common I guess. Thanks!