Heroin using made men

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

chubby
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Heroin using made men

Post by chubby »

mr white wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:20 pm As for Patriarca made men/dangerous guys using heroin, I would have thought the Rossettis and crew/East Boston would have gotten first mention...fighting the war, outpost in enemy turf, shooting heroin...I'm not sure when the heroin began, maybe years later after the war...seems like probably but who knows...maybe someone here knows more? Angelesca had dabbled in later years but I never heard him called a junkie except on this board. Lines of coke are basically accepted in Boston for 40-50 years and there doesnt seem to be any real oldtimer anti-drug culture here...
Ya Rossetti was a dope shooter... and I’ve heard angelesco and giangrande were far from dabblers... like I said I heard when billy was locked up in Shirley I think it was that he had his little squad dragging 20 bags of commissary to the blacks or whoever to trade for dope and he was smoking crack out of a dried out chicken bone while locked up.. his f Hes doing that inside I could only imagine what he was doing in the streets . I give him props though for taking sentences on the chin and kicking in jail...
mr white
Straightened out

Post by mr white »

chubby wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:56 pm
mr white wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:20 pm As for Patriarca made men/dangerous guys using heroin, I would have thought the Rossettis and crew/East Boston would have gotten first mention...fighting the war, outpost in enemy turf, shooting heroin...I'm not sure when the heroin began, maybe years later after the war...seems like probably but who knows...maybe someone here knows more? Angelesca had dabbled in later years but I never heard him called a junkie except on this board. Lines of coke are basically accepted in Boston for 40-50 years and there doesnt seem to be any real oldtimer anti-drug culture here...
Ya Rossetti was a dope shooter... and I’ve heard angelesco and giangrande were far from dabblers... like I said I heard when billy was locked up in Shirley I think it was that he had his little squad dragging 20 bags of commissary to the blacks or whoever to trade for dope and he was smoking crack out of a dried out chicken bone while locked up.. his f Hes doing that inside I could only imagine what he was doing in the streets . I give him props though for taking sentences on the chin and kicking in jail...
It might all be true. I dont know. Times can change. When Angelesco was running around just north of the city from the late 90's to 2010 at least I dont think it was true. After that who knows...sounds like you might, Chubby, so i dont dismiss it. Guy was scary as fuck. You ever meet him?
Ed
Straightened out

Post by Ed »

SF/Colombo member Sebastian Nani was allegedly a heroin addict. As was his associate Pasquale Sircausa.
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:26 am So i was reading LCN blog spot and it says how (i believe a elder Asaro) owned a Methadone clinic somewhere south where SEVERAL bonanno members went to "dry out".

So im wondering - how often were MADE men actually doing heroin??

Jerry Asaro is a past fiend i belive.

And ik Meyer Lansky after his kid died he got addictd to heroin and luciano helped get him off
Jerry’s dad, Vinny was a junkie long time ago and switched to booze and gambling millions away.
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
russ123_
Associate

Post by russ123_ »

I've mentioned on another thread I'm a recovering addict who used to watch peter zuccarro pop pimples with his heroin needle. 35 years later I've still never met anyone who could handle withdrawal like a man. Je was clean by the time he flipped. Coke is not physically addocting and usually doesn't turn u I to an untrustworthy weasel like opiates does. I was fine doing some lines , managing bars, but as soon as I got into opiates I lost everything including the respect I once had in my neighborhood