Michael D'Urso direct examination notes (Michael Coppola trial)

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Re: Michael D'Urso direct examination notes (Michael Coppola trial)

Post by johnny_scootch »

AntComello wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:34 am Do we think Barney gave it a read?
More likely than not.
russ123_
Associate

Post by russ123_ »

Great thread thanks chin your trial notes are the best . Question... If Barney and chin were under so much surveillance when he was being groomed to takeover when did they actually have time to get to know each other .... do we have evidence or proof Barney ever even met chin gigante. Sorry if it's a stupid question
russ123_
Associate

Post by russ123_ »

Let me rephrase this before all my haters jump down my throat. We know from cafaro sr, saverio santaro made sure fat tony looked after Barney when his pops passed. It's just all articles from 90s use words like " chin groomed him" and " handpicked successor" I'm pretty sure the Mikey dimino surveillance picis all we saw of Barney surveillance back then. Please correct. Me if I'm wrong. And trust me I know he's the man I'm not downplaying his power just curious
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

russ123_ wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:36 am Great thread thanks chin your trial notes are the best . Question... If Barney and chin were under so much surveillance when he was being groomed to takeover when did they actually have time to get to know each other .... do we have evidence or proof Barney ever even met chin gigante. Sorry if it's a stupid question
Understand where you're coming from . It's more likely he was "groomed" by Santora and the other East Harlem people he grew up around, but it's safe to assume that him and Chin have definitely met, multiple times. Even if other people closer to Chin put into his ear that Barney should be taking on more responsibility, etc. - I'm sure Chin would have to be acquainted with the guy before agreeing to something like that.
russ123_
Associate

Post by russ123_ »

I always assumed that u just seem too take this most seriously and don't rewrite histo
ry because u don't like rats on YouTube ect.... so I wanted to ask your thoughts thank u