Joey Merlino is back in town

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Tonyd621
Full Patched

Re: Joey Merlino is back in town

Post by Tonyd621 »

bluehouse wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:50 am
Tonyd621 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:09 am No one is going to take him seriously anymore. Everyone who does a podcast was an informant. He is the only "active" guy to be doing this...unless I'm missing someone.
I honestly believe this is the new thing now.Alot of active guys will start doing this in the future i think by 2025 we will have NY guys doing this..Greg Scarpa did interviews and this was in the early 90s if it was today i defiantly see Greg Scarpa doing podcasts and appearing on Vlad.It technically has started with NY guys Benny Gerantano has done a few interviews from prison and hes a non rat.
Technically, Greg Scarpa was an informant. He also got on the news because he got aids from the hospital from a needle, I think. Benny Geritano is not made and he was once accused of playing Russian roulette with his ex girlfriend and a 4 year old kid.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

It doesn't mean you are not right. It could be the new thing. But any made guy worth their salt and honors that life is not going to do this.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Sonny Franzese did several interviews before he died and Mike Magnafichi used to do podcasts with Joe Fosco, plus one with the Chicago Sun-Times.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Antiliar wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:12 am Sonny Franzese did several interviews before he died and Mike Magnafichi used to do podcasts with Joe Fosco, plus one with the Chicago Sun-Times.
Sonny Franzese was like a 196 years old. He didn't even know his own name. Michael Magnafichi was out of the life or not allowed back in. I know of like one interview Sonny Franzese did.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Tonyd621 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:25 am
Antiliar wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:12 am Sonny Franzese did several interviews before he died and Mike Magnafichi used to do podcasts with Joe Fosco, plus one with the Chicago Sun-Times.
Sonny Franzese was like a 196 years old. He didn't even know his own name. Michael Magnafichi was out of the life or not allowed back in. I know of like one interview Sonny Franzese did.
You're right that they weren't active, but they weren't testifying witnesses either so they aren't in same category as Gravano et al. Another one who made videos was Tommy Shots Gioeli, and he was definitely an active member at the time. Hell, Joe Colombo himself used to go on the Dick Cavett Show.
sisterray
Straightened out

Post by sisterray »

It’s the same thing as former outlaws of the wild west publishing memoirs of their exploits or doing travelling shows at the beginning of the 20th century. The lifestyle of a violent career criminal is falling into obscurity.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Hes on live right now. He makes a lot of good points lol. Its gold
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Apples and bowling balls. This guy is a sitting boss allegedly.
Dr031718
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dr031718 »

On his live YouTube Joey says Joe Massino died a few days ago
Last edited by Dr031718 on Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Cheech wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:13 pm
Made guys who never turned states evidence doing podcasts. Same thing. Merlino just has a higher rank. So smaller apples and a big apple.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Oh wow, guess no podcast for Massino.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Antiliar wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:25 pm
Cheech wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:13 pm
Made guys who never turned states evidence doing podcasts. Same thing. Merlino just has a higher rank. So smaller apples and a big apple.
I very rarely agree with anything you post so at least this is consistent. I like consistency
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

newera_212 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:45 am
Hired_Goonz wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:00 am I swear some times I look around and feel like I ended up on a Bizarro world, or entered into another timeline or something. There is just so much insane shit happening that would have been unthinkable not that long ago. Drag queen performances for kindergarten-age children. The Republican frontrunner for the next presidential election has multiple criminal cases against him and it hasn't affected his popularity. And now a sitting mob boss has a freakin podcast! What's next??
Yup, it's kind of fucked up when you think about it. Nothing is surprising anymore. On top of what you just mentioned, some other good examples are Guiliani getting hit with a RICO, and OJ Simpson being a NFL analyst on a sports Podcast . There's some new crazy thing every day. The fuckery never ends

With that said I like this Merlino podcast. Merlino is pretty sharp and witty and the best part is, his facial expression never changes when he's telling a joke.
Its lowkey the best part for sure.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Ok, I've seen Mikey Scars talk about this but now i have to listen for myself. Is it on apple podcasts?
Beatty
Straightened out

Post by Beatty »

Joey just went live on YouTube look it up