Places with the highest chance to encounter a Mobster

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Re: Places with the highest chance to encounter a Mobster

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Ivan wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:17 pm
NJShore4Life wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:49 pm However, Toms River is beginning to change rapidly and will be unrecognizable in ten years because all the Hasidics/Orthodox Jews are starting to move in. They already completely took over the areas of Toms River that are close to the border with Lakewood and now they’re starting to slowly move into the areas of Eastern Toms River by the water where all the Italians have always been
You know they have like 3+ times as many kids as the average in America, too, and are multiplying like crazy right?

Among the "Ultra-Orthodox", the average is like 7 kids per family.

They are projected to totally take over Israel in the coming decades just by sheer breeding volume (seriously!). :lol:
Demographics determine society. Look at, erm..... Detroit, Baltimore...
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

NJShore4Life wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:49 pm
peteyboxcars wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:56 am Toms River , Brick Twp , Florham Park and East Hanover. lol
At this point it feels like the whole entire DeCavalante Family lives in Toms River.

It all seriousness though there’s probably about 10-12 Decavs in TR, I grew up with a lot of their sons/daughters. The whole Peterstown Section (Mainly Sicilian Neighborhood) of Elizabeth has basically moved to Toms River.

Pino Schifilitti lives down the street from me, I see him everyday when I am out walking my dog. He is a friendly, little old Italian man who still has an Accent from the Old Country, loves my dog and always asks to pet him on our walks. Pino’s wife was able to keep the house all those years Pino was away, he did a LONG bid away. People in the neighborhood looked out for and helped his wife while he was away all those years.

Andy Merola owns a spectacular Italian Deli in town on Fischer Blvd called Mid-Shore Meats that I shop at almost every other day, Ive seen him a lot around town since he got out of his long bid. We have mutual friends/acquaintances and I’ve actually gotten to know him a little since his release - Great Guy and really hit the ground running since he got out , he owns a home right on the water in Toms River and his son is wrestling D1 at an Ivy League School. I wouldn’t mess with Andy , definitely a tough guy who can handle himself. He likes to go out for drinks on the weekend at Hemmingways in Seaside which is owned by the Craparottas, I grew up and attended school with them.

Scoops and Big Lou both have Summer Shore houses in Toms River not too far from me. Scoops is a multi millionaire so he has many properties he owns to spend his time at , usually only down here at the Jersey Shore in the Summertime same thing for Big Lou.

Joe Perna has a house in TR right before the bridge which is where in the Operation Heat indictment they held the making ceremony at.

You really only see the Perna’s down here in the Summer, I’ve met John a few times when he was a student at Seton Hall and then about 13 years ago I spent an entire weekend of debauchery with him when I went on a bachelor party to AC with him because my one older buddy was in his Frat at Seton Hall with all the other Sons who’s Fathers were in the Life that all attended Seton Hall together around the same time late 1990s/early 2000s. Those were some crazy times.

Johnny is the scariest, toughest, craziest mother fucker I’ve ever met but I haven’t seen him in 13 years so I would imagine he mellowed a bit plus he eventually got straightened out.

However, Toms River is beginning to change rapidly and will be unrecognizable in ten years because all the Hasidics/Orthodox Jews are starting to move in.

They already completely took over the areas of Toms River that are close to the border with Lakewood and now they’re starting to slowly move into the areas of Eastern Toms River by the water where all the Italians have always been. With them of course comes run down homes, houses that they rent out as slumlords, the public school system ruined, and all the shithole discount merchants/stores that cater to them popping up. It’s the beginning of the end unfortunately…..

-Dante
Do you know Justin Cerasoli?
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

peteyboxcars wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:56 am Toms River , Brick Twp , Florham Park and East Hanover. lol
At this point it feels like the whole entire DeCavalante Family lives in Toms River.

It all seriousness though there’s probably about 10-12 Decavs in TR, I grew up with a lot of their sons/daughters. The whole Peterstown Section (Mainly Sicilian Neighborhood) of Elizabeth has basically moved to Toms River.

Pino Schifilitti lives down the street from me, I see him everyday when I am out walking my dog. He is a friendly, little old Italian man who still has an Accent from the Old Country, loves my dog and always asks to pet him on our walks. Pino’s wife was able to keep the house all those years Pino was away, he did a LONG bid away. People in the neighborhood looked out for and helped his wife while he was away all those years.

Andy Merola owns a spectacular Italian Deli in town on Fischer Blvd called Mid-Shore Meats that I shop at almost every other day, Ive seen him a lot around town since he got out of his long bid. We have mutual friends/acquaintances and I’ve actually gotten to know him a little since his release - Great Guy and really hit the ground running since he got out , he owns a home right on the water in Toms River and his son is wrestling D1 at an Ivy League School. I wouldn’t mess with Andy , definitely a tough guy who can handle himself. He likes to go out for drinks on the weekend at Hemmingways in Seaside which is owned by the Craparottas, I grew up and attended school with them.

Scoops and Big Lou both have Summer Shore houses in Toms River not too far from me. Scoops is a multi millionaire so he has many properties he owns to spend his time at , usually only down here at the Jersey Shore in the Summertime same thing for Big Lou.

Joe Perna has a house in TR right before the bridge which is where in the Operation Heat indictment they held the making ceremony at.

You really only see the Perna’s down here in the Summer, I’ve met John a few times when he was a student at Seton Hall and then about 13 years ago I spent an entire weekend of debauchery with him when I went on a bachelor party to AC with him because my one older buddy was in his Frat at Seton Hall with all the other Sons who’s Fathers were in the Life that all attended Seton Hall together around the same time late 1990s/early 2000s. Those were some crazy times.

