Places with the highest chance to encounter a Mobster

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Makaveli
Straightened out

Places with the highest chance to encounter a Mobster

Post by Makaveli »

Law enforcement tactics putting pressure on the old mob hangouts and social clubs got me thinking about more left field premises that mobsters are known to frequent, e.g real eyes optical in great neck that has seen a great deal of bonnanno/Columbo action.

Beyond the obvious and mainstream spots/restaurants, which present day locations would have the the best chance for one to bump into a mobster?
Ivan
Full Patched

Re: Places with the highest chance to encounter a Mobster

Post by Ivan »

YouTube

thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
JoeCamel
Straightened out

Post by JoeCamel »

You really just want to stay away from any of that but just be prepared to do some jail time if you want to pursue this
jmack
Straightened out

Post by jmack »

Prison
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

Ivan wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:21 am YouTube

Will there be a 2 drink cover charge? :lol:
"Never walk in a room unless you know your way out" - Henry Zottola
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

No way to actually correctly answer this question, but I saw Lorenzo Mannino briefly at his cousin’s restaurant, Ill Colesseo in Brooklyn, when I went there with my dad a few years ago. Obviously I didn’t converse with Mannino, he just seemed tense & he avoided eye contact. Some other grumpy looking Italians in the restaurant looked straight out of central casting, but I can’t confidently say they were mobsters. Also, the pizza & antipasto at Ill colesseo is amazing.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Bazinga!
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
DonPeppino386
Straightened out

Post by DonPeppino386 »

:lol: But also true. Take a walk down Mulberry St or Arthur Ave and there is a good chance you'd walk right by one and wouldn't even know most of the time.
A fish with its mouth closed never gets caught.
peteyboxcars
Honorary Member

Post by peteyboxcars »

Toms River , Brick Twp , Florham Park and East Hanover. lol
tex
Associate

Post by tex »

Don Pepe, Matteos, Stop n Shop!
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

home depot in mamaroneck
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

peteyboxcars wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:56 am Toms River , Brick Twp , Florham Park and East Hanover. lol
At this point it feels like the whole entire DeCavalante Family lives in Toms River.

It all seriousness though there’s probably about 10-12 Decavs in TR, I grew up with a lot of their sons/daughters. The whole Peterstown Section (Mainly Sicilian Neighborhood) of Elizabeth has basically moved to Toms River.

Pino Schifilitti lives down the street from me, I see him everyday when I am out walking my dog. He is a friendly, little old Italian man who still has an Accent from the Old Country, loves my dog and always asks to pet him on our walks. Pino’s wife was able to keep the house all those years Pino was away, he did a LONG bid away. People in the neighborhood looked out for and helped his wife while he was away all those years.

Andy Merola owns a spectacular Italian Deli in town on Fischer Blvd called Mid-Shore Meats that I shop at almost every other day, Ive seen him a lot around town since he got out of his long bid. We have mutual friends/acquaintances and I’ve actually gotten to know him a little since his release - Great Guy and really hit the ground running since he got out , he owns a home right on the water in Toms River and his son is wrestling D1 at an Ivy League School. I wouldn’t mess with Andy , definitely a tough guy who can handle himself. He likes to go out for drinks on the weekend at Hemmingways in Seaside which is owned by the Craparottas, I grew up and attended school with them.

Scoops and Big Lou both have Summer Shore houses in Toms River not too far from me. Scoops is a multi millionaire so he has many properties he owns to spend his time at , usually only down here at the Jersey Shore in the Summertime same thing for Big Lou.

Joe Perna has a house in TR right before the bridge which is where in the Operation Heat indictment they held the making ceremony at.

You really only see the Perna’s down here in the Summer, I’ve met John a few times when he was a student at Seton Hall and then about 13 years ago I spent an entire weekend of debauchery with him when I went on a bachelor party to AC with him because my one older buddy was in his Frat at Seton Hall with all the other Sons who’s Fathers were in the Life that all attended Seton Hall together around the same time late 1990s/early 2000s. Those were some crazy times.

Johnny is the scariest, toughest, craziest mother fucker I’ve ever met but I haven’t seen him in 13 years so I would imagine he mellowed a bit plus he eventually got straightened out.

