Gangland 12-7-2023

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

B.
Men Of Mayhem

Re: Gangland 12-7-2023

Post by B. »

johnny_scootch wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:47 am
B. wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:50 pm
Ed wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:12 am A NYPost article about Senter's release.

https://nypost.com/2023/12/09/news/gamb ... 4-release/

I didn't know this but Senter's Italian father anglicized the surname from "Sente" when he immigrated.
Good to know. Clears up any remaining confusion about him getting made.

Of course in Brooklyn I doubt anyone even considered that his name ended in an "R" unless they saw it written.
Everyone knew his name ended in R (obviously it's pronounced CENTER) but at the same time everyone also knew he was Italian. It wasn't a big mystery in the neighborhood like it was on the forums.
Yeah I was mainly kidding that the accent would turn it into "Senta".
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

"Sente" in Italians-in-Italy Italian would be pronounced something like "sayn-tay", right?
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Ivan wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:20 am "Sente" in Italians-in-Italy Italian would be pronounced something like "sayn-tay", right?
Like...... Clause?

Bwahahahhahahah ;)
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Blunts
Straightened out

Post by Blunts »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:51 am
NorthBuffalo wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:51 pm Who is that massive guy with Romanello paying at the bar before the altercation in the NYPost video? He is clearly with Rom and not sure why he wasn't the one doing the punching.
Celso. Made guy also convicted.
Also looks like he has dropped a shitload of weight since the were pinched. The latest photos of him coming out of court look like a different person. Rom did the punching because the guy told him he doesn't have the balls to punch him. Don't think he intended to do the hitting but he was insulted. This whole case is a joke. The guy got in to debt with the mafia what the fuck did he expect to happen when you don't pay.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Except the guy didn't get into debt with the mob.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

B. wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:49 am Yeah I was mainly kidding that the accent would turn it into "Senta".
I never thought about it like that, it could very well be true for some people.
Ivan wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:20 am "Sente" in Italians-in-Italy Italian would be pronounced something like "sayn-tay", right?
Sen-tay
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Blunts wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:39 pm The guy got in to debt with the mafia what the fuck did he expect to happen when you don't pay.
He didn’t! His nephew got into debt and he offered to pay the nephews 6k debt but Rom pushed it and tried to get him to pay for his nephews brother in laws 80k debt! Ridiculous and stupid I have no sympathy for them. That guy deserved the punch no doubt and probably much worse but they should have took the 6k and leaned on the right guy.
Buster123
Straightened out

Post by Buster123 »

Blunts wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:39 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:51 am
NorthBuffalo wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:51 pm Who is that massive guy with Romanello paying at the bar before the altercation in the NYPost video? He is clearly with Rom and not sure why he wasn't the one doing the punching.
Celso. Made guy also convicted.
Also looks like he has dropped a shitload of weight since the were pinched. The latest photos of him coming out of court look like a different person. Rom did the punching because the guy told him he doesn't have the balls to punch him. Don't think he intended to do the hitting but he was insulted. This whole case is a joke. The guy got in to debt with the mafia what the fuck did he expect to happen when you don't pay.
The big guy is not Celso
Blunts
Straightened out

Post by Blunts »

johnny_scootch wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:39 pm
Blunts wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:39 pm The guy got in to debt with the mafia what the fuck did he expect to happen when you don't pay.
He didn’t! His nephew got into debt and he offered to pay the nephews 6k debt but Rom pushed it and tried to get him to pay for his nephews brother in laws 80k debt! Ridiculous and stupid I have no sympathy for them. That guy deserved the punch no doubt and probably much worse but they should have took the 6k and leaned on the right guy.
The whole situation is stupid and could have been avoided. End result is that Rom will likely spend the last part of his life in the can for that fuck up.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

johnny_scootch wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:35 pm
B. wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:49 am Yeah I was mainly kidding that the accent would turn it into "Senta".
Sen-tay
I haven’t looked into Tony Senter’s genealogy in any detailed way, but I think the “Sente” thing is BS. “Sente” itself isn’t a surname in Italy. Wikipedia has Tony Senter’s parents has immigrants from Trentino-Alto Aldige way up in the Alps and claims that their surname was originally “Sente” (Wikipedia also had Greg Scarpa’s family as Northern, which is totally false as the Scarpas were Salernitan’). The Wikipedia entry of course has no citations for this so I don’t know what was the origin of the claim. I believe that the Post article linked above was probably just taking this from Wikipedia. There are no arrivals from the Trentino region that would seem to
match a “Michael Sente”, which is who Wikipedia claims was Tony Senter’s dad.

I’m pretty sure that the surname was actually Santoro.

Frank Anthony/Frank Michael Santoro/Senter was born in Brooklyn in 1924 to an Anthony Santoro and Mary Novelli (they in turn may have been from Bari, but I’m not 100% certain at the moment). I’d bet that he was either the father or uncle/other relative of Tony Senter:

Frank Senter’s brother James Santoro died in BK in 1987. Here’s his obit from the Daily News:

In 1967, the Canarsie Courier printed a story about the Leathernecks, a neighborhood cadet corps for youth aged 11 to 17. This should be 12-year-old Tony Senter here, and the Anthony Santoro also pictured was probably his cousin (note that James Santoro’s obit had him with two nephews named Anthony):

You’re from the neighborhood, Johnny, so maybe you have some personal insight into these names.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
AntComello
Full Patched

Post by AntComello »

PolackTony wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:25 pm
johnny_scootch wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:35 pm
Sen-tay
I haven’t looked into Tony Senter’s genealogy in any detailed way, but I think the “Sente” thing is BS. “Sente” itself isn’t a surname in Italy. Wikipedia has Tony Senter’s parents has immigrants from Trentino-Alto Aldige way up in the Alps and claims that their surname was originally “Sente” (Wikipedia also had Greg Scarpa’s family as Northern, which is totally false as the Scarpas were Salernitan’). The Wikipedia entry of course has no citations for this so I don’t know what was the origin of the claim. I believe that the Post article linked above was probably just taking this from Wikipedia. There are no arrivals from the Trentino region that would seem to
match a “Michael Sente”, which is who Wikipedia claims was Tony Senter’s dad.

I’m pretty sure that the surname was actually Santoro.

Frank Anthony/Frank Michael Santoro/Senter was born in Brooklyn in 1924 to an Anthony Santoro and Mary Novelli (they in turn may have been from Bari, but I’m not 100% certain at the moment). I’d bet that he was either the father or uncle/other relative of Tony Senter:

Frank Senter’s brother James Santoro died in BK in 1987. Here’s his obit from the Daily News:

In 1967, the Canarsie Courier printed a story about the Leathernecks, a neighborhood cadet corps for youth aged 11 to 17. This should be 12-year-old Tony Senter here, and the Anthony Santoro also pictured was probably his cousin (note that James Santoro’s obit had him with two nephews named Anthony):

You’re from the neighborhood, Johnny, so maybe you have some personal insight into these names.
You just blew my mind lol how tf do u find this stuff out 😂
That’s the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The guy I’m going to hell for.
Ed
Straightened out

Post by Ed »

Excellent research and a great photo of a young Tony in the cadets. Talk about the road not taken.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

freakishly good research Tony
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

PolackTony wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:25 pm

Tony you're a fucking wizard when it comes to research, kudos. Our Lady of Miracles brings back memories it's where I made my first Holy Communion. I played a lot of roller hockey at ps 114 park with a set of twin Senters. I always thought they were nephews of Anthony but it's possible they were younger cousins of his. They knew who I was with and I knew who they were with but we never really spoke on it, it was always about the hockey. You could very well be right about Senter/Santoro thing unfortunately I don't have any info to add.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Tony exposing the fake news. Makes sense that "Senter" comes from Santoro.