How are the Colombos viewed by other mafia families?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

newera_212
Full Patched

Re: How are the Colombos viewed by other mafia families?

Post by newera_212 »

Chin could have said that not out of principal, but specifically because it was a Gotti son. As in "I'm sorry to hear there will be another Gotti in the mix" or maybe even "I know of your son being a stunad, so I'm sorry to hear he'll have a position now"
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Post by furiofromnaples »

Gigante was a hypocrite.The children he had had with his goomar were instead made into the family.
And was their arrogance towards George Barone,that led to shelving of Barone and his decision to flip.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

moneyman wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:21 am
johnny_scootch wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:47 am
moneyman wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:39 am The common myth "the Genovese don't allow their sons to made - that's why they are so smart and powerful" can be disproven even within the Genovese (Larcas, Esposito, etc.)
This is a common myth?

I may have heard one or twice the Genovese don’t usually make their sons on same scale as some other families but that being the reason they’re ‘smart and powerful’ is just ridiculous. Who has said this?
If I remember right this was originally mentioned by Gravano in his book, also mentioned in Five Families from Raab, and recently in Gravano's podcast.

But neither Mr. Gravano nor most of the other mobsters were really delighted with the lives they had chosen. Of the most important meeting he ever attended, among the bosses of the various New York crime families -- including Vincent (the Chin) Gigante, who was supposed to be too mentally deranged to find his way there, but somehow did -- Mr. Gravano tells us: ''One thing I'll never forget from that meeting was John telling Chin in sort of a proud way that his son, John Jr., had just been made. Instead of congratulating him, Chin said, 'Jeez, I'm sorry to hear that.' We were a little shocked by this, but Chin was right. Paul Castellano didn't want his kids in the life. None of Chin's sons were made. I myself would be dead set against it. I wanted my son to be legitimate, to have nothing to do with what I did. So here was Chin, who's supposed to be crazy, saying who in their right mind wanted their son to be made? And there was John boasting about it. Who was really crazy?''
Yes, I’m familiar with this paragraph but because Chin didn’t do it (even tho he actually did) it doesn’t make it a ‘common myth’ that the whole Genovese family doesn’t do it and it especially doesn’t equate to being ‘smart and powerful’. I don’t mean to be breaking your balls I just never heard anyone say what you said the way you said it so I questioned it.

I’m sure if we looked at the actual numbers the Genovese family straighten out their kids just as much as any other family save maybe the Colombo family.

This reminds me of the Jaguar bug conversation between Tony Ducks and Sal Avellino where one of them comments that the Colombo’s make all their sons and that if they (Corallo and Avellino) didn’t want that for their kids they must think ‘the life’ is for the birds.
AntComello
Full Patched

Post by AntComello »

Sammy saying that he would be dead against making his son or having him in the life but instead he gets him involved in drug dealing and gets sent to prison lol nice one Sammy
That’s the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The guy I’m going to hell for.