However, Toms River is beginning to change rapidly and will be unrecognizable in ten years because all the Hasidics/Orthodox Jews are starting to move in.

They already completely took over the areas of Toms River that are close to the border with Lakewood and now they’re starting to slowly move into the areas of Eastern Toms River by the water where all the Italians have always been. With them of course comes run down homes, houses that they rent out as slumlords, the public school system ruined, and all the shithole discount merchants/stores that cater to them popping up. It’s the beginning of the end unfortunately…..

-Dante
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

NJShore4Life wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:49 pm However, Toms River is beginning to change rapidly and will be unrecognizable in ten years because all the Hasidics/Orthodox Jews are starting to move in. They already completely took over the areas of Toms River that are close to the border with Lakewood and now they’re starting to slowly move into the areas of Eastern Toms River by the water where all the Italians have always been
You know they have like 3+ times as many kids as the average in America, too, and are multiplying like crazy right?

Among the "Ultra-Orthodox", the average is like 7 kids per family.

They are projected to totally take over Israel in the coming decades just by sheer breeding volume (seriously!). :lol:
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
jmack
Straightened out

Post by jmack »

NJShore4Life wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:49 pm
peteyboxcars wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:56 am Toms River , Brick Twp , Florham Park and East Hanover. lol
At this point it feels like the whole entire DeCavalante Family lives in Toms River.

It all seriousness though there’s probably about 10-12 Decavs in TR, I grew up with a lot of their sons/daughters. The whole Peterstown Section (Mainly Sicilian Neighborhood) of Elizabeth has basically moved to Toms River.

Pino Schifilitti lives down the street from me, I see him everyday when I am out walking my dog. He is a friendly, little old Italian man who still has an Accent from the Old Country, loves my dog and always asks to pet him on our walks. Pino’s wife was able to keep the house all those years Pino was away, he did a LONG bid away. People in the neighborhood looked out for and helped his wife while he was away all those years.

Andy Merola owns a spectacular Italian Deli in town on Fischer Blvd called Mid-Shore Meats that I shop at almost every other day, Ive seen him a lot around town since he got out of his long bid. We have mutual friends/acquaintances and I’ve actually gotten to know him a little since his release - Great Guy and really hit the ground running since he got out , he owns a home right on the water in Toms River and his son is wrestling D1 at an Ivy League School. I wouldn’t mess with Andy , definitely a tough guy who can handle himself. He likes to go out for drinks on the weekend at Hemmingways in Seaside which is owned by the Craparottas, I grew up and attended school with them.

Scoops and Big Lou both have Summer Shore houses in Toms River not too far from me. Scoops is a multi millionaire so he has many properties he owns to spend his time at , usually only down here at the Jersey Shore in the Summertime same thing for Big Lou.

Joe Perna has a house in TR right before the bridge which is where in the Operation Heat indictment they held the making ceremony at.

You really only see the Perna’s down here in the Summer, I’ve met John a few times when he was a student at Seton Hall and then about 13 years ago I spent an entire weekend of debauchery with him when I went on a bachelor party to AC with him because my one older buddy was in his Frat at Seton Hall with all the other Sons who’s Fathers were in the Life that all attended Seton Hall together around the same time late 1990s/early 2000s. Those were some crazy times.

Johnny is the scariest, toughest, craziest mother fucker I’ve ever met but I haven’t seen him in 13 years so I would imagine he mellowed a bit plus he eventually got straightened out.

However, Toms River is beginning to change rapidly and will be unrecognizable in ten years because all the Hasidics/Orthodox Jews are starting to move in.

They already completely took over the areas of Toms River that are close to the border with Lakewood and now they’re starting to slowly move into the areas of Eastern Toms River by the water where all the Italians have always been. With them of course comes run down homes, houses that they rent out as slumlords, the public school system ruined, and all the shithole discount merchants/stores that cater to them popping up. It’s the beginning of the end unfortunately…..

-Dante
Dante, I think his kid stopped wrestling for Cornell last year. He wrestled for Blair academy in high school which is one of the top wrestling schools in the country. Either way, Merola has set up a nice life for his family.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Great post NY
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.