Joey Merlino is back in town

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

jmack
Straightened out

Re: Joey Merlino is back in town

Post by jmack »

moneyman wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:17 am He is trying to make money with this, which makes me think he is short on cash...

I'd bet the farm he is still boss, the money he is getting kicked up to him just isn't what it once was.

Did that guy Stanley Stein pass away?
Stein died in 2022 I believe. I think Joey is still boss for sure, but how much could he really be receiving? I think it’s interesting that if he’s really broke, he could wind up in South Philly again. His earnings would certainly be higher but he’d also be taking a huge risk to exposure there.
NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Post by NorthBuffalo »

I have to assume after the podcast, this guy is done being seen with guys from other families in NYC and Florida. They won't go near him.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

NorthBuffalo wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:40 am I have to assume after the podcast, this guy is done being seen with guys from other families in NYC and Florida. They won't go near him.
One would assume as much but that's an old way of thinking, it's a new day. Some of his friends might shy away from him but I don't believe it will matter to most.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Maybe he will have a large enough following if he does thing long enough, but to make podcasting/Youtubing worth it financially, you have to have a ridiculous amount of followers and/or views, but most of the financial gain is made through ads.

My inclination is that he gets tired of doing it and stops after a couple months, but who knows
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

My two bits

1. Still boss for sure. His ego would never let him not be. He and his friends fought and were murdered and did the murdering for it.
2. This continues with his explanation that hes a gambler and not a mobster. Helps for future indictments
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Hired_Goonz wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:00 am I swear some times I look around and feel like I ended up on a Bizarro world, or entered into another timeline or something. There is just so much insane shit happening that would have been unthinkable not that long ago. Drag queen performances for kindergarten-age children. The Republican frontrunner for the next presidential election has multiple criminal cases against him and it hasn't affected his popularity. And now a sitting mob boss has a freakin podcast! What's next??
Yup, it's kind of fucked up when you think about it. Nothing is surprising anymore. On top of what you just mentioned, some other good examples are Guiliani getting hit with a RICO, and OJ Simpson being a NFL analyst on a sports Podcast . There's some new crazy thing every day. The fuckery never ends

With that said I like this Merlino podcast. Merlino is pretty sharp and witty and the best part is, his facial expression never changes when he's telling a joke.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

The guy doing the podcast is probably more interesting then the content. That is why people will tune in
moneyman
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by moneyman »

Dave Schratwieser on Philly Prime Podcast saying he is getting 6 figures for this.. wow
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

moneyman wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:38 am Dave Schratwieser on Philly Prime Podcast saying he is getting 6 figures for this.. wow
Makes sense. Don't think he'd have any incentive to do it otherwise.
All roads lead to New York.
Stopflexing
Straightened out

Post by Stopflexing »

It was definitely entertaining. Joey is a character and has a magnetic personality and that’s why it’ll do good.

Is it crazy he’s doing a podcast? Maybe, but all the geeks crying about a boss doing a podcast really need to get out in the real world
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Stopflexing wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:36 pm It was definitely entertaining. Joey is a character and has a magnetic personality and that’s why it’ll do good.

Is it crazy he’s doing a podcast? Maybe, but all the geeks crying about a boss doing a podcast really need to get out in the real world
Yeah, it's 2023. How many charismatic guys from the 1950s would have done this if social media was around back then? I'd wager at least a couple. Joe Colombo would have had the anti-defamation league on Spotify in the 60s.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Stopflexing wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:36 pm It was definitely entertaining. Joey is a character and has a magnetic personality and that’s why it’ll do good.

100%
stubbs
Straightened out

Post by stubbs »

Cheech wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:32 am My two bits

1. Still boss for sure. His ego would never let him not be. He and his friends fought and were murdered and did the murdering for it.
2. This continues with his explanation that hes a gambler and not a mobster. Helps for future indictments
Exactly Cheech. If he is still involved, it’s a great strategy to convince people otherwise, i.e. acting like he’s no longer invovled and is retired.

The feds won’t buy it, but he only need to sow enough doubt to convince a juror or two to have his next trial declared a mistrial.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Mayo face saying they got the american football picks wrong lol no fucker is gonna actually tune in forthe picks anyway. Also said he’s been told by ‘sources’ that members of the Genovese and Gambino families aren’t happy
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

moneyman wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:38 am Dave Schratwieser on Philly Prime Podcast saying he is getting 6 figures for this.. wow
From who? Who sponsored that? I can't imagine joey Merlino doing "this is brought to you by manscape"