General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

PolackTony
Filthy Few

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by PolackTony »

As a follow-up to the above, Mervyn Dukatt was indicted in 1987 for bribing cops inspecting his business. He was caught up in Operation Phocus, a Federal investigation of corruption in City licensing (vending machines, liquor, boat owners at the marinas etc etc) and zoning permits, where licensees were paying off the cops tasked with conducting the licensing inspections and City officials, including in the Parks and Harbors departments, were shaking citizens and businesses down for various licensing and zoning privileges.

In 1989, Dukatt was in hot water for not paying employees at the 12 Duk's locations. I knew there were a few around, but had no idea that he had 12 of them. If he was this big and clearly was a significant player with the coin-operated machines, no way was he not connected in some way, at least at the level of having to pay street tax to someone for protection.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Yep closing after selling to someone who plans to remodel and reopen as another hot dog joint supposedly. Not sure if he finally died, but as of a few years ago the “unnamed owner” was still being talked about in the present tense by the ladies working there. Probably not a terrible thing, although it was nice nostalgia going in it was pretty gross inside. Nice to get a meal for me and my wife for ten bucks tho.

Incidentally I don’t remember if I’ve said it but the old school comedian Tom dreesen is from Chicago heights and his family ran a tavern. He tells a story about how babe tuffanelli made them rent their juke boxes from them.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

I think the famous question "What DO women want?" was inspired by this sort of thing. I can't imagine getting all smitten over Momo like this. I mean he wasn't even handsome. I sort of get maybe power being an aphrodisiac, but other than that, totally drawing a blank here.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/2onr0nIHhns
Instagram-loving wiseguy of the blood-drenched Boardwalk Syndicate
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Happy thanksgiving BH Team Outfit crew
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

funkster wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:11 am Happy thanksgiving BH Team Outfit crew
Happy T’anksgivin’ to all youse guys and all ah youse in Chicawguhlan’! Have some extra mostacciol’ for me.

cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

PolackTony wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:24 pm
Happy T’anksgivin’ to all youse guys and all ah youse in Chicawguhlan’! Have some extra mostacciol’ for me.

Can't go wrong with a little espresso either
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

PolackTony wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:24 pm

Lol definitely appreciate you guys, my family and friends get sick of hearing about the mafia :D
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Watching ABC 7 and just saw that Joe da Shark got slapped with a 6 month suspension from Federal court for unspecified instances of misconduct.

https://abc7chicago.com/chicago-mob-jos ... /14118380/
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Talking too much about King Rudy on social media
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

PolackTony wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:58 pm As a follow-up to the above, Mervyn Dukatt was indicted in 1987 for bribing cops inspecting his business. He was caught up in Operation Phocus, a Federal investigation of corruption in City licensing (vending machines, liquor, boat owners at the marinas etc etc) and zoning permits, where licensees were paying off the cops tasked with conducting the licensing inspections and City officials, including in the Parks and Harbors departments, were shaking citizens and businesses down for various licensing and zoning privileges.

In 1989, Dukatt was in hot water for not paying employees at the 12 Duk's locations. I knew there were a few around, but had no idea that he had 12 of them. If he was this big and clearly was a significant player with the coin-operated machines, no way was he not connected in some way, at least at the level of having to pay street tax to someone for protection.
Missed this post somehow, but that was exactly my thought as well. As of a few years back the ladies working there said he was living in suburbs and preferred to lay low, not sure if he's died recently and thats the reason for the sale or if he is just done with it. I know he's got a son involved in the business.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

The Cicero crew
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Patrickgold wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:15 am The Cicero crew
Carparelli always looks so fucking happy when he's in cartoon-gangster mode with the cigar hahaha I love it. :lol:

I recognize Paulie and Gigi, who are the other two?

I gotta check out Gigi's place next time I'm in town just as a bucket list thing. I bet there are all sorts of mob nerds there every weekend checking the place out hoping to see someone. :)
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Ivan wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:31 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:15 am The Cicero crew
Carparelli always looks so fucking happy when he's in cartoon-gangster mode with the cigar hahaha I love it. :lol:

I recognize Paulie and Gigi, who are the other two?

I gotta check out Gigi's place next time I'm in town just as a bucket list thing. I bet there are all sorts of mob nerds there every weekend checking the place out hoping to see someone. :)
The guy seated is Louie Rainone, *allegedly* the current Cicero capo.

Not sure about the other guy. I was thinking maybe Joe Guarino, but I could be off.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

PolackTony wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:40 pm The guy seated is Louie Rainone, *allegedly* the current Cicero capo.
Thanks Tony.

Did you see the Scott article a while back where Rainone chewed him out for reporting on him as an Outfit boss?

Here's what he told Scott, from the GR site: “Fake news, you guys are the CNN of this stuff. Go check your sources, show me one photo, one surveillance report of me meeting with any of those old-time Mustache Petes. You won’t be able to, because there aren’t any.” :lol:
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Wasn't his father the informant Mario?