Johnny is the scariest, toughest, craziest mother fucker I’ve ever met but I haven’t seen him in 13 years so I would imagine he mellowed a bit plus he eventually got straightened out.

However, Toms River is beginning to change rapidly and will be unrecognizable in ten years because all the Hasidics/Orthodox Jews are starting to move in.

They already completely took over the areas of Toms River that are close to the border with Lakewood and now they’re starting to slowly move into the areas of Eastern Toms River by the water where all the Italians have always been. With them of course comes run down homes, houses that they rent out as slumlords, the public school system ruined, and all the shithole discount merchants/stores that cater to them popping up. It’s the beginning of the end unfortunately…..

-Dante
Wasn't he originally sentenced to life or multiple life sentences or something? Can you give me a back story on that a bit if you could. I am interested in hearing about it
LarryC
Straightened out

Post by LarryC »

DeFonte is also in Toms River.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Your mom's house.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

In the FBI building.
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

LarryC wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:10 pm DeFonte is also in Toms River.
Yeah Chris Cirri too, although I don’t even know what they both even look like and never hear about them around town, very low key guys I guess.

Although I heard they both live on or near the water in Toms River.

-Dante
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

I left out a big one that I totally forgot, Silvio DeVita Westside Capo has lived in Toms River forever. I’ve seen his house before, it is a gorgeous house right on the bay off Fischer Blvd. He has probably the perfect house right on the water I’ve ever seen, really nice.

Hes a Newark Area guy but commutes from the shore in Toms River.

If he’s still alive and kicking he’s gotta be well into his 90s , I haven’t heard much about him or seen him out around town in years, probably since I was a kid was the last time I saw him in person in town.

-Dante
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

CabriniGreen wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:55 am

-Dante
No I don’t know Justin and never even heard of him, I’m 38 years old. Could be because he’s a lot younger than me or a lot older than me, but Toms River is a pretty big town there’s like 100k people in it. But since I played Football, Basketball, and Baseball growing up I know a lot of people from all different sections and neighborhoods of TR through playing sports.

-Dante
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

Tonyd621 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:04 pm

-Dante
Wasn't he originally sentenced to life or multiple life sentences or something? Can you give me a back story on that a bit if you could. I am interested in hearing about it
Tony I don’t know the particulars with Pino’s case and I’m not going to bring it up to him when we briefly chat when I’m walking my dog and see him but I’ll tell you that he went away when I was about 18 years old and now I’m 38 years old and he just got out pretty recently. Like I previously said his wife was able to keep the house all those years and the neighbors would pitch in to help her out with shit around the house over the years.

I believe Pino was indicted with Jimmy Gumps Palermo who also lived in Toms River and owned Rockafellas in Ortley Beach, my buddy worked there as a busboy in HS and told me some crazy stories! My Moms Best friends son married Jimmy Gumps Daughter, I got to know them a little.

It’s funny, Pino went away when I was 18 years old and in HS as a pretty scary intimidating guy that I would never ever fuck with and he came back all these years later as a nice friendly little old man who has treats for my dog when we pass by him sitting outside his house on our walks and I’m almost pushing 40.

Time is marching on folks and won’t stop for nobody….

-Dante
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

NJShore4Life wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 4:04 am
CabriniGreen wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:55 am

-Dante
No I don’t know Justin and never even heard of him, I’m 38 years old. Could be because he’s a lot younger than me or a lot older than me, but Toms River is a pretty big town there’s like 100k people in it. But since I played Football, Basketball, and Baseball growing up I know a lot of people from all different sections and neighborhoods of TR through playing sports.

-Dante
Not a wiseguy. He was an All American hooper from Chicago who went to Seton Hall..... for how long I'm not sure... I know he ended up back home going to Loyola. I was just curious... I think you are the same age....
LarryC
Straightened out

Post by LarryC »

NJShore4Life wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:53 am
Yeah Chris Cirri too, although I don’t even know what they both even look like and never hear about them around town, very low key guys I guess.

-Dante
I bought Nick's boat from him in 2020. I don't know about Cirri, he's in Florida a lot. I know him, just not where he permanently resides.
They pled guilty to health fraud. His one son is in Staten Island, and the other, Philip, died of cancer several years ago.
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

LarryC wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 6:48 am
NJShore4Life wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:53 am

-Dante
I bought Nick's boat from him in 2020. I don't know about Cirri, he's in Florida a lot. I know him, just not where he permanently resides.
They pled guilty to health fraud. His one son is in Staten Island, and the other, Philip, died of cancer several years ago.
Nice! What kind of boat? You keep it in Toms River?

I have a 62Ft Viking that I split with two other friends, so I own a 1/3 of it. We keep it on the Manasquan River and not in TR on the water so we can get out to the Ocean quicker.

-Dante
LarryC
Straightened out

Post by LarryC »

Wow, Dante, that's a beautiful boat, you have. Manasquan is the perfect place, too.
I bought a 40 ft. sea ray Sundancer from him, and keep it in Keyport area.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

NJShore4Life wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:59 am I left out a big one that I totally forgot, Silvio DeVita Westside Capo has lived in Toms River forever. I’ve seen his house before, it is a gorgeous house right on the bay off Fischer Blvd. He has probably the perfect house right on the water I’ve ever seen, really nice.

Hes a Newark Area guy but commutes from the shore in Toms River.

If he’s still alive and kicking he’s gotta be well into his 90s , I haven’t heard much about him or seen him out around town in years, probably since I was a kid was the last time I saw him in person in town.

-Dante
Great info and a great read Dante. As always.

What's silvio's address. I'd like to Google street view.

Cheers.